Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Economist says it will take a generation for Scotland to thrive post Indy.

If it is the same 'generation' time used by SNP between referendums we should be up and running very quickly!

That will be next year then :-D

Humza Yousef cousin I believe Joining his Wife and Personal aid in addition as MSP candidates Humza Creating a Family Based powerbase in Ze party by the looks of it

Another one who can't see beyond the cental belt. A candidate very unlikely to appeal north of the Dundee Stirling line. Of course, that just shows how unrepresentative the SNP is to those who do want independence with no alternative. C**ts the lot of them.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Can't get near our GPs and a local petition has been started to get them sorted out. They were bad before Covid and have virtually disappeared now!
Because the vast majority of GP's are seeing very few people, they are doing everything over the phone.

*Maybe not where you are but in central belt including mine and according to lots of friends.

A fair number of my staff are currently employed in "screening stations"

Basically standing guard at the door of health centres only allowing entry to those with appointments, making sure hands are gelled and masks worn.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A fair number of my staff are currently employed in "screening stations"

Basically standing guard at the door of health centres only allowing entry to those with appointments, making sure hands are gelled and masks worn.
Lucky, lucky bastards. Appointments! we just have to do with 1 aspirin and M&D, as issued by the chemists at the Co-op.

I read that as SNP has cured cancer :):):)

Surely they wouldn't want cancer to be cured, how else would they blame it on Westminster

I know it is only the daily express whose stories you need to take with a pinch of salt but, every day now I am seeing anti queen nicola stories and there does seem to be an undercurrent that people have finally seen through her facade of BS - being seen on a podium every day trying to kid on she has done everything right whilst there is a huge amount of evidence that not only did she get a lot wrong but the country is starting to fall to pieces with the SNP incompetence in every govt dept seems to have finally turned people’s stomachs - it gladdens my heart to see this but I am very sad that we ce had to wait this long for people/biased media to finally wake up!

I know it is only the daily express whose stories you need to take with a pinch of salt but, every day now I am seeing anti queen nicola stories and there does seem to be an undercurrent that people have finally seen through her facade of BS - being seen on a podium every day trying to kid on she has done everything right whilst there is a huge amount of evidence that not only did she get a lot wrong but the country is starting to fall to pieces with the SNP incompetence in every govt dept seems to have finally turned people’s stomachs - it gladdens my heart to see this but I am very sad that we ce had to wait this long for people/biased media to finally wake up!

Yes agreed but still a long way to go yet there will be many who are wiling to put fingers in ears and sing flower of Scotland regardless.

I think she/they are more than aware of that hence the Blinkered approach to covid restrictions Restricting travel closing pubs etc in Glasgow would cost them thousands of votes.

The cost of that will be a Scotland wide Lock Down in October as a result of her fingers crossed approach to Glasgow/west of Scotland's outbreak.

Yes agreed but still a long way to go yet there will be many who are wiling to put fingers in ears and sing flower of Scotland regardless.

I think she/they are more than aware of that hence the Blinkered approach to covid restrictions Restricting travel closing pubs etc in Glasgow would cost them thousands of votes.

The cost of that will be a Scotland wide Lock Down in October as a result of her fingers crossed approach to Glasgow/west of Scotland's outbreak.

I can think of a couple on here who fall into that category.

Anyone who mounts such a robust defence of any political weasel, of any hue, should be viewed with suspicion.

Mick9abf

War Hero

As the old saying goes “ye canna polish a turd”........

I wonder how many more millions of Scottish taxpayers money will be ploughed into Prestwick to save a relatively small number of jobs.......

I could be wrong but think St Nics maw was the mayor down there?

As the old saying goes “ye canna polish a turd”........

I wonder how many more millions of Scottish taxpayers money will be ploughed into Prestwick to save a relatively small number of jobs.......

I could be wrong but think St Nics maw was the mayor down there?

Provost of North Ayrshire council, where she was councillor for the Irvine East ward from 2007 until 2016.

Mick9abf

War Hero
Provost of North Ayrshire council, where she was councillor for the Irvine East ward from 2007 until 2016.

Quelle surprise........ I see that Humza Yousless is not only putting his wife forward for an MSP position, but his cousin as well?!

When asked why he wanted to be an MSP the cousin told a newspaper reporter "I'm not really sure, it just kind of happened"!?!?

Get those noses in the trough..... who cares about your rational for wanting the job.

www.bbc.co.uk

Covid student chaos: Paying £30k a year and begging security for food
One US student in self-isolation at an Edinburgh halls of residence says he is getting little help from the university.
www.bbc.co.uk

I thought all foreign students were exempt from paying tuition fees, apart from the English. :cool:

Latest Threads