Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

I've never seen any overseas forex accept Scots money. Anyone seen different?
Never, reason being they have no photographic examples to compare it against. Could be monopoly money as far as foreigners are concerned.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Local hotel got in kegs just before the latest shut down was announced.
They close for the season next weekend.

I would therefore like to thank the FM for the takeaway pints at £1.50 a time.
20201025_155650.jpg

mrboo

War Hero
I heard a story of a scots guy trying to exchange Scottish notes in Las Vegas. The story goes they ask an English man waiting to exchange money if he had ever heard of Scotland .No mate never heard of the place was the answer. True or not i don't know but it makes me laugh

Seadog

ADC
Fort Lauderdale airport exchange turned that rare Scottish beast, Clydesdale Bank notes into US dollars for me. They had a reference book with most valid world currencies, no drama but the cashier did ask if I knew Hamish.

mrboo

War Hero
Local hotel got in kegs just before the latest shut down was announced.
They close for the season next weekend.

I would therefore like to thank the FM for the takeaway pints at £1.50 a time.View attachment 514963
To much information in that picture Fang . I know that view i used to deliver to the joiner who lives next door to you or did i have not seen him since his run in with inland revenue ......
It's ok your info is safe with me

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
To much information in that picture Fang . I know that view i used to deliver to the joiner who lives next door to you or did i have not seen him since his run in with inland revenue ......
It's ok your info is safe with me

His wife took the rap for the offences and went to gaol.
I believe that there was some sort of compulsory sale to raise the funds to pay the outstanding amounts.

As one comment says

"Where has all the money gone?" Is a recurring question where the SNP's are involved

Yet another waste of taxpayers money to save a few votes in an SNP heartland. Why do they insist on propping up failing businesses at our expense whilst continuing to claim they don’t have enough fiscal powers...... thank **** they don’t have any more!!!

Boris Johnson introduces a 3 tier Covid system and it's called ‘chaotic and unworkable’. Nicola Sturgeon has 5 tiers and she's the saviour of the free world according to her loyal season ticket holders :roll:

“The more numerous the rules, the more corrupt the state”. Tacitus

Phew....I was concerned but now they have their top team on it....