Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not just a clown, more than that he is a
View attachment 523286
F*cking Clown!

I was thinking more this:

1606230009584.png

A dangerous clown.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree that the wee ginger gobshite is making panicky decisions; all her decisions, and they are hers, are fully inspected, thought out and when the wording is suitable to show that she is different from Westminster then, and only then, does she make her proclamations!

OK! :threaten:
Oh beware her guardian (reading) knight Sir Fang of Farrier will be along to protect her sacred name any second ......

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Data for 2019, so pre Covid, deaths from alcohol down, (possibly due to minimum pricing) but suicides are up

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Oh beware her guardian (reading) knight Sir Fang of Farrier will be along to protect her sacred name any second ......

Oh do Pisseth off!

And black bun. Don't forget the black bun

"You're Fuckin nicked me old son!
You and your Gollywog badges "

"I'll be surprised if you are out of Saughton re-education camp much before Ramadan 2022 (2nd April) making statements like that! " BLACK BUN!!!!" , how fuckingdare you!!!!!"

Data for 2019, so pre Covid, deaths from alcohol down, (possibly due to minimum pricing) but suicides are up
Yeah, I’m sceptical this had much to do with minimum pricing. The rate of Alcohol Specific Deaths dropped.

From NR Scotland:
the main underlying causes of the alcohol-specific deaths that have been registered since 2000 are alcoholic liver disease (code ‘K70’: 660 deaths in 2019) and mental and behavioural diseases due to use of alcohol (code ‘F10’: 272 deaths in 2019): no other cause of death has accounted for 100+ deaths in any one year.

Given that the main causes of alcohol specific death are alcoholic liver disease and mental and behavioural diseases, are we really meant to be expected to believe that pricing some people out of the rot gut alcohol they were previously buying in large quantities reduced those types of deaths so quickly that an impact was seen since 2018? If minimum pricing has an effect it would surely be a longer term one in that fewer people should get to the position of giving themselves liver disease or mental health issues. Those that have been abusing their bodies pre 2018 would still have been doing so, just with slightly more expensive alcohol.

There is a nice graph here

which shows that alcohol specific deaths have dropped by similar or greater amounts previously. In fact it was dropping consistently until about 2013/14. Maybe it’s more realistic that minimum pricing has had some minimal effect but much of it was just down to random chance like previously.

Dredd

LE
So, still higher than the number in 2012 and similar to 1999, before there was an MPU?

Yay.

And since there is usually a rush to show how much better it is when compared to England, here is are the latest stats:

In a process control scenario one would describe those figures as remarkably 'steady' although they are over a shorter period (a decade) and not as far back as 20 years as shown in the BBC article.

And as noted above, for there to be a measurable decline after the introduction of a policy would be laudable if there was a direct correlation where there is a minimal flash to bang, but as we all know the damage caused by alcohol (where accidental demise such as RTCs are discounted) occurs over a much longer time frame.

If in 10 years the rate has been shown to have a persistent downward trend to 25% or better, then I would admit to it being an effective tool in achieving the objective. But it won't, because as Fang has been quick to point out before, this is only one of the tools in the box and should not be judged in isolation.

Although our pollies will no doubt jump on this promptly and be giddy with breathless ecstasy at how they have conquered alcoholism in Scotland.

And if only we were independent, there would be no deaths at all . . .

What's it got to do with the PM? I thought it was Wee Nippy who was running everything up here?

So this approval rating she apparently has is even more of a sham then? :scratch:

Hogmanay banned, blame Boris Grrr of course....

Everything else that is seen to be good, including the cash flow, vaccines etc is not due to Boris Grrr.....

Simples...

JB

So, still higher than the number in 2012 and similar to 1999, before there was an MPU?

Yay.

And since there is usually a rush to show how much better it is when compared to England, here is are the latest stats:

In a process control scenario one would describe those figures as remarkably 'steady' although they are over a shorter period (a decade) and not as far back as 20 years as shown in the BBC article.

And as noted above, for there to be a measurable decline after the introduction of a policy would be laudable if there was a direct correlation where there is a minimal flash to bang, but as we all know the damage caused by alcohol (where accidental demise such as RTCs are discounted) occurs over a much longer time frame.

If in 10 years the rate has been shown to have a persistent downward trend to 25% or better, then I would admit to it being an effective tool in achieving the objective. But it won't, because as Fang has been quick to point out before, this is only one of the tools in the box and should not be judged in isolation.

Although our pollies will no doubt jump on this promptly and be giddy with breathless ecstasy at how they have conquered alcoholism in Scotland.

And if only we were independent, there would be no deaths at all . . .

I'll drink to that.

Cheers!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier