Scottish Politics Thread

JuniorBod

War Hero
Don't you just hate it when you forget to write something down

So Queen Nipola has been caught lying through her teeth misspeaking, quelle suprise, the only thing of note here is that the slippery sod has been caught in the lie...

JB

Don't you just hate it when you forget to write something down

She has form.
It will be interesting to see what turns up if Salmond ever gets the party to court.

Seems a wee bit of water means folk are keen to make news

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The tales when St Nic (pbuh) stands down from the SNP will be interesting, although I suspect the shredders will be working overtime just before she goes.

If another Party takes over the reins then the stories should be more meaty and damaging once the new guys get their hands on government systems!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Using 4k, would show that Scotland has done rather worse than england, because in theory, population density should manifest itself in at least a weighting figure in favour of scotland.. Naturally you won't hear any of that on the box, because covid is not about medicine and all about politics and feeling something is more important than the raw facts.

Which is my (your) point. And good to see her talking ONLY Covid stuff yesterday in her party politburo, errrrr, press briefing. The wretch.

Which is my (your) point. And good to see her talking ONLY Covid stuff yesterday in her party politburo, errrrr, press briefing. The wretch.
She is legally trained and is good at carefully managed, pre-prepared presentations, unlike the previous leader who had a more likable persona, for the non-SNP obsessive. If you compare starmer with her, they're both have a very similar forensic persistance in debates and that goes down well with the mainstream media who are currently heavily against populists, so give her the benefit of the doubt on her failings as a leader of a populist party.

Her demise, like all political falls, will derive from the steed she is riding(SNP). The base of a party can only be held in check so long, if you are winning(tick) and actually moving things forward(cross). The sense I get from scottish friends, is peak SNP has been reached and if her vote slides a little more, then it will open up her flanks to attack.

man_in_blue

Old-Salt
The sense I get from scottish friends, is peak SNP has been reached and if her vote slides a little more, then it will open up her flanks to attack.
Much as I'd like to agree, that's not the feeling I'm getting on the ground. The appearance (if not reality) of being a safe pair of hands during covid and the continuing credibility problem that Johnson has up here is making another SNP victory in next year's Holyrood elections look pretty certain.
Worryingly the creation of a new independence party to go on the list section of the ballot is likely to wreck any chance of the nats being held to any kind of account for a good while yet.

Sent from my X19 S using Tapatalk

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She is legally trained and is good at carefully managed, pre-