Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

With the COBRA meeting coming up, she who must be obeyed will no doubt agree to what has been said and then go her own way as it wasn't Scottish enough :grin:

I'm confused again (it must be my age), but I thought Nicola Sturgeon was the one who called this Cobra meeting.
If so, she presumably will be setting the meeting agenda, so if we have a lockdown it must be her idea. Or have I got that wrong?

I'm confused again (it must be my age), but I thought Nicola Sturgeon was the one who called this Cobra meeting.
If so, she presumably will be setting the meeting agenda, so if we have a lockdown it must be her idea. Or have I got that wrong?

What ever the result she will claim it will be the fault of Westminster and/or the English

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

According to her, it's to try to reach a 4nation approach so that Scotland can then do it differently

You could always go across the border to England. You could be as rude as you like as nobody would be able to understand a word that you were saying anyway!

I had that problem at first when I lived there, thankfully I was able to dilute my jockanese to an extent that I could converse with the natives.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The Italian Mafia make you an offer you can't refuse, and the Glasgow Mafia make you an offer you can't understand.

My first posting was where there were A&SH.
The OC kindly let me treat them as he couldn't make out what they were saying.

homeworker

War Hero
In my unit we had a five foot Glaswegian (the most aggressive guy in the squadron) and trying to talk to him after a night shift was impossible, where he was tired his dialect went right back to the gorbals.

1600771332841.png

I did make a similar point at the time

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Boris to announce that pubs in England will close at 10pm, Nic to announce that pubs in Scotland to close at 9.59pm
Will there be a "lock-in"?

Latest Threads