Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

AS I was attempting to cover "the National" as I do every time I visit the supermarket I noticed this headline

BBC: Laura Kuenssberg 'promoting Tory austerity' with 'economic illiteracy'​

]

By Laura Kuenssberg promoting anything Tory me ...ROTFL

worth opening if you want a laugh
I saw something like this on FB the other day. For some reason I had a link to an Indy page waffling about the BBC being Biased against the SNP/Scotland. But the stuff they were saying was so right wing and half their arguments made it sound like they would be entirely for Brexit and getting all the "damn immigrants" out of the country. I genuinely thought it was the worst hive of Britain first and all that pish at first!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
FB_IMG_1606422152322.jpg

There's been unrest in Ullapool the day as the residents suddenly discover that they have a town centre.

Those from Lochinver remain aloof as they still have the only traffic lights in the North West.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm glad that all those Gaelic speakers can make best use of the signposts.

One of the few parts of the country with a reasonable level of native Gaelic speakers

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Has the bi lingual signposts helped them in their daily lives?

Absolutely no idea, the topic has never come up.

However, I have posted often enough about the stupidity of bilingual signposts.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Having never followed the indulgence of local authorities use of ancient language, have they 'invented' ancient words for internet cafe, ambulance etc as the Welsh have?

No idea, I only ever watched BBC Alba on the rare occasion that they showed some rugby.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In Wales the police are Heddlu and an ambulance is Ambiwlans.

Are there Gaelic counterparts?

Gen Q.

Can't say that I have noticed anything on ambulances

But since formation of Police Scotland the new logo is bilingual, fairly phonetic rather than invented, Poileas Alba.

Latest Threads