Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

You were fortunate to get past the front door.

How very true.

I had to consult the security monkey on the door as to the nature of my visit (the stookie and crutches were a bit of a giveaway to the most astute), to my health condition, to take my mask off and wear one taken from the pile on the table, then the supervised hand gel routine.

By the time I left, the Bikini state must have been raised, as there was now three of them stagging on.

VFM.

How very true.

I had to consult the security monkey on the door as to the nature of my visit (the stookie and crutches were a bit of a giveaway to the most astute), to my health condition, to take my mask off and wear one taken from the pile on the table, then the supervised hand gel routine.

By the time I left, the Bikini state must have been raised, as there was now three of them stagging on.

VFM.
Laughing at Bikini State. :rofl:

It's the SNP way, always blame Westmonster and make headlines look as if everything bad is Westmonsters fault but everything good (look, free money everyone!) is down to the SNP.

Run away when any hard questions get asked.
It’s funny reading the comments section on the BBC where she is getting tonked just now.

The die hard Nationalist supporters don’t run away, they just repeat lies or say “your all ‘Yoons’ or ‘Tories’ and we don’t want you” when they can’t answer questions because they know it will show the ineptitude of Das Partie.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not NHS Scotland, but the NHS in general are heroes to a (wo)man.

I saw first hand today the front line trenches in which they're fighting the good fight.

I presented myself to a very busy orthopaedic dept to see a consultant and went to the reception desk to check in, where I had to wait a considerable time for her to finish a phone call, fair enough.

What piqued my interest in the meantime was the other two receptionists sat alongside Ms Busy Bee, who were engaged in making Christmas decorations.

Now, I'm all for a bit of seasonal cheer as much as the next patient, but FFS, priorities people!

I do hope this cash bonus extends to the angels I saw today, bless them.

There are great discrepancies within the NHS at present.

I am currently running short staffed, no receptionists at all, all redeployed elsewhere (Test and Protect tracing or manning the door screening stations)

Whereas I know of sites elsewhere where they have a number of admin staff, so many that they are rostered on, so that they are only working a couple of days a week and even when at work, with no walk ins and all the various Covid precautions, they are getting through a vast amount of paperbacks!

Mentioning it to management just gets a " We'll look into it".

Anyway Christmas decorations have been banned from clinical areas for years and would doubt any are going up this year so proably for their ebay account!

There are great discrepancies within the NHS at present.

I am currently running short staffed, no receptionists at all, all redeployed elsewhere (Test and Protect tracing or manning the door screening stations)

Whereas I know of sites elsewhere where they have a number of admin staff, so many that they are rostered on, so that they are only working a couple of days a week and even when at work, with no walk ins and all the various Covid precautions, they are getting through a vast amount of paperbacks!

Mentioning it to management just gets a " We'll look into it".

Anyway Christmas decorations have been banned from clinical areas for years and would doubt any are going up this year so proably for their ebay account!

One of my neighbours is a doctor on the Covid ward of the nearby city general hospital, and is astonished at the healthcare professionals working there who are all over Facetube with tales of woe and a lack of PPE, putting them all in mortal danger.

According to him, it's all outright lies and attention seeking.

There has never been a shortage of resources of any kind.
The staff have been kicking their heels waiting for the Armageddon, and can't be redeployed to where there is more requirement.
They're still in Tier 3, though.

Doesn't stop them whining that they're working their fingers to the bone.

There's no doubt that some are working wonders and deserve every penny, tax paid or not, but there are others who are riding on their coat tails.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
One of my neighbours is a doctor on the Covid ward of the nearby city general hospital, and is astonished at the healthcare professionals working there who are all over Facetube with tales of woe and a lack of PPE, putting them all in mortal danger.

The staff have been kicking their heels waiting for the Armageddon, and can't be redeployed to where there is more requirement.

