Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Seadog

ADC
Billy Bagpipes
LOL!

I effing hate Humza Yousaf, hate John Swinney, hate Billy Bagpipes, hate the SNP, and hate the blue painted, polyester flag waving, slack jawed, idle, chip eating, ranting, shuffling, Sean Connery worshipping baw bags whose activism involves sticking wee stickers onto lampposts.

I expect a clause that exempts hatred of 'Toaries' and 'Yoons' from the provisions of the Act.

Knock knock.....excuse me, there's someone at the door...........beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

SNPeeee are now sort of painted into a corner of their own making
West minster opens a 3 tier system , Snips open a 5 tier system

she wants it all different from the hated England, now England is going back into lockdown , and the furlough is being extended (in England)

now waiting for all the tears of grief because those " English bastarts ur gettin furloughed an we're nut, it jist nae fair Bastart Boris grrrr!!!"

going to be fun watching Billy Bagpipes in parliament weeping about Scotland not getting the money for furlough , even though we aren't actually going into furlough

pass the popcorn
Barnet consequentials complicates that some what.
My Understanding is Scotgov is awash with cash that they do not want to spend
The tainted tory pound ? more like the prospect of publishing Gers Next year is not something the nippy one relish's

And.... the truth is slowly coming out about Bi-Fab

Quote[
MINISTERS stand to lose up to £52.4m of taxpayers money after refusing to carry on backing part state-owned renewables manufacturer Burntisland Fabrication (BiFab) which is now believed to be on the brink of financial collapse.

The Herald on Sunday can reveal that ministers signed off on what was a secret £30m guarantee to support Bifab last year before doing a U-turn after the failure of an important contract, leaving fears that the company faces liquidation.

It can be revealed that ministers decided to do a U-turn after new legal advice felt that providing key support for the ailing company at the centre of a wind farm jobs row would be seen as illegal state aid under European Union regulations.] Quote

and they still insist Scotland will be better off remaining in the EU

They have failed when they intervened in ship building ( £200 million fiasco so far) , they have failed now in renewables, we are slowly watching our country being destroyed by these incompetent idiots,

Watch this space for the next instalment , probably about failing to instigate a proper lockdown again to stem Covid (they are half way there already FFS)

We need to get them out NOW!

jockpopeye

Swinger

Quote[
MINISTERS stand to lose up to £52.4m of taxpayers money after refusing to carry on backing part state-owned renewables manufacturer Burntisland Fabrication (BiFab) which is now believed to be on the brink of financial collapse.

The Herald on Sunday can reveal that ministers signed off on what was a secret £30m guarantee to support Bifab last year before doing a U-turn after the failure of an important contract, leaving fears that the company faces liquidation.

It can be revealed that ministers decided to do a U-turn after new legal advice felt that providing key support for the ailing company at the centre of a wind farm jobs row would be seen as illegal state aid under European Union regulations.] Quote

They have failed when they intervened in ship building ( £200 million fiasco so far) , they have failed now in renewables, we are slowly watching our country being destroyed by these incompetent idiots,

Watch this space for the next instalment , probably about failing to instigate a proper lockdown again to stem Covid (they are half way there already FFS)

You missed out publicly owned Prestwick Airport and the half million of compensation paid out to gropey Alex in your list of tax payers money squandered.

Quote[

I voted for the Scottish Parliament but against tax raising powers in 1997. I thoroughly regret that vote now. Not just for the SNP who are the worst bunch of incompetent, arrogant, divisive, nepotistic and, in some case, criminals going but for all the other politicians Scotland has spawned in the years since the Parliament opened.

If these are the best Labour, the Tories, SNP and Lib Dems can find to fill a Scottish Parliament with then I really don’t want one any more.

Not that Westminster is much better at the moment but if we’re forced to pay for incompetents to run the country I’d rather only pay for one bunch rather than several.

Edit: spooling by auto mistake again!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oor NIC (pbuh) talking at her daily party political broadcast saying she did not want to make this political then jumps right in on an attack on Westminster and the Treasury! She can be quite funny to watch sometime.

Barnet consequentials complicates that some what.
My Understanding is Scotgov is awash with cash that they do not want to spend
The tainted tory pound ? more like the prospect of publishing Gers Next year is not something the nippy one relish's

I'm sure they can publish plenty of Boris grrrs to make up for it

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You sound surprised ;-)
TBH I agree with her point that going back to furlough payments just because England has done is a poor way to treat the devolved countries. They don't have the knowledge on funding available when they have to make decisions regarding their own country.

I believe this will be raised this afternoon in the Chamber when Boris makes his statement. If one of the devolved countries sees the need to go into full lockdown than furlough payments should be available to them, in the same way that England has.

Not often I agree with Nic but hey - nobody said life was easy! :)

TBH I agree with her point that going back to furlough payments just because England has done is a poor way to treat the devolved countries. They don't have the knowledge on funding available when they have to make decisions regarding their own country.

I believe this will be raised this afternoon in the Chamber when Boris makes his statement. If one of the devolved countries sees the need to go into full lockdown than furlough payments should be available to them, in the same way that England has.

Aye, but there was no furlough payments available when the North of England needed it. It suddenly becomes available when it's needed in the South. This isn't just about the UK Government and the devolved Nations, it shines a light on their narrow focus on the Home Counties.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

Didn't the devolved Administrations have 3 weeks extra in Lockdown 1? I think she will be furiously reviewing her 5 tier system, with a view to lockdown to get more cash: those Scottish EU Embassies wont pay for themselves you know.

I call Blackford Billy Bagpipes , because he drones on and on and

on (SWIDT...drones)
Aye, but there was no furlough payments available when the North of England needed it. It suddenly becomes available when it's needed in the South. This isn't just about the UK Government and the devolved Nations, it shines a light on their narrow focus on the Home Counties.
Dipstick , the covid crisis is getting way out of hand and a lockdown was the only way, same as all the other countries Spain Germany France Italy ... places like Winchester for example were given on the news as having a much lower number of cases per 100000 than e.g. Preston (approx same population) and they aren't chuntering about it , You're not a victim.......... sorry I meant Scouser or a, Manc or a Geordie are you?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Boris still has to get his total lockdown through HoC.

It will be unfortunate if we are forced into measures to suit the English timetable.

Dredd

LE

Quote[

And yet, we are only 2 months away from EU regulations no longer having any primacy.

Could they have held on? Could they have spoken (liaised) with the UK Govt and decided to go ahead anyway and wished good luck with the EU pursing a case in a court we would no longer recognise as being pertinent? You can be sure that they didn't even talk to them as otherwise this would all be the fault of Westminster, who probably told them to do the above and decided it was better to let it fail than to admit that there was anything good that could come fae ra English, especially if it was ra hated Torees.

Or is it a case that the scales have finally fallen from their eyes and they have now realised that the concept of being competitive is essential to being viable and a much bigger economic disaster is looming ion the very near horizon and now is not the time to peeing away the coffers on no-hoper projects.

From the media reports it seemed the support was acceptable IF there were other ongoing / future Orders so it was more of a boost than a flat-out bailing. Which it did not have as it did not win the only other Order it was bidding for - not even a withdrawal of a contract, so there was no guarantee and it was all desperately hoping on a gamble. Snake eyes.

A shame for those losing their jobs, but this has limped on and on for several years with no prospect of recovery. It was almost inevitable - BUT they could have held on for two months, surely?

A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse.

Dredd

LE
Had to laugh this morning at Radio Shortbread. The Kay Adams show is on and the usual dribblers were calling in.

Ewan* from an island of only 50 people off the lower west coast (Tier 2) was outraged that up to 200 more people were wandering around at the weekend, each and every one of them from Manchester or Liverpool apparently (although there may be English accents overheard, how did he know all of them were from England?). Then Mary* from Nairn (Tier 1) came on and was also outraged at all the English coming to visit, but it was OK for her fellow Jocks to wander about. When it was pointed out that if they were from the Central Belt then they should not have been there either, she was rightly embarrassed. Unfortunately, not for her overt prejudice but because she might have got others into trouble!

* Probably not their names but who cares.

Edit - spellung errer

Last edited:
Then Mary* from Nairn (Tier 1) came on and was also outraged at all the English coming to visit, but it was OK for her fellow Jocks to wander about.
There are an awful lot of English accents around the Moray Firth. Might be something to do with the 3 military bases and the fact that it's a nice place to live and many of us who served up here, never went home.

... (although there may be English accents overheard, how did he know all of them were from England?). ...
More to the point, how did he know any of them were from England? I have lived in Scotland most of my life, yet have an English accent.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
More to the point, how did he know any of them were from England? I have lived in Scotland most of my life, yet have an English accent.

Similar to yourself, but born in Scotland, family all from Scotland, schooled in Scotland, university in Scotland but as a padbrat my accent is slight,
When in Scotland I have occasionally been accused of being English.

However when in England, I am always correctly identified as Scottish,

Latest Threads