Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Ohh, I thought it was the ability to go through the alphabet:p
Most VMs learn the phonetic alphabet purely for things like G for Gin (I know, but it is REME), W for Whiskey etc. Recy Mechs have no idea what the alphabet is or think it's one of those new fangled on-line betting shops. Armourers don't get any further than D is for Dark Dwelling. Techs think the alphabet is beneath them and REME officers think it's something the VMs can do along with their job, guard duty, fatigues, radio stags etc.

Try mouthing Lillibullero, it'll give your tongue a good workout :)

Dredd

LE
From the news tonight I see that muppet is still busy trying to push through his hate crime legislation with amendments citing his need to deal with the likes of right wing groups because of course there isn’t enough current legislation to deal with that.

Typical of the SNP once they have an idea they will just not accept no as an answer.

Never mind the right wing groups, if it can deal with the hate-filled prejudiced left wing then maybe it will be a boon for all.

What's that? It is only intended to be aimed and used against one part of a demographic? How can that possibly be? Oh, "right" . . .

Dredd

LE
Apropos of absolutely nothing:

Nice to see the Covid distancing warning at the end of the article! :)

Now where is this Dalry Swim Centre then?

So I can, you know, make sure to avoid it. Specifically. Should I be headed that way. Which I wasn't. But you never know. . . . emergencies and stuff.

What vexes me is this really is an internal spat for the SNP, but instead of being paid by Party funds we, the taxpayer, are lumped with the huge bills.

That will be because the SNP is totally skint

The SNP recorded a deficit last year of around £320,000, according to official accounts lodged with the Electoral Commission.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Now where is this Dalry Swim Centre then?

So I can, you know, make sure to avoid it. Specifically. Should I be headed that way. Which I wasn't. But you never know. . . . emergencies and stuff.
Aye, right!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The report on COVID deaths in Scotland’s has misreported. According to Lib Dem’s and assorted other O2 thieves.

How dare a report white wash the facts?

Dredd

LE
That will be because the SNP is totally skint

Is that not because one of their cash cows, a lottery winner, has died?

Plus, a lot of people were probably funding their clown-faced Chieftain who is no longer holding the reins (but still possibly the whip), Sh*gger Salmond, so all that money is now diverted to crowdfunding his legal cases against the hand that once fed him.

And, well, even with a lot of poor and uneducated followers, a couple of bawbies each is no' gonnae keep them in the manner to which they have been getting accustomed.

If only they hadn't gone on a crusade against the much smaller but significantly higher value voter . . .

Aw naw, mah breeks have got wet fae a' rae laughin'.

,,,,, a couple of bawbies each is no' gonnae keep them in the manner to which they have been getting accustomed.
I am sure you meant bawbees. A couple of bawbies sic (boaby's surely?) in the Salmond context seems somewhat inappropriate.

The report on COVID deaths in Scotland’s has misreported. According to Lib Dem’s and assorted other O2 thieves.

I am guessing the words that followed were one of the following

I knew nothing about it.
Lessons will be learned.
It was Westminsters fault

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Is that not because one of their cash cows, a lottery winner, has died?

Plus, a lot of people were probably funding their clown-faced Chieftain who is no longer holding the reins (but still possibly the whip), Sh*gger Salmond, so all that money is now diverted to crowdfunding his legal cases against the hand that once fed him.

And, well, even with a lot of poor and uneducated followers, a couple of bawbies each is no' gonnae keep them in the manner to which they have been getting accustomed.

If only they hadn't gone on a crusade against the much smaller but significantly higher value voter . . .

Aw naw, mah breeks have got wet fae a' rae laughin'.
Maybe they will open up membership to all and sundry for the price of a mere £3. Worked well for Momentum, sorry, Labour.

so happy to see queen nicola finally starting to be held to account in todays Daily Express :) the shine has definitely started to rub off her in the medias eyes and she is coming under attack from all sides - bloody fantastic! couldn't happen to a more evil, useless, incompetent, divisive, hate filled witch!!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
so happy to see queen nicola finally starting to be held to account in todays Daily Express :) the shine has definitely started to rub off her in the medias eyes and she is coming under attack from all sides - bloody fantastic! couldn't happen to a more evil, useless, incompetent, divisive, hate filled witch!!
The DE have been just about the only media outlet that asked pointed questions at the Daily Party Political Broadcast. Well dodged in the main though and regardless of one's PoV, St Nic (pbuh) has performed brilliantly at the podium.

Politics.
That is all.
Funny how they all forget we are their employers, and as such ( partly) through direct & indirect tax revenues pay their salaries.
Not to mention the fact the collective intellect of Joe Public is way over their own collective wits...and we have long memories.

Snowy.

Old-Salt

Hate crime bill: Hate talk in homes ‘must be prosecuted’​

Conversations over the dinner table that incite hatred must be prosecuted under Scotland’s hate crime law, the justice secretary has said.

Serisouly... In the home?.....

Hate crime bill: Hate talk in homes ‘must be prosecuted’​

Conversations over the dinner table that incite hatred must be prosecuted under Scotland’s hate crime law, the justice secretary has said.

Serisouly... In the home?.....
Inked1984-film-805306_LI.jpg

Latest Threads