Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nah doesn't go far enough, they should install cameras and microphones in every house and it shouldn't be 7 years in jail it should be 45

SWIDT
Remember the '45!

Dredd

LE
No one wanting to comment on this one?

On Radio Shortbread this morning, when asked by the "news" reader if they were saying witnesses who claimed he had acted in this way were liars, the guest simply said "yes". Now this article says that witnesses did not corroborate the claim at all.

The investigation was reported to have been widened in February this year, then in July his accuser lambasted the investigators as shambolic saying it was disgusting he had been waiting 16 months for an resolution.

Hope he is satisfied with finally getting one.

Nah doesn't go far enough, they should install cameras and microphones in every house and it shouldn't be 7 years in jail it should be 45

SWIDT
download.jpg

Like they say, a broken clock is right twice a day, and Dougie Ross might have stumbled on something right enough.

‘Loathed’ Boris Johnson main reason for swing to Yes as new poll continues trend of support for independence​

The fact that every other political party in the country are a bunch of useless arrses, certainly wont make me change my support to the SNP and it's ridiculous drive for independence, which would be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. I'm guessing this is the same for most Scots who find themselves politically bereft, with no idea which group of greedy self serving tossers to support. But lets not let that truth get in the way of more inflammatory media drivel.

Like they say, a broken clock is right twice a day, and Dougie Ross might have stumbled on something right enough.

‘Loathed’ Boris Johnson main reason for swing to Yes as new poll continues trend of support for independence​

REJOICE Scotland.

Scotland is leading the way to totalitarianism​

A bill brought forth by the SNP aims to police what citizens say at home​

BY ROD DREHER

The bill has been reported elsewhere but I thought this article in UnHerd was worth a read.

Scotland is leading the way to totalitarianism - UnHerd

Mr Benda and Mrs Bendova ?

"When I was in the former Soviet bloc interviewing ex-dissidents about how we in the West should prepare to resist, Kamila Bendova, who worked with her late husband Vaclav Benda in the Charter 77 leadership, strongly warned against surrendering privacy, especially inside one’s home."

Phil MacCavity will be arriving soon.

Last edited:
No one wanting to comment on this one?

On Radio Shortbread this morning, when asked by the "news" reader if they were saying witnesses who claimed he had acted in this way were liars, the guest simply said "yes". Now this article says that witnesses did not corroborate the claim at all.

The investigation was reported to have been widened in February this year, then in July his accuser lambasted the investigators as shambolic saying it was disgusting he had been waiting 16 months for an resolution.

Hope he is satisfied with finally getting one.
One of the disturbing aspects about this is, according to reports, the mocking campaign conducted against Mr Thomson in his constituency - mocking posters, gestures and social media, reminiscent of the campaign conducted against Charlie Kennedy.

One of the disturbing aspects about this is, according to reports, the mocking campaign conducted against Mr Thomson in his constituency - mocking posters, gestures and social media, reminiscent of the campaign conducted against Charlie Kennedy.

Almost as if there is a Template !!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Or orchestrated by a similar group

Although in this instance the instigator was Labour.

However subsequent abuse is of a familiar nature.

Dredd

LE
Although in this instance the instigator was Labour.

However subsequent abuse is of a familiar nature.

There was a previous "incident" which came to nothing when the accuser dropped the allegation.

Who happened to be an SNP activist, who was not a witness but reported on behalf of others.

But his ex-partner was quick to jump on it as well, saying they were brave to report him.

Beginning to wonder if the smoke is really fuel-less. It's either that or he is really good at winding people up.

Anyone else thinking that Queen Nicola has been surprisingly quiet today! - normally she cannot wait to gazzump any westminster COVID dictates but today she hasn't so either she has been cut out of the loop )not before time!) or I highly suspect she is waiting to announce the opposite of whatever BoJo says just to sow as much division and confusion as she can possibly create as a smoke screen to all her many SNP troubles

Anyone else thinking that Queen Nicola has been surprisingly quiet today! - normally she cannot wait to gazzump any westminster COVID dictates but today she hasn't so either she has been cut out of the loop )not before time!) or I highly suspect she is waiting to announce the opposite of whatever BoJo says just to sow as much division and confusion as she can possibly create as a smoke screen to all her many SNP troubles
This post has to be the very definition of desperation in the grrr stakes. You need to up your game, she’s running rings round you.

SNPeeee are now sort of painted into a corner of their own making
West minster opens a 3 tier system , Snips open a 5 tier system

she wants it all different from the hated England, now England is going back into lockdown , and the furlough is being extended (in England)

now waiting for all the tears of grief because those " English bastarts ur gettin furloughed an we're nut, it jist nae fair Bastart Boris grrrr!!!"

going to be fun watching Billy Bagpipes in parliament weeping about Scotland not getting the money for furlough , even though we aren't actually going into furlough

pass the popcorn

Silksheen

Swinger
The fact that every other political party in the country are a bunch of useless arrses, certainly wont make me change my support to the SNP and it's ridiculous drive for independence, which would be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. I'm guessing this is the same for most Scots who find themselves politically bereft, with no idea which group of greedy self serving tossers to support. But lets not let that truth get in the way of more inflammatory media drivel.

I'm going to be voting for an independent candidate in any and all future elections. I feel that it is important to vote and this is the only way the electorate in Scotland can get the message across that people are fed up to the back teeth of the current breed of political flotsam that we have to endure.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Speaking as someone in a tier one location, am quite happy with the current situation!

Although everywhere is going into deeper lockdown, school PE is to restart this week!

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And on a different note, it appears that living in an area for over 10 years gets you a visit from the neep fairy!

There were 3 left for us the other week and 2 yesterday

1604238435744.png

The joys of country living!