Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That is because they are doing the secret knock on the back door of the pub in certain areas.

No shortage of campervans and caravans heading up the A9 at present but no idea where they have come from.

Dredd

LE
Initial combat indicator would be if it doesn't have this on the number plate:

scotty.jpg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No shortage of campervans and caravans heading up the A9 at present but no idea where they have come from.
BBC breakfast show this morning discussed the use by the police of vehicle registration plates to detect incomers.

Dredd

LE
I don't have and never have had, that on my number plate.

Aye, but you are one of those disease addled furriners fae doon sooth.

Mind you, good hielan' laddie like I am, I don't have it either. Or anything like it. Nice and plain - as it should be.

BBC breakfast show this morning discussed the use by the police of vehicle registration plates to detect incomers.
In todays world of car supermarkets and online sales, the reg is no indicator of where the owner lives or works. My last but one car was bought in Glasgow and registered in Nottingham.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The police have access to the address of the registered keeper.

Or at least the firm renting out the vehicle.

There are multiple campervan hire companies doing very well of the current staycation phenomenon.

In todays world of car supermarkets and online sales, the reg is no indicator of where the owner lives or works. My last but one car was bought in Glasgow and registered in Nottingham.
Not just. I bought mine from VW main dealer in Edinburgh as a 6 month-old, off-lease - it has a West Midlands registration, the radio stations saved were all Midlands stations - mostly asian.

Not just. I bought mine from VW main dealer in Edinburgh as a 6 month-old, off-lease - it has a West Midlands registration, the radio stations saved were all Midlands stations - mostly asian.
Have you checked the boot?

Have you checked the boot?
The worst thing about it is that there is an identical car in the town (5000 souls) with the next in sequence registration. People keep telling me they've seen me at odd places, and I really hope the guy isn't a murderer or I could have some explaining to do.

Last edited:
Why? No sensible Scot will ever vote for indy. They vote SNP to get extra cash out of Westminster. However, in times such as these, there wont extra cash for much longer and English voters will growl at their MPs if the devolved countries get any more than the current settlements.
Did you read it?

Are you saying A-Y isn't a sensible Scot? :boogie:

What are they going to do about 10s of thousands of old firm supporters travelling to pubs to watch the game tomorrow?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What are they going to do about 10s of thousands of old firm supporters travelling to pubs to watch the game tomorrow?

If it was Aberdeen, they'd shut everything, impose travel restrictions etc
But as it's Glasgow, they'll just say "gonnae no dae that"

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They can't upset their core support

There was a serious suggestion that it might be safer to allow fans into the stadium under controlled conditions as it had worked for Edinburgh Glasgow rugby

Latest Threads