There's no doubt that some are working wonders and deserve every penny, tax paid or not, but there are others who are riding on their coat tails.
Do you remember when Hancock mentioned that a lot of PPE was being wasted and twitter lit up with crying nurses and he was crucified by the press? Many of my friends assured me it was true. There was a hell of a lot of wastage but after the BBC and media waded in on the side of the wasters it became impossible for management to deal with it. Any hint of discipline was met with threats of unions and twitter. It was easier to blame the evil Tories.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

We have come close a few times to running out by by reshuffling from clinics with supplies to those that are low crisis's have been averted.

Our PPE has been out of date and recertified which many have complained about but it has been the same across all the NHS.

I have been busy at times, and not so busy at others but have used that time for CPD training staff etc.

Have volunteered for many other duties but never ben taken up on those offers as apparently we are important where we are.

Middle Miss F however, as a Nurse and has spent various times waiting for the onslaught that never came up here in Tier 1. She enjoyed free sandwiches, cakes and soup that we never got as for some reason we were not classed as patient facing even though we were seeing patients.

Do you remember when Hancock mentioned that a lot of PPE was being wasted and twitter lit up with crying nurses and he was crucified by the press? Many of my friends assured me it was true. There was a hell of a lot of wastage but after the BBC and media waded in on the side of the wasters it became impossible for management to deal with it. Any hint of discipline was met with threats of unions and twitter. It was easier to blame the evil Tories.

The NHS is certainly not allowing this crisis go to waste in the same way they waste their resources.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Last week we had an email about remembering to use PPE on a sessional basis (ie all morning or all afternoon)

This week, a reminder that single use PPE, was just that single use on a single patient.

It’s funny reading the comments section on the BBC where she is getting tonked just now.

The die hard Nationalist supporters don’t run away, they just repeat lies or say “your all ‘Yoons’ or ‘Tories’ and we don’t want you” when they can’t answer questions because they know it will show the ineptitude of Das Partie.
Die Partei. Standards Old Boy.:):):):)

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The NHS is certainly not allowing this crisis go to waste in the same way they waste their resources.
I would not wish to suggest that the waste was universal and that there were not some very tight supplies but neither did Hancock. It was a small factor.

We have come close a few times to running out by by reshuffling from clinics with supplies to those that are low crisis's have been averted.

Our PPE has been out of date and recertified which many have complained about but it has been the same across all the NHS.

I have been busy at times, and not so busy at others but have used that time for CPD training staff etc.

Have volunteered for many other duties but never ben taken up on those offers as apparently we are important where we are.

Middle Miss F however, as a Nurse and has spent various times waiting for the onslaught that never came up here in Tier 1. She enjoyed free sandwiches, cakes and soup that we never got as for some reason we were not classed as patient facing even though we were seeing patients.

While nurses will be cherished as angels
Dentists will never be forgotten for classics
Like driller killer or marathon man ;)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
While nurses will be cherished as angels
Dentists will never be forgotten for classics
Like driller killer or marathon man ;)

And a personal favourite, Little Shop of horrors

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I would not wish to suggest that the waste was universal and that there were not some very tight supplies but neither did Hancock. It was a small factor.

There was also a misunderstanding of the actual potential need.

We had been warned constantly of the impending flood of patients so various folk stocked up for those potential numbers.

As such those of us still seeing patients would run through our stock but others were still awaiting patients and thought that they needed to keep hold of a supply of PPE.

To me, in my area, there was no common pool of PPE, every individual department kept individual stock piles and once entered into that department were only ever leaving if it had been used by them.

One common cause of shortage was recalls of items. A department could be sitting there thinking that they had 2 weeks supply of PPE when suddenly a recall came through for a certain type of mask and in an instance they have 2 days worth and that's only for those staff fitted for those masks.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And for those worried about tax payers money being wasted, an assurance given at the start of this pandemic was that no NHS staff would be worse off due to this pandemic.

Thus when vast swathes of the NHS was shut down and folk were sitting at home "on standby" waiting to rush in and man the likes of the Louise Jordon, everyone in teh NHS was still on their usual pay.

Even now I still have colleagues who are only working 60% of their normal hours and are on full pay.

Latest Threads