ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Scottish Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fang_Farrier, Feb 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. stay off older women then.

2. Tell your wife to leave me alone then

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. SNP Irony Meter Fails Calibration Test:

Aye right.JPG

Get the Facts. Aye, right.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SNP trumpet their achievements on their home page.

If you are up for a (despairing) giggle, read the section on "A Smarter Scotland".

Our record

Christopher Brookmyre is apparently negotiating the rights for his next best-selling fiction novel based on alt-history.

PS: Anyone else noticed there is no search function on their site?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I like the idea of fixed terms for list MSPs to get rid of the jobs for life mindset. If directly elected to a constituency then fine, but the List where party apparatchiks are given seats based on the overall number of seats is open to abuse by professional politicians who have little connection to the constituency they are loosely linked to.

I would like to see a second chamber of no more than 50 people, elected, and able to hold the work of Holyrood to task.

No increase to the number of MSPs, 129 should be more than enough to run a small country like Scotland. Any increase agreed should be in the establishment of a second chamber.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1

7. Tae the North Sea fer a swim

8. The annual bath has come around quick this year.

• Like Like x 2
  9. We got 15.2 in Falkirk.
    Try paying yer Cooncul tax pal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Does it really matter? I doubt Nippy will be in the hot seat in two or three years once Brexit processes & agendas are more transparent Whatever that means. My £5 (and I think you'll find its legal tender) is on "When Sco-at-lund see's the cullurr 'o Breckzut's eyes like"..accompanied by ( no matter the said settlements)..."Nae gude enuph furr Sco-at-lund's peepul. Ah whant another Indi-Ref awrite?
    Plus a minute's silence for..well summat.

Who the Hell knows?
    We don't even know for certain which Tory sock puppet will be in No10 down the line doing battle with The Sprouts either. Nor for that matter if it will be a Tory. That in itself is a core issue at the moment. Therefor, I would say it's impossible for Nippy to spout concrete forward planning. Which leaves wish lists and best guess work.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017 at 8:04 AM
    • Like Like x 1