Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Oh, come now. Quoting Boris? Whatever next? Don't tell us you'll be stopping passing your dram over yon side glass of water during the loyal toast, the wee scamp that ya are. ;)

How dare you, I never have water.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bet you always pick 15 and 45 for the lottery though. :)
Better off with 1, 21 & 25. Or to put it another way I, XXI, & XXV!

Dredd

LE
Devolution for England next perhaps. Then all four regions have devolution but revise how responsibilities are devolved? Try and get the best parts of it to work and reduce the need for so many SNP etc to visit London and lecture everyone else while failing at their primary responsibilities?

That's a brilliant idea - they could call it something funky. Like, perhaps, a Federation?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Bet you always pick 15 and 45 for the lottery though. :)

Sorry to disappoint you but family history has us on the winning side in both those uprisings.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You'll no be over the water yourself then?
Like BPC I was born over the water (albeit several thousand miles further on). I too returned to Scotland but unlike BPC, I stayed! And yes my Regiment was one fighting for King and Country, not for the Young Pretender.

TamH70

MIA
Sorry to disappoint you but family history has us on the winning side in both those uprisings.
And both sides of mine were still trotting bogs in the South of Ireland. Or picking potatoes or the like. To be honest, I don't care anymore about the history before they saw sense and crossed the Irish Sea. Or else my childhood would have been nastier than it already was.

Like BPC I was born over the water (albeit several thousand miles further on). I too returned to Scotland but unlike BPC, I stayed! And yes my Regiment was one fighting for King and Country, not for the Young Pretender.

Surely at your age it's The old Pretender ;)

TamH70

MIA
Are they still on wax or have you moved to parchment.

Fake noos.

Slate tablets etched with a proper lead stylus.

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
Probably because it was released 3days ago so has already been discussed as whether news worthy or not.

In fact you can read many such letters

Both sides of the spectrum publish them
Seems rather surprising it hasn't featured as Gove more or less accuses the Nats of acting like fifth columnists. Unless it was on 'The Nine' (which I've never watched) I'm not aware al Beeb discussed it, or for that matter the general MsM, given that it was Gove (grrr) making the accusation.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Don't take any notice Auld-Yin, I would suggest sending a strong message to the Medieval Times by carrier pigeon in protest.

Latest Threads