Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Just had to have a temp filling because one of my teeth decided to do an impression of the walls of Jericho. Dentist great, took only a couple of mins but overheard a conversation while waiting between the receptionist and a client needing a filling. Turns out the dentists can't do NHS fillings until Nov 1st but can do private ones now and they tag on an extra amount for the PPE.

Question for Fang I suppose so would this be correct and if so why can they do private work but not NHS? I take it the PPE used isn't reclaimable so rather than absorbing the cost they're billing customers for it.

@Fang_Farrier was kind enough to provide a detailed answer to me recently on this thread at:

un surprised, not a mention of BiFab getting fecked off after asking for Scottish government help with funding
and the answer, they can not give aid because they are not allowed to

Not allowed to help ,why not?, I hear you ask, well , by the EU of course .

and these nuggets still think we will all be better off away from the UK, and want to hang their schoolbags on the EU peg,

But it will all work out in the end , I saw on the front page of "the National yesterday" ( no I don't buy the ******* shite, I was in a supermarket and walked past the newspapers) some MEP or other from Ireland had told the nuggets there would be no problems getting straight into the EU and it was another Tory lie disproved etc yadeeyaddeyah!

And people still wonder why I shout at clouds ..... "Nurse!!!!!! I've wet my pants again!"

But it will all work out in the end , I saw on the front page of "the National yesterday" ( no I don't buy the ******* shite, I was in a supermarket and walked past the newspapers) some MEP or other from Ireland had told the nuggets there would be no problems getting straight into the EU and it was another Tory lie disproved etc yadeeyaddeyah!
I actively walk past the paper rack in the village shop, just to get my morning laugh from reading the latest headline on the national. Surely the people that write that dross must be amazed that anyone is stupid enough to believe it? I'd believe the Daily Sport before anything written in that bog roll.

Christmas to be cancelled? The vitriol of the comments is refreshingly critical of St Nicola. One can only hope that it is indicative of the tide turning against the SNP.
Unfortunately it isn't. These SNP turkeys ARE voting for Xmas,

Bahahahaha! She's an utter mentalist! I'm lapping up these headbanging "rules", all it's doing is turning her support against her. Keep going Nippy ye loon!

And wee Nippy, alluding to guising says she hopes this is a once in a lifetime thing. As her once in a generation utterances have come back as just a few months, perhaps the kiddies won't be hanging onto her words for long. :cool:

Big deal. Not.
It's as if we all enjoy getting knocked up by the feral, rude pesky little shytes wanting cash & stuff for doing sweet Fanny Adams at 8pm is it?
Good riddance.
Be honest guys FFS.
Personally I look forward to torrential freezing stair-rod rain on the 31st Oct.:)
Thousands of households will likely be breathing as big as sigh of relief just as much, plus another bit of excellent news that Xmas house-hopping might be buggered as well which again will suit as many as not.
How many of us would really relish a stay-home day without a horde of greedy fair weather rellos & barstewards emptying the drinks cabinet & kitchen?
Exactly....

Last edited:
Bahahahaha! She's an utter mentalist! I'm lapping up these headbanging "rules", all it's doing is turning her support against her. Keep going Nippy ye loon!

Sorted

1603386700991.png

HCL

Old-Salt
yep here we go 2x smoke alarms 1 x heat alarm , radio linked £199 inc vat City Electrical factors,

got mine on order , I already have a linked system , but need a new flame detector in the kitchen It will cost £200 just to get the flame detector wired in , so just going for the wireless system , with 10 year life lipo batteries, fit and forget, luckily the boiler is in the garage and had a new CO detector fitted when we renewed it 2 years ago

£200!
For people laid off, singles get £409 per month and couples £594.

What a bunch of #@*%s!

HCL

Old-Salt
I appreciate that but you miss the point of my tongue in cheek post. It matters little who does what and where, SNP pov will be "Look, we don't need England" while ignoring all that flows, both ways, in the normal day to day life.

Aye! Its one island, after all only a middling one at that.

Big deal. Not.
It's as if we all enjoy getting knocked up by the feral, rude pesky little shytes wanting cash & stuff for doing sweet Fanny Adams at 8pm is it?
Good riddance.
Be honest guys FFS.
Personally I look forward to torrential freezing stair-rod rain on the 31st Oct.:)
Thousands of households will likely be breathing as big as sigh of relief just as much, plus another bit of excellent news that Xmas house-hopping might be buggered as well which again will suit as many as not.
How many of us would really relish a stay-home day without a horde of greedy fair weather rellos & barstewards emptying the drinks cabinet & kitchen?
Exactly....
all-mine-scrooge-mcduck-heres-a-hint-mc-duck-aint-jewish-51980838.png

Christmas to be cancelled? The vitriol of the comments is refreshingly critical of St Nicola. One can only hope that it is indicative of the tide turning against the SNP.

It would be funny if it weren't for the tragic fact that there is no credible opposition for the majority to flip flop to next May.

Look at Labour Wales, is that really the degree of micro governance we would experience here as well with Scottish Labour?

As some have stated already, emergency powers should have been invoked, power from the devolved 'governments' retracted to allow for a national effort and quietly not returned once covid becomes old news.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It would be funny if it weren't for the tragic fact that there is no credible opposition for the majority to flip flop to next May.

Look at Labour Wales, is that really the degree of micro governance we would experience here as well with Scottish Labour?

As some have stated already, emergency powers should have been invoked, power from the devolved 'governments' retracted to allow for a national effort and quietly not returned once covid becomes old news.
Yerrrsss, I can just see St Nicola (pbuh) agreeing to hand over power to the hated Westminster. Fatty Blackie would be having fits at PMQs if that had been tried.

You may take our Covid-19, but you will never take our DEVOLUTION!