Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

I'm sure there was a pro-Nat paper trying to spin it that the PM was trying to "steal" credit from the FM.
Had a quick look at the Pravda The National - Scottish News, Sport, Politics and more headlines but didn't find it there. However, as you would expect, they have their own spin on it. This is from Monday though..

View attachment 525668

FACT CHECK: Tory excuses over £500 NHS bonus simply don't add up
The National, has less journalistic integrity than Readers Wives.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The National, has less journalistic integrity than Readers Wives.
Oy! Don't you diss RW! Comparing it to the gutter press indeed.

Yep she will rejoin the EU, even if they don't want us, 'cos that is the will of the Scottish people!
Just saw this. Appogies if it has been posted already.
1606960921669.png

Sturgeon red-faced as EU figures dismiss dream of 'economically weaker' Scotland joining

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
An independent Scotland wouldn't be economically weaker if they stopped "sending £ billions to Westminster to be spent on 'vanity' projects".
:?

Personally, I think not having second rate local councillors trying to big it up on the international stage might go some way to improving the financial situation.

An independent Scotland wouldn't be economically weaker if they stopped "sending £ billions to Westminster to be spent on 'vanity' projects".
Oh dear, I’m so sorry I hope your total amnesia gets better soon. You seem to have missed the fact that the population of Scotland get more taxpayers money spent on them than those in England, or the fact that the Barnett formula exists. Perhaps as a bedtime treat you should try reading the latest GERS report (SG’s own figures) and explain the missing £16bn, between what Scotland raises in tax and spends.

There are none so blind as those who WILL not see.

Edit: Now directed at the tube that made the original comment.

Dredd

LE
The problem with the Express is that it is really just a mirror to Das National(ist). The stories are sensationalised versions to grab attention but have little to no real substance once you look at them.
This is true. Sturgeon is so thick skinned, there's no way she'd be "red faced". In her head, she's right, always, and everyone else is wrong and at fault.

Latest Threads