Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

What utter belters. Next it'll be St Nicholas to be replaced by Saint Nichola. No beard and an empty sack.
1603554157906.png

Everywhere else would be filled :eek:

Allegedly ;-)

IIRC there was some mention of a rating of A in 2014

ETA link

But, 3 years later it would be classed as ..............................drum roll

And still the BBC are running stories like this
Is Scotland moving towards independence?

This Youtube video "Scottish Money Problem: why the UK has £100 Million Bills"
discusses the issues of Scottish banks, Sir Walter Scott, banknotes and legal tender. It also seems to say (about 5 minutes in) that Scottish banks have to deposit one pound with the Bank of England for every pound they produce (print?). I'm not sure if I understand that correctly. Does that mean that a free and independent Scottish government could nationalise the banks and take the cash out of the B of E?

discusses the issues of Scottish banks, Sir Walter Scott, banknotes and legal tender. It also seems to say (about 5 minutes in) that Scottish banks have to deposit one pound with the Bank of England for every pound they produce (print?). I'm not sure if I understand that correctly. Does that mean that a free and independent Scottish government could nationalise the banks and take the cash out of the B of E?

In essence that is correct, Scottish banks must deposit the same amount of Sterling to the BoE in order to issue their own notes. If they want their money back they must reduce their issue of Scottish notes correspondingly. If they wanted all their money back they could only issue BoE Sterling.

As I understand it if a free and independent Scottish Government tried to pull a fast one and denominate Scottish notes as legal tender, the BoE would retain its deposits and say off you pop chaps, Sterling and the New Scottish Groat are no longer interlinked currencies and are free to float on currency exchanges...

JB

The SNP are not only killing off Halloween and bonfire night, they also have Christmas in their sights too. However, I don’t think for a minute they’re going to stop families seeing each other at Xmas This is all a ruse so that the week before she will make an announcement that we can meet so then all her supporters will be praising her up for ‘saving Xmas ‘ and then after NY she will impose another lockdown.

Oh, and she’s also allowing All Under One Banner in Dundee to have a separation rally whilst our kids can’t go out guising for Halloween (her orders) -ON THE SAME DAY.

I hope ARRSErs in England remembered to retard clocks 1 hour at 0200. Here in Scotland, we put our clocks back 60 minutes.

You mean wee Nippy ordered the clocks to go back the same as in England, not even going back 61 minutes just to have a different policy?

You mean wee Nippy ordered the clocks to go back the same as in England, not even going back 61 minutes just to have a different policy?

No silly, you misunderstand, clocks in that there England go back by one hour. Here in Scotlandshire Queen Nipola (PBUH) has ordained that the clocks will not go back by one hour like the English. Here we will turn out clocks back by Sixty Sgoatish Minutes.

Different see....

JB

Seadog

ADC
FFS, I don't think that a joke has ever been butchered and generally fcuked about while adding nothing to the original as my 55091.

SMT= Scottish Mean Time.

The SNP are not only killing off Halloween and bonfire night, they also have Christmas in their sights too. However, I don’t think for a minute they’re going to stop families seeing each other at Xmas This is all a ruse so that the week before she will make an announcement that we can meet so then all her supporters will be praising her up for ‘saving Xmas ‘ and then after NY she will impose another lockdown.

Oh, and she’s also allowing All Under One Banner in Dundee to have a separation rally whilst our kids can’t go out guising for Halloween (her orders) -ON THE SAME DAY.
To be fair, I’ve been expecting politicians across all of the Uk to cynically announce that we can have Xmas. Gee, thanks squire, how magnanimous. :roll:

Latest Threads