Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Why does she say "Let me be Frank"?

I thought she was "Jimmy"
Watch this and when you get to the end you will understand who Frank is

Snowy.

On ROPS
On ROPs
The MoggFather awesomely shutdown this SNP twat...

Also firework laws are a devolved power in Scotland, so why is he bothering Westminster about it?..

Last edited:
Expect wee Nippy to say that Westminster is not listening to the people of Scotland in her next propaganda broadcast.

I was expecting considerably more verbosity from the Right Honourable Gentleman but that creased me up :)

Also firework laws are a devolved power in Scotland, so why is he bothering Westminster about it?..
It pains me to say it, but I’m with the SNP bloke on this. Cretins and fireworks are a dangerous, anti social mix and I know I’m fully supported in this matter by our Jack Russell!

It pains me to say it, but I’m with the SNP bloke on this. Cretins and fireworks are a dangerous, anti social mix and I know I’m fully supported in this matter by our Jack Russell!
But if the power already resides at Holyrood what is he whinging about? The SNP/Greens could easily vote to control fireworks and probably ban the burning of Guido Fawkes (as anti Catholic).

It pains me to say it, but you should be getting on the SNP blokes case.

He's failing you, and it looks like he'll continue to fail you.

Why you poke up with this lot is beyond me.

It pains me to say it, but you should be getting on the SNP blokes case.

He's failing you, and it looks like he'll continue to fail you.

Why you poke up with this lot is beyond me.
I live in England and was making a comment wrt overuse of fireworks - they seem to be going off most of the year. The Chav/Cretin demographic needs very little excuse and should be barred from inflicting their lifestyle choices on the rest of us! I live out in the sticks, so don’t really suffer from it too much, but Daughter, Son in Law and the pooch are surrounded by it in the nearby town.

I live in England and was making a comment wrt overuse of fireworks - they seem to be going off most of the year. The Chav/Cretin demographic needs very little excuse and should be barred from inflicting their lifestyle choices on the rest of us! I live out in the sticks, so don’t really suffer from it too much, but Daughter, Son in Law and the pooch are surrounded by it in the nearby town.
Without fail every year, a few weeks either side of November 5th, the neds and jakeys are out with fireworks and the town FB page blows up with fighting between those complaining, and the jakeys that see no harm in it.
Personally I dont think you should be able to buy them from shops, but I'm not going to go on Faceache and whinge about it, as the brain cell of the average jakey just doesnt fire enough electricity to care.

Without fail every year, a few weeks either side of November 5th, the neds and jakeys are out with fireworks and the town FB page blows up with fighting between those complaining, and the jakeys that see no harm in it.
Personally I dont think you should be able to buy them from shops, but I'm not going to go on Faceache and whinge about it, as the brain cell of the average jakey just doesnt fire enough electricity to care.
Would be quite happy to see them banned myself, just find them a PITA TBH, especially when you've got a young nipper. Not going to go running to some MP/Faceache like a mewling quim to ruin it for the folks that like it though.

Would be quite happy to see them banned myself, just find them a PITA TBH, especially when you've got a young nipper. Not going to go running to some MP/Faceache like a mewling quim to ruin it for the folks that like it though.

My working cocker spaniel thinks he's on a shoot when fireworks go off, parks his arse and looks skyward for dropping birds.

NSP

LE
So charge them with misuse of explosives and/or causing an explosion, then. Should come with a mandatory custodial, I should think.

I mean, what else is wilfully putting a tube of explosive compound with a lit fuse through an old lady's letterbox but "causing an explosion?" - with intent to harm or damage. Ooh - throw arson onto the charge sheet, too. I wonder what happened to those two scroats that lobbed one into an occupied police car a few years ago, much to the Daily Wail's chagrin? Oh, yes - that's right: fuck all.

In any case, if it's a devolved matter then there's nothing stopping the Scottish Nazi Party from cracking on and legislating to end the scourge north of where the BFO electrified razor wire fenceline should be.

Dredd

LE
Agreed.

If people are using them WITHIN THE LAW as it currently stands, then those complaining have no real grounds to do so other than "Ah dinnae like 'em so naeboady should hae 'em".

But if there is wilful and deliberate mis-use (e.g., aiming them at people or property), whether it is intended to cause actual harm or not, then they should be charged under the same principle as discharging a firearm.

And once again, the YesNP have proven that they gripe and whinge to get powers, get granted them as a devolved matter and then do hee-haw with them. Other than make air rifle owners pay a license fee when there was no real need or evidence to do so.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
My working cocker spaniel thinks he's on a shoot when fireworks go off, parks his arse and looks for dropping birds.
I must admit to doing something similar in Pubs in my younger days! :)

Latest Threads