Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

giatttt

Old-Salt
But an Indian accent is easier to understand
Idioms are the important bit:
Q: So if I load that software, reconfigure everything, and reboot my computer will be fixed?
Indian operative: Yes
Scottish operative: Naw, yer fecked - take it down to cash converters and drown yer sorrows with some buckie.

Anymore trying to bypass the swearing filter in C&A and they are either reported or spotted by a mod will result in action being taken.

For those who have forgotten or failed to read dem dare rules do a quick refresh.

Maybe you want to issue the warning prior to swinging that ban hammer about in future.

Q: So if I load that software, reconfigure everything, and reboot my computer will be fixed?
Scottish operative: Naw, yer fecked - take it down to cash converters and drown yer sorrows with some buckie.

So you've got the Indian cultural trait of telling you what you want to hear, and the Scottish one of sounding like some strange alien is trying to use English but failing very badly

Remember Rab C Nesbitt needing subtitles for an American audience?

Dredd

LE
But an Indian accent is easier to understand

Oh you.jpg

Right, how come we get to throw about jokey comments about nazi/racist left right and centre but I get banned for saying a sweary word?

No, I'm not bitter and no I've not been drinking (both lies, well, more raging than bitter).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
An honest response, what more could one ask for? :)

Right, how come we get to throw about jokey comments about nazi/racist left right and centre but I get banned for saying a sweary word?

No, I'm not bitter and no I've not been drinking (both lies, well, more raging than bitter).

It was mentioned a while back circumventing the no swearing rule would lead to a smiting

It was mentioned a while back circumventing the no swearing rule would lead to a smiting
Away with yourself man, with some of the risque comments on here? Never mind risque some posters stick genuinely racist stuff up all the time and then you get mods dishing out week long bans for using a swear word? I'd use a phrase beginning with p and ending sh but wouldn't want to offend anyone

Last edited:
Whichever ones that particular mod takes umbridge with. The one I used appears on this forum plenty of times every day.

Care to show a post and highlight the offending word for educational purposes only.

Merely curious, as I have no wish to be smitten and would appreciate any pointers/pitfalls etc...

JB

Dunno, messaged to mod to ask that and to tell them they were heavy handed, no reply as of yet. Had a look at my posts around that time and the only thing I can see was an acronym of a four letter word for the female anatomy in a thread unrelated to this. Not even the actual word....

Some mods really are......I better not say it.

Away with yourself man, with some of the risque comments on here? Never mind risque some posters stick genuinely racist stuff up all the time and then you get mods dishing out week long bans for using a swear word? I'd use a phrase beginning with p and ending sh but wouldn't want to offend anyone

posh?

Getting serious

An inquiry into the unlawful handling of complaints against Alex Salmond is going to court to obtain documents being withheld by SNP ministers.

It voiced its frustration this week at the “obstruction” that has been faced in obtaining key papers. It has emerged at previous public hearings that documents relevant to the parliamentary inquiry have not been given to MSPs.

Hard drives being wiped, shredders smoking hot, people being paid to shut up ( This may be an overstatement )

Who will take the fall ? Wee Nippy or her excuse for a husband ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Getting serious

Hard drives being wiped, shredders smoking hot, people being paid to shut up ( This may be an overstatement )

Who will take the fall ? Wee Nippy or her excuse for a husband ?
What a silly question!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
:D :D :D

Not really, the husband is on record as saying he played no part in the investigation regarding Salmond.

He was either lying or he has put wee Nippy in a precarious position.

Both could also be applicable :):)
If Nic thought she would save herself by blaming hubby then off to the gallows he will go! IMHO.

If Nic thought she would save herself by blaming hubby then off to the gallows he will go! IMHO.

Ohhhh, of that I have no doubt.

That has been taken out of her hands and the answers, no doubt, lie in the documents that they are refusing to hand over.

Latest Threads