Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

That is them told. once again

Well they certainly don't speak for me, I despise them and the army of zealots they've created.

Had a run in with one a few years back where I was explaining that English folk don't sit in their houses plotting how to screw over Scotland every waking moment of their lives, most are more interested in what's for dinner. I was told that if I loved the English so much I should fu*k off and live there (I did for a while, to a very nice part of the country and discovered my love for real ale and pork scratchings).

I really don't care what the BBC are doing in Scotland . . . but, why was "Kim Jong Sturgeon" still been broadcast on the BBC NEWS channel, at lunch time, earlier this week . . . in Lincolnshire, and therefore (presumably) the rest of England ?! :( .

No idea why it's being broadcast in England.

That said given the number of BBC channels available, and that rolling news largely repeats itself through the day anyway, there would seem to be little reason not to broadcast the Government's daily briefing on what is probably the defining event of the decade.

There's plenty of other options available for those who don't want to watch.

To be honest, I haven't watched a single one of her propaganda sessions so leave it on / take it off, makes no difference to me. Any pertinent information from it is later reported so I could miss out the "aren't we doing better than them" gubbins she spouts (how do I know she does that - well, that is reported later as well).

What it does do is prove, day after day, that she has NO OTHER PURPOSE than to script and perform like a trained seal.

And yet there are those who adore her, and lap up every golden word that drips from her perfectly formed rosey lips. Totally pathetic. But since it is awesome being Scots, we must have some character flaw to even it out a bit or the burden of brilliance would be too much for us.

There was a bit of a social media campaign last year around mothers day branding Sturgeon as "Scotland's Mammy". It was absolutely stomach turning, dripping sycophants everywhere.

Dredd

LE
No idea why it's being broadcast in England.

That said given the number of BBC channels available, and that rolling news largely repeats itself through the day anyway, there would seem to be little reason not to broadcast the Government's daily briefing on what is probably the defining event of the decade.

There's plenty of other options available for those who don't want to watch.

I suspect it may be because the Government doesn't do daily briefings per se any more, having other Government stuff to be getting on with now the initial WTAF crisis bit has passed and we are in the "management" phases now.

As we know, Wee Nippy doesn't have such distractions so can continue on as long as there is no vaccine / until we have all caught it. So, a while yet then.

And it conveniently obscures other things that they SHOULD be dealing with, but can't / won't. Hence why they are so desperate to make it look like we are still in the initial stage and not as if we have suffered seven months and counting of this to date.

Usual smoke and mirrors with grievance machine assistance - SOP for our separatist chums.

Polyester

War Hero
Well they certainly don't speak for me, I despise them and the army of zealots they've created.

Had a run in with one a few years back where I was explaining that English folk don't sit in their houses plotting how to screw over Scotland every waking moment of their lives, most are more interested in what's for dinner. I was told that if I loved the English so much I should fu*k off and live there (I did for a while, to a very nice part of the country and discovered my love for real ale and pork scratchings).
I really like English people too. And I don’t give a toss who knows it and hopefully, like you, I’ll not be told where to live by anybody. A good deal of my family are English and I’m sick of hearing honest, decent people being bad mouthed for no reason. The SNP may well be my current representatives in parliament but they don’t reflect my views and never will.

I really like English people too. And I don’t give a toss who knows it and hopefully, like you, I’ll not be told where to live by anybody. A good deal of my family are English and I’m sick of hearing honest, decent people being bad mouthed for no reason. The SNP may well be my current representatives in parliament but they don’t reflect my views and never will.

I liked one so much I married her. Somewhat unfortunately for me, my father is a hardcore SNP supporter, when he starts on one of his rants I like to gently remind him my wife is English and his grandson technically half English.

But serious point, the SNP like a lot of left wing parties these days are being allowed to dictate the rhetoric. If you're not for the SNP and Scottish independence then you're clearly not Scottish and should be cast out. The Independence referendum was one of the nastiest, most divisive campaigns I've lived through and the scars will be with us for a long time.

There was a bit of a social media campaign last year around mothers day branding Sturgeon as "Scotland's Mammy". It was absolutely stomach turning, dripping sycophants everywhere.

don’t forget the recent attempt to get us all clapping for sturgeon because some idiots thought she has been doing a good job! I’m not sure if anyone did go
Out and clap but not this call sign any of my neighbours or anyone I know so suspect most people think , like me, that she is a hate filled, divisive , evil , hippo croci pig of the highest order !

don’t forget the recent attempt to get us all clapping for sturgeon because some idiots thought she has been doing a good job! I’m not sure if anyone did go
Out and clap but not this call sign any of my neighbours or anyone I know so suspect most people think , like me, that she is a hate filled, divisive , evil , hippo croci pig of the highest order !
No-one round here did and this is a staunch SNP area.

HCL

Old-Salt
The Inner ongoing arguments inside Ze Party Seem to be taking up more police time

All that seems to separate her and her ilk from becoming like the ANC would the absence of flaming tyres around Unionists' necks. Still, maybes give it a wee bit of time, it's still early days for the regime yet.

Another "senior" Nat at it

Heard and seen many such comments and inference from grass roots and blood and soil Nats Before. Now its pretty clear the Hierarchy of the party hold the same views I wonder how much of this attitude coloured the decision making process over the care homes Tragedy?

Teg61

Old-Salt
I liked one so much I married her. Somewhat unfortunately for me, my father is a hardcore SNP supporter, when he starts on one of his rants I like to gently remind him my wife is English and his grandson technically half English.

But serious point, the SNP like a lot of left wing parties these days are being allowed to dictate the rhetoric. If you're not for the SNP and Scottish independence then you're clearly not Scottish and should be cast out. The Independence referendum was one of the nastiest, most divisive campaigns I've lived through and the scars will be with us for a long time.

I’m in the same boat, my wife is English, she can’t understand all the hatred that is aimed at the English. I have no time at all for the moronic halfwits that believe wee Jimmy Krankie is Wiliam Wallace reincarnated!

Wee Nippy is boiling everyones' piss as a smoke screen. She punches the desk, stamps on the soap box and shouts like a fishwife about independence, knowing full well the majority of decent Scots will vote for continuation of The Union. She's just pandering to the Broons and Parahandies simply because she can. If ever the miracle of Indy 2 happens she'd faint and feck off elsewhere in case she gets blamed for destroying Scotland. :cool:

Wee Nippy is boiling everyones' piss as a smoke screen. She punches the desk, stamps on the soap box and shouts like a fishwife about independence, knowing full well the majority of decent Scots will vote for continuation of The Union. She's just pandering to the Broons and Parahandies simply because she can. If ever the miracle of Indy 2 happens she'd faint and feck off elsewhere in case she gets blamed for destroying Scotland. :cool:

Yeah her third, or it is forth, home located in Portugal :grin:

I’m in the same boat, my wife is English, she can’t understand all the hatred that is aimed at the English. I have no time at all for the moronic halfwits that believe wee Jimmy Krankie is Wiliam Wallace reincarnated!

Like I said, most English folk don't give a fu*k about Scotland, the fact a lot of Scottish folk think they do says more about them than anythin else.

Latest Threads