Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Why the cloak and dagger, just tell all?
No need. The rules for joining the EU are there for everyone to read. The fact that the SNP are burying their collective head in the sand as regards to anything to do with currency and the economy, tells you everything. They would be at the back of the queue and would be obliged to give up fishing and an independent currency for starters.

No need. The rules for joining the EU are there for everyone to read. The fact that the SNP are burying their collective head in the sand as regards to anything to do with currency and the economy, tells you everything. They would be at the back of the queue and would be obliged to give up fishing and an independent currency for starters.

Sturgeon is lying through her teeth when she says that an independent Scotland will keep Sterling.

Dredd

LE
Kicked out the wee house for speaking the truth

A clever stunt by the MSP involved, as noted in the article.

The thing is, Swinney is probably right in saying why the legal advice should not be given out, but that was not the real thrust of the issue. It is this:

This prompted the Conservatives to highlight a statement Ms Sturgeon made to MSPs in January 2019, when she said "the inquiries will be able to request whatever material they want, and I undertake today that we will provide whatever material they request".

The silly woman has painted herself into a corner here and it would be nice to think that this was just basic naivety on her part but as they have been power for so long, it was a stupid thing for a seasoned politician to promise. But it fits right in with their White Knight image of themselves as portrayed to their drooling acolytes.

What wasn't mentioned was that Salmond has also been holding back, using the "show me yours and I'll show you mine" tactic. Odious little toad that he is, it demonstrates once again how he managed to hold onto the reigns for so long as he can continue to run rings round these third-rate jumped-up councilors.

Can't get near our GPs and a local petition has been started to get them sorted out. They were bad before Covid and have virtually disappeared now!
I have nothing but praise for my local surgery and our GP
Started at the start of lockdown ( If I am being honest it started many years ago). Me and wife out for our daily three miles of death, except as we near home , she grabs a lamp post and proceeds to empty her lunch /breakfast/ , last nights dinner all over the pavement . Severe stomach pains
Phone appointment with our doc, , looks like Gall stones, three days later she gets a phone call , can you come in for an ultrasound check she asks when , any time now if you can , so it's a drive to Dunfermline , and next day , a phone call from the doc , yes it is Gall stones , and pretty bad , I'll get you a consultation
three days later , she has a bloody miserable day, throwing up sweats fatigue , eventually gives in and phone as NHS, appointment with nurse practitioner, at Kirkcaldy , at 2 am in the crucial care unit (A&E is only for As and Es) gives her some strong sedative go back to bed , doc will call in morning
Doc calls at 11, appointment with the surgeon in 2 days ...she is getting it removed , she'll be called forward in about a month
We go camping in the motorhome , with son and his kids , he takes my car , we get pitched up, need you in for a pre op, now if possible , we were only 30 minutes away so no problem, kids and their dad were out on their bikes anyway so the car was there
told she is getting done in 3 weeks , 2 weeks self isolation , 2 days before the op a covid test, then the op
tonight , it's three weeks today since the op , she is fine , no gastric problems during our daily walks , and she has an open bottle of wine and two glasses on the coffee table, so she must be OK
Thing is , if a patient is in urgent need of treatment , it happens and it happens as it would have before the pandemic, you just don't have to sit for hours in A&E full of Mummies with kids with sniffles

Our NHS (even in Scotland) is wonderful , but we already know that