Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Mick9abf

War Hero
Getting serious

Hard drives being wiped, shredders smoking hot, people being paid to shut up ( This may be an overstatement )

Who will take the fall ? Wee Nippy or her excuse for a husband ?

The smell of fear within the SNP hierarchy is palpable....... or it will be till the ‘cleansing’ actions are complete.

Quite why even the most ardent SNP supporters can’t smell a rat is beyond comprehension.

It shows what a bunch of brainwashed muppets they are, it is reminiscent of the tactics used by the party which convinced the so many Germans in the 1930’s.

Away with yourself man, with some of the risque comments on here? Never mind risque some posters stick genuinely racist stuff up all the time and then you get mods dishing out week long bans for using a swear word? I'd use a phrase beginning with p and ending sh but wouldn't want to offend anyone

posh? is that a sweary word nowadays?

posh? is that a sweary word nowadays?

Have you seen Labour's Deputy Leader and Chair of the Labour Party lately?

It's a dirty word to the woke weaponised against anyone not XLW

FHA

LE
Quelle surprise........ I see that Humza Yousless is not only putting his wife forward for an MSP position, but his cousin as well?!

When asked why he wanted to be an MSP the cousin told a newspaper reporter "I'm not really sure, it just kind of happened"!?!?

Get those noses in the trough..... who cares about your rational for wanting the job.

Now, if only someone would come up with some “Hate Crime” type legislation that puts a certain religious demographic beyond criticism.
Job jobbed.....oh hang on.

Sent from my iPhone

Polyester

War Hero
Now, if only someone would come up with some “Hate Crime” type legislation that puts a certain religious demographic beyond criticism.
Job jobbed.....oh hang on.

Sent from my iPhone

I have it on good authority that he is having a hard time of it with appointed advisors from the faculty of advocates.

He has made the classic error of mixing up ambition with ability.

Mick9abf

War Hero
I have it on good authority that he is having a hard time of it with appointed advisors from the faculty of advocates.

He has made the classic error of mixing up ambition with ability.

Quite, but in typical SNP style he ploughed ahead.

The combat indicator that it was not a good legislative proposal (I’m being polite) came from Polis Scotland and the Faculty of Advocates when it was first mooted, but as is typical of the SG when they have the bit between their teeth and can smell blood in that it could help their case in some way it was full steam ahead. Let’s face it he didn’t do this all by himself.

The fact that, if passed, some of their more (and less) vocal members/supporters would be the first to fall foul of it appears to have passed them by.

Polyester

War Hero
Quite, but in typical SNP style he ploughed ahead.

The combat indicator that it was not a good legislative proposal (I’m being polite) came from Polis Scotland and the Faculty of Advocates when it was first mooted, but as is typical of the SG when they have the bit between their teeth and can smell blood in that it could help their case in some way it was full steam ahead. Let’s face it he didn’t do this all by himself.

The fact that, if passed, some of their more (and less) vocal members/supporters would be the first to fall foul of it appears to have passed them by.
A valid point.

Besides if the SNP really cared about independence, they would be demanding England have a vote on Scottish independence as it's the only way they can guarantee victory
The EU would put enormous pressure on Sturgeon not to allow the English to vote on Scottish independence as it will cost them an absolute fortune to create and staff a border between England & Scotland, the Brexit WA arguments indicate as much.

The EU would put enormous pressure on Sturgeon not to allow the English to vote on Scottish independence as it will cost them an absolute fortune to create and staff a border between England & Scotland, the Brexit WA arguments indicate as much.

Also they wouldn't want the risk of Scotland applying to join the EU, the EU couldn't afford it

Why, like most countries we would be forced to be net contributors, which we couldn't afford

Because initially I expect you wouldn't be net contributors, they'd wait until you had joined the Euro before turning the thumbscrews that much

After all join the Euro and it's a lot harder to leave the EU

Dredd

LE
If Nic thought she would save herself by blaming hubby then off to the gallows he will go! IMHO.

And in the subsequent divorce proceedings, Mrs Murrell would have the comfort of the French lessons to fall back on.

Allegedly.

Getting serious

Hard drives being wiped, shredders smoking hot, people being paid to shut up ( This may be an overstatement )

Who will take the fall ? Wee Nippy or her excuse for a husband ?

If you believe the various rumours being peddled they are far from a happy couple. if Either is thrown under the Bus to save ze party the marriage and Murrel/sturgeon presidency will end.

I do expect a play for time something along the lines as Covid is our Priority we will look at this in due course Etc.

If you believe the various rumours being peddled they are far from a happy couple. if Either is thrown under the Bus to save ze party the marriage and Murrel/sturgeon presidency will end.

I do expect a play for time something along the lines as Covid is our Priority we will look at this in due course Etc.

I have been hearing the same thing from someone who is well connected with senior members in the party

Latest Threads