Scottish Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fang_Farrier, Feb 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

I have already got Agents of Empire by Noel Malcolm, for my holiday reading.

2. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Fecking more tourists, just what we need!

Make sure you nip into the Castle and try some of the gin the boys are distilling round the back.

Not sure when Cocoa Mountain is due to open but very soon. I think the new Deli is due to open Wednesday.

Give the Chinese a body swerve. And if you want a curry head up to Sids in Brora.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Does the HoC have rules now ties don't have to be worn?

4. I have written down ideas over the last three years or so for a humorous military novel in the style of GMF, complete with the great cover art of the second editions artist (damned if I can find an artist worth their salt who can get near it, so far ), and George MacDonald Fraser was one of a kind.
    Flashman was 'ok', but GMF's fictitious Highland regiment yarns had me crying with laughter. [​IMG]

5. Is that @Auld-Yin on the left?

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Naw, that's Pipey. Anyway, the Gordons were Highland tuechters, not sophisticated Lowlanders like wot I woz.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Auld-Yin

Fictitious my Arrse, they were Gordon's as GMF admitted.

8. @Auld-Yin
    I am still tinkering with ideas for this book and in my researches today discovered that George MacDonald Fraser is apparently well read at Parris Island and Quantico.
    'Quartered Safe Out Here' is on the professional reading lists for USMC Sergeants, Staff Sergeants, and Captains.

No Sun Tzu on the list, so GMF is a superior read to 'Art of War'

• Like Like x 2
  9. Auld-Yin

And quite rightly so :D

• Like Like x 2