Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

I thought that there would be criticism of this announcement

Scotland is first country in the world to make female sanitary products free.

Proposed by SLab and unanimously passed in Holyrood by all political parties.

Absolutely necessary.

Given the number of dripping minges in Scotland.

Plenty more money where that came from, Westmonster loves splashing cash to Wee Nicky.
She certainly does. Unfortunately she seems to like splashing other peoples cash! The SNP might as well have a sign over Hollyrood "F**k the middle class".

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What next? Tax payer funded bog roll? After all everyone has to wipe their backside...

Or even free Toothpaste? Actually that would make more sense, better dental hygiene, less demand on the NHS.

The idea of free hygiene kit is great, the reality is that someone somewhere has to pay for it.

As part of childsmile we do give out lots of free toothpaste and brushes.

But childsmile has resulted in a huge drop in dental decay in children over the years.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Plenty more money where that came from, Westmonster loves splashing cash to Wee Nicky.

Westminster are looking at introducing this elsewhere in the UK

I'm happy to criticise it. Should have removed VAT on them as they're a necessity, not give them out for bloody free (SWIDT). Sorry, not free, paid for by my taxes, once again!
Sadly they would not have been able to remove the VAT because of EU rules! (It had already been reduced to the minimum the EU would allow)But we still want to rejoin the EU, surrender our fishing, independence and currency because ............err?

No one has yet said how much this will cost the taxpayer or whether anyone will be stopped from going into their nearest public distribution point and coming out with armfuls, our local Tesco used to provide free nappies in their loos but had to stop as they were regularly emptied by individuals.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Don't think FF will be happy he was expecting a huge backlash.

You lot are so unreasonable :-D

Not at all, was hoping for debate on a topical issue.

4(T)

LE
No one has yet said how much this will cost the taxpayer or whether anyone will be stopped from going into their nearest public distribution point and coming out with armfuls, our local Tesco used to provide free nappies in their loos but had to stop as they were regularly emptied by individuals.

I wonder how long it will take for our multicultural entrepreneurs to start exporting large quantities of sanitary products to profitable markets in Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia?

I guess the government(s) have thought of this and got a foolproof plan in place to protect the taxpayer.

Put in place in schools and colleges this year.
Which actually makes a lot of sense. The whole issue of "sanitary poverty" as I understand it was raised because a few young ladies were going to school without the proper sanitary care. This was either because of genuine poverty or because their parent(s) didn't care. I don't think anyone would begrudge a young lass a few free products both for health and personal esteem issues, however as usual because England has done something, Wee Nippy has to do it differently/bigger/at greater cost.
An awful lot of freebies issued by the Scottish government would stop overnight come independence.

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
I thought that there would be criticism of this announcement

Scotland is first country in the world to make female sanitary products free.

Proposed by SLab and unanimously passed in Holyrood by all political parties.
Is this as a result of having the highest rate of poverty in Europe, a condition created by said politicians both SLab and SNP? Indirectly it's another tax on the 'fortunate'.

Also, you can't buy razor blades before having a tag removed as they're one of the most knicked items in supermarkets, which may suggest some blokes can't afford to pay for them.

giatttt

Old-Salt
Also, you can't buy razor blades before having a tag removed as they're one of the most knicked items in supermarkets, which may suggest some blokes can't afford to pay for them.
They are hideously overpriced. Stopped buying blades years ago as the disposables (branded and supermarket own) are just as good in most cases and a fraction of the price.

Did you not then?
Thought you hitched a Scot and permanently settled?
Very welcome of course. ( Box ticked)

Born and bred Scot.

Joined up and married an English hen.

I regularly visit family living across the central belt from Livi up to Fauldhouse and places in-between.

Short trips, mind. The endless whining gets on my tits from the off.

Latest Threads