ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Scottish Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fang_Farrier, Feb 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Regarding Cunningham, I think I'll have to pay her a visit because she's clearly got something that is much better than anything I may have had a chance to buy in Den Haag today (weather not the best, the sort of rain that would be classed as "light mist" in Scotland. Good excuse to sit with a Howling Wolf and a Long Neck in The Fiddler. I recommend the place VERY highly if you want a decent, on-site brewed, beer or 2).

Regarding the other one, it's more likely that she's a moonhowler who is playing the religious card because she can't play the race one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Is this State Aid for the shortbread industry? That's against EU rules! and judging by the Bombardier spat, the US won't like it either.

3. New Zealand butter tastes just as good

4. Don't remember the free butter but as an end user the cost of it never crossed my mind. Now if they had done the same for the wine lake I may or may not have remembered that depending on quality and quantity.

From the BBC comments.

Some people seem to be upset at the money spent to find out about this shortage of butter which I can understand as our good armageddon walt YarS mentioned it some months ago. If it was being trucked out by the new people's republic of putin, information on it couldn't have taken long to find.

5. Funny awarded only because there isn't a groan icon :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I remember in training in 87 we had butter in single portion foil packaging marked 'Discount Butter for HM Forces'.
    Never saw it again once I'd left training but may be down to my being posted to Germany.

7. I might suggest getting some butter in the freezer for chrimbo...

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Yes indeed, it was virtually being handed out in the shops as well.

The buggers didn't do the same with the Wine Lake though!

9. J-C emptied that a LONG time ago.

10. I remember the 250g paper-wrapped packs suddenly appearing in place of the tubs of shite marge that we'd had up till then. I can't remember it stopping though.