Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

elovabloke

ADC
Anymore trying to bypass the swearing filter in C&A and they are either reported or spotted by a mod will result in action being taken.

For those who have forgotten or failed to read dem dare rules do a quick refresh.

Mick9abf

War Hero
When the dust settles and you look at it objectively I’d say that everyone talked the Swedes down over their chosen path but they appear to be over the worst of it.

An interesting article appeared in ‘The Spectator’ regarding this recently (written by a Swedish A+E doctor), which made me think personally that there is merit to this route.

Truth be told I reckon the U.K. gov would want to take that stance now but after the song and dance, including by them up till now, and the opposition making a song and dance to everything they do actually do, they can’t.

At some point we all need to take a deep breath, shelter the vulnerable etc but just get on with life, a vaccine isn’t guaranteed.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Saw this posted elsewhere

Can't go round to see my terminally ill mother at home, I can however take her for a bar lunch and sit and get skelped all day

Yes you can there is a specific exemption for those living alone.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
When the dust settles and you look at it objectively I’d say that everyone talked the Swedes down over their chosen path but they appear to be over the worst of it.

An interesting article appeared in ‘The Spectator’ regarding this recently (written by a Swedish A+E doctor), which made me think personally that there is merit to this route.

Truth be told I reckon the U.K. gov would want to take that stance now but after the song and dance, including by them up till now, and the opposition making a song and dance to everything they do actually do, they can’t.

At some point we all need to take a deep breath, shelter the vulnerable etc but just get on with life, a vaccine isn’t guaranteed.

Google Sweden Covid Care Homes for some interesting articles on the Swedish approach and who suffered most from it

Mick9abf

War Hero
Google Sweden Covid Care Homes for some interesting articles on the Swedish approach and who suffered most from it

47% of the fatalities (varying between what you read) was the figure given for care homes, accompanied by the lack of hospital admissions for that demographic in the various articles I have read. It should be noted that I also read an article which stated that this was not an unusual approach for sick residents within a care home setting even before Covid-19.

It’s awful and some deaths were no doubt avoidable knowing what we knew about how it spread but we also had high death rates here in care homes.

The fact is, where we are now - where do you draw the line, do you completely destroy the economy and bring with it the added long term negative effects (including on health) or do you take a breath and say “let’s protect the vulnerable as best we can but let’s get on with it”; and I say that as someone who has a parent about to go into a care home environment.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No I can't as my mum died 30 years ago, I was only posting what someone else wrote.

Mine was 29years ago and just correcting what someone else wrote! :)

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
So I can’t drive the 7 miles to see my granddaughters at their home but I could meet them round at the local pub. What a very strange world we live in?

Just had the same conversation with my mum and dad. Can't pop round to visit them in their flat in Helensburgh next week but we can go to The Ashton or The Royal Bar at 12 o'clock opening and get leathered at the same inside pub table for 10 hours. :D :confused::confused::confused:

Just had the same conversation with my mum and dad. Can't pop round to visit them in their flat in Helensburgh next week but we can go to The Ashton or The Royal Bar at 12 o'clock opening and get leathered at the same inside pub table for 10 hours. :D :confused::confused::confused:
You says this as though it was a bad thing?;)

So I can’t drive the 7 miles to see my granddaughters at their home but I could meet them round at the local pub. What a very strange world we live in?
SinLs and Binls anniversary today , couldn't go up and give her and him the card and present, oh well , just give them over at dinner in the restaurant this evening

As you say , strange times

this whole second wave situation is actually pretty simple, if BoJos advisors are correct then we should expect lots of deaths in 2 weeks after the incubation period and the public will support them - on the other hand if the advisors are wrong and there is no appreciable rise then the public will give up with them and those advisors need to be removed and new ones who are prepared to look at worldwide data and to take a fresh approach need to take over.

In any case, those making the decisions now eg Hancock/witty etc should be tour expired and replaced - even people doing their very best and making life and death decisions under that amount of pressure need to be rested and new people will bring fresh energy and insight.

Outwith politics the DNR policy in NHS Scotland casualty rooms is disturbing. To ask a ill patient prior to treatment smacks of murder plain and simple. I sincerely wish that whoever came up with this is accountable to the relevant oversight committee

Dredd

LE
Harsh.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
r
Outwith politics the DNR policy in NHS Scotland casualty rooms is disturbing. To ask a ill patient prior to treatment smacks of murder plain and simple. I sincerely wish that whoever came up with this is accountable to the relevant oversight committee

The DNR policy is quite clear in how it should be processed.

Covid has not changed it medico-legally.

Any changes in implementing it should be challenged.

Last edited:
Theoretically there is no control over

The DNR policy is quite clear in how it should be processed.

Covid has not changed it medico-legally.

Any changes in implementing it should be challenged.

I take your point on board

While of its time it is still pertinent today

"There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet."
Adm WF Halsey jnr

Latest Threads