Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

giatttt

Old-Salt
Does your blood need to be -70 degrees for the vaccine to work? :rolleyes:

The scientist said it needs to be stored and transported at -70 but when ready for use can go in to a normal fridge and be okay for several days. Not sure how long but no doubt planners will be working that out. It ain't rocket science :)
Rocket science I'm happy with, tefal heads with test tubes and a Crispr inviting me to shoot up in the local dentist's not so sanguine. :-o

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Does your blood need to be -70 degrees for the vaccine to work? :rolleyes:

The scientist said it needs to be stored and transported at -70 but when ready for use can go in to a normal fridge and be okay for several days. Not sure how long but no doubt planners will be working that out. It ain't rocket science :)

Unfortunately my understanding is the vials hold a thousand doses and have to be used within 5 days, so careful planning is going to be required.
Especially as standard practice is to hold folk for 15 minutes after such a jab to ensure no immediate ill effects.

Unfortunately my understanding is the vials hold a thousand doses and have to be used within 5 days, so careful planning is going to be required.
Especially as standard practice is to hold folk for 15 minutes after such a jab to ensure no immediate ill effects.
Had flu jab in local Dr's surgery a month ago. Complete conveyer belt system, in, jabbed, out in about 3 mins. No 15 min hanging around, no sitting at any stage. They were making appointments 1 min apart. To get cv19 jags done it'll have to be the same, unless they can find enormous buildings for people to hang around in.

HE117

LE
Yeah, but this does not mean that you have to wait 15 mins between punters.. You just need to have a holding areas downstream of the injection station large enough to hold folk for 15 mins (suitably spaced..)

I would have thought the health profession needs no lessons in getting folk to hang about?

Had flu jab in local Dr's surgery a month ago. Complete conveyer belt system, in, jabbed, out in about 3 mins. No 15 min hanging around, no sitting at any stage. They were making appointments 1 min apart. To get cv19 jags done it'll have to be the same, unless they can find enormous buildings for people to hang around in.

Indeed, I hadn't witnessed anything like it when I popped in last month to my local health centre. It really was a conveyor belt system for this year's flu jab. Folk seemingly randomly walking in off the street for a jab.

Indeed, I hadn't witnessed anything like it when I popped in last month to my local health centre. It really was a conveyor belt system for this year's flu jab. Folk seemingly randomly walking in off the street for a jab.
I witnessed it during induction to the RAF in 1974, long line of recruits walking down the corridor, hands on hips, being jabbed as you passed each office :) Apart from Polio (I think) which was dropped onto a sugar cube to eat. Except when we were all getting jabbed up ready for the Falklands when they didn't have enough sugar cubes to go around so it was dropped on your tongue, disgusting!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Have always had mine done at work and always had a don't leave building for 15minutes warning.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yeah, but this does not mean that you have to wait 15 mins between punters.. You just need to have a holding areas downstream of the injection station large enough to hold folk for 15 mins (suitably spaced..)

I would have thought the health profession needs no lessons in getting folk to hang about?

Indeed, believe one of the locations used up here for flu was Black Isle Show ground.

Very large expanse of sheds and overhead cover.

just before I deployed on Op Granby my section did a CFT and from the finish line went straight into the med centre and the lot of us walked down a double line of medics with syringes giving jabs left arm, right arm alternatively and straight back out the door - I would estimate 12 men, 5-6 jabs each, inside 5 mins easy! I had no clue what I was getting but I did get a Gulf War medical when I got back in St Thomas's hospital in London and was told that I had received a whooping cough injection as it acted as a booster for the anthrax injections to make it effective sooner - as an aside, out in the desert I received other injections and I remember one of them was from a pay corp guy who was helping out the medics - he was actually pretty damn good at it :)

If it's anything like the system in our hospital for flu jabs then there's no 15 minute wait. My arse had barely hit the chair and she'd stabbed me and told me to f uck off

Interesting to note that whilst the SNP are continually telling us the 'union is broken' has asked the British Army to help out in the vaccination roll out across Scotland.

British Army planners have been working with the Scottish Government and a number of Scottish health boards, providing strategic planning expertise to help make sure that people in Scotland can get the vaccine as quickly as possible."

Interesting to note that whilst the SNP are continually telling us the 'union is broken' has asked the British Army to help out in the vaccination roll out across Scotland.

British Army planners have been working with the Scottish Government and a number of Scottish health boards, providing strategic planning expertise to help make sure that people in Scotland can get the vaccine as quickly as possible."

Freedom?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Army liaison officers were appointed to every board pretty much at the start of the pandemic. Posted links to it then.
They helped with logistics.

Also the mobile testing units were military run until reasonably recently.

From what I heard today, Army may well be involved in the transport of the vaccine.
Wasn't said why they would want to give vials of the vaccine at £15,000 each to a bunch of squaddies but apparently they will be better than a civilian contractor for some reason.

Army liaison officers were appointed to every board pretty much at the start of the pandemic. Posted links to it then.
They helped with logistics.

Also the mobile testing units were military run until reasonably recently.

From what I heard today, Army may well be involved in the transport of the vaccine.
Wasn't said why they would want to give vials of the vaccine at £15,000 each to a bunch of squaddies but apparently they will be better than a civilian contractor for some reason.
In fairness it makes sense and saves money. Probably better than doing shit jobs in camp or being on a dogshit exercise - I just hope Nic doesn’t take the credit and thanks the troops publicly.

I'm sure there was a pro-Nat paper trying to spin it that the PM was trying to "steal" credit from the FM.
Had a quick look at the Pravda The National - Scottish News, Sport, Politics and more headlines but didn't find it there. However, as you would expect, they have their own spin on it. This is from Monday though..

1606943264089.png

FACT CHECK: Tory excuses over £500 NHS bonus simply don't add up

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
To be fair there have been a few inward investment "opportunities" that have been thinly disguised efforts to trouser large sums of SG cash. Lite On was always a bit suspect, but the good news is that they do go and claw back the money if the jobs have not appeared. Others like the Vestas plant in Campletown reek of government incompetence - IIRC they went ahead on the agreement that the council/government would upgrade the port, that didn't happen and eventually they threw in the towel after a few years of taking blades to the docks in Glasgow by road.
Argyll and Bute Council invested heavily on improving infrastructure. Roads from the base at Machrihanish were widened, bends smoothed, junctions improved, a street in the middle of town realigned and the New Quay in the harbour extended and improved such that large vessels were able to load up. Some huge blades did indeed rather impressively traverse the A83 heading in the general direction of Glasgow but I think they may have been going to wind farms in Scotland.

The factory has gone through various changes of ownership but has always been in financial trouble and is now run on a care and maintenance basis by it's South Korean owners with one employee.

Latest Threads