Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Nope - doubt either could control the two camps within the party.
True. Much as I’d like to see Blackford crash and burn whilst driving the party into the ground I still want a reasonably effective government. Did you hear his bloviating this morning? Man’s an utter spanner.

Mick9abf

War Hero
True. Much as I’d like to see Blackford crash and burn whilst driving the party into the ground I still want a reasonably effective government. Did you hear his bloviating this morning? Man’s an utter spanner.
I didn’t however if it was in his usual manner I would be very unimpressed, a wholly odious individual.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Fatty has to please one person, and one person alone. St Nic (pbuh), his constituents not indeed the people of Scotland he so often mentions, have no look in. He is a Grade One chopper.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I didn’t however if it was in his usual manner I would be very unimpressed, a wholly odious individual.
He had a rant about Boris’ inability to contain the pandemic. He was then asked if English tourists are welcome in Scotland.

He wants English tourists but he doesn’t want people from England to visit.

It was painful.

Here's what Mr Curtice has to say.

You don't have to agree with him but, if you're a Unionist you should pay attention.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He had a rant about Boris’ inability to contain the pandemic. He was then asked if English tourists are welcome in Scotland.

He wants English tourists but he doesn’t want people from England to visit.

It was painful.

Biggest loss of tourists at the moment are those from the central belt advised not to travel

Speaking to a hotelier in Orkney, they had lost over £10,000 in cancelled from there for this week alone

Dredd

LE
Well, her keeping to run a Party Political Broadcast on a daily basis will have a lot to do with it.

Shameful exploitation of a supposed plague. Coupled with an almost supine media.

As many of us on here know, if they ever do get to piss the Union away, it will be too late to realise it was a mistake as it will be irrecoverable.

You don't know what you have until it is gone . . .

HCL

Old-Salt
Here's what Mr Curtice has to say.

You don't have to agree with him but, if you're a Unionist you should pay attention.

Why? No sensible Scot will ever vote for indy. They vote SNP to get extra cash out of Westminster. However, in times such as these, there wont extra cash for much longer and English voters will growl at their MPs if the devolved countries get any more than the current settlements.

Biggest loss of tourists at the moment are those from the central belt advised not to travel

Speaking to a hotelier in Orkney, they had lost over £10,000 in cancelled from there for this week alone
That is because they are doing the secret knock on the back door of the pub in certain areas.

FFS!!!
In a statement on their investigation, the Met said detectives investigated the politician's account of her journey.It continued: "Officers considered possible offences including those under Reg 11(2) of the Health Protection Regulations 2020 which relates to self-isolation requirement.

"However, on detailed examination of this new legislation, and following legal advice, it was concluded that this regulation is applicable only after the 28th September 2020.

"In this case the test occurred prior to the 29th September 2020 and therefore the regulation does not apply."

The force said it is taking no further action but has referred the matter to Police Scotland for consideration.

Teg61

Old-Salt
11A05D48-8843-40B4-BDCE-9301C1DB2419.jpeg

Latest Threads