Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
After receiving a yearly update from SNP MSP last week (think others mentioned receiving same) have received SLab and SC&U ones.

SC&U is headed Taking Scotland Forward and is basically photos of D Ross (in suit, in hi-vis and hard hat, with family, with Ruth, speaking at conference etc). The bit not about Ross is about IndyRef2.

The SLab is strange because there's no mention of SLab at all. Not on any of the 4 A5 pages of small print. Neither are there any pictures of either leader nor mention of their names.

SC&U is headed Taking Scotland Forward and is basically photos of D Ross (in suit, in hi-vis and hard hat, with family, with Ruth, speaking at conference etc). The bit not about Ross is about IndyRef2.
That was really handy when it came yesterday. Lit the fire just nice.

Dredd

LE
Pay rise anyone

All very laudable, but it now explains why they are usually so keen to be upping the general pay for the rest of the public sector! At least since 2015 . . .

Interesting that the failed-leader-but-somehow-now-deputy was quick to say the Ministers pay had been frozen for over a decade - is that true?

All very laudable, but it now explains why they are usually so keen to be upping the general pay for the rest of the public sector! At least since 2015 . . .

Interesting that the failed-leader-but-somehow-now-deputy was quick to say the Ministers pay had been frozen for over a decade - is that true?
Whatever, they will make it up with "expenses" anyway. £££££££££££££££££££'s

Let’s be honest it’s a political stunt in the hope the Westminster politicians take their proposed increase so that they can use it as a stick to beat the independence drum.

Next year they will take it or work out a way to make up the difference as, even if highlighted, they’ll have 4 years for the dust to settle.

More gesture (although laudable) politics as I don’t believe for one minute they don’t want to get more out of the trough. Politicians of all ilks are ultimately cut from the same cloth.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Allegedly NHS Lothian is offering vaccine to all NHS staff (including independent dentists and staff) from next week.
Just phone and book.

HE117

LE
We really need to start reacting against laws which seek to outlaw possession of objects rather than having to prove malintent...

I know it makes the Police's job easier, however I'm not sure that this should be the aim, otherwise it simply degenerates to reductio ad absurdum..

Oh, and I like fireworks! (Who would have guessed..!)

We really need to start reacting against laws which seek to outlaw possession of objects rather than having to prove malintent...

I know it makes the Police's job easier, however I'm not sure that this should be the aim, otherwise it simply degenerates to reductio ad absurdum..

Oh, and I like fireworks! (Who would have guessed..!)
Boom boom :)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It would be madness not to care for the carers.

No doubt there will be many who see this as using Scotland as guinea pigs.

The guidance is vaccinaters first, then care homes, front line NHS staff are 3rd tranche.

Especially as case quoted to me is a non clinical member of staff in a high street dentist

HE117

LE
The guidance is vaccinaters first, then care homes, front line NHS staff are 3rd tranche.

Especially as case quoted to me is a non clinical member of staff in a high street dentist
"Leakage"?

I have a mate who is a dental tech.. he is far from impressed at the way in which the dentists have been behaving. They seem to have been doing a load of F All whilst being paid.. although nothing much coming down to the support strata.. He has been keeping hand to mouth repairing wally teeth via the back door.. but nothing from the practitioners. even though they have been charging him rent!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
"Leakage"?

I have a mate who is a dental tech.. he is far from impressed at the way in which the dentists have been behaving. They seem to have been doing a load of F All whilst being paid.. although nothing much coming down to the support strata.. He has been keeping hand to mouth repairing wally teeth via the back door.. but nothing from the practitioners. even though they have been charging him rent!

Dental technicians, especially self employed were particularly hard done by during this pandemic.
They did not benefit from the monies directly paid to dentists.
Most dental nurses and receptionists went on the furlough scheme as employees.
However dentists' hands were tied in the fact practices were shut for so long and then when reopened the NHS regulations did not initially include much denture work and no crown and bridge at all.
Plus even when we could, the patients were just not beating a path to our door to get new dentures.

So yes, your pal is correct.

Latest Threads