Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

SNP stronger for China

1601199454107.png

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
FB_IMG_1601276016659.jpg

offog

LE
My little boy put me onto this.

Now that is the Chinese spin on the film.
The full length film is an hour and it will be time well spent. I'm certain it was on youtube but it is also on Netflix so hunt it down. There is no commentary or opinion from the film maker and I don't think Fuyao realise how they were portrayed. It clearly shows why Chinese companies can out bid Western ones. One worker was with GM and getting $29 an hour, now she gets $12.50. China is using Victorian working practices in China but without the dirt.

Fuyao has something like 70% of the auto glass contracts in the US.

Mick9abf

War Hero

Contingency planning taking place regarding the Scottish elections with an aim to take place on the date as planned.

Part of me wonders if this is now their main priority as delay will mean it could be after the various skeletons are released including the delayed report into education, better done while St Nic is still riding high on the back of her daily Covid party political broadcast.

Last edited:
Students who are struggling at university accommodation following a spate of Covid outbreaks have been told they can return home.

But Education Minister Richard Lochhead said he does not expect a "mass exodus" after updated guidance was published by the Scottish government.

The guidance also says students can visit parents if there is a "reasonable excuse" such as a family emergency.

But short stays without one are still deemed an "offence".

The guidelines were issued after a flood of complaints from students who felt they were trapped in university or college accommodation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-54318149

A friend was saying this morning that his grandson is/was at Dundee and apparently there are loads that have buggered off home already

In fairness I’d bugger off from that dump as soon as possible as well!!
Yep I stayed in the Dundee halls while working at the open. Once it became dark the street outside became a no go Zone with ongoing rammies in the street involving interesting characters who seemed to consume all sorts of Prescribed and non prescribed medicines.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Students who are struggling at university accommodation following a spate of Covid outbreaks have been told they can return home.

But Education Minister Richard Lochhead said he does not expect a "mass exodus" after updated guidance was published by the Scottish government.

The guidance also says students can visit parents if there is a "reasonable excuse" such as a family emergency.

The guidelines were issued after a flood of complaints from students who felt they were trapped in university or college accommodation.

A friend was saying this morning that his grandson is/was at Dundee and apparently there are loads that have buggered off home already

Current Covid scare in Orkney is student, went to Edinburgh university, returned for grand parent funeral and then back to Edinburgh where he tested positive.

offog

LE
With the students all buggering off home rather than staying put, I expect a large rise in the next few weeks
And with them all going on the piss the week before going to Uni then going on the piss when there, it is not surprising they have all got it.
Words that should not be used in the same sentence are students and common sense.
This is a perfect example for those numpties that were in London over the weekend but they are too thick to understand it.

Good governance is often at odds with keeping people sweet.

Isolate the students, alienate the voter base.

Look out Kate someone is after your job:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well he's certainly got me convinced with his sound knowledge of economics.
But I would go one better and cut out the middle man. Invest in a good printer and print your own money at home. Everyone would be instant millionaires, we could all give up work and buy a nice house on the West coast.
Vote for me!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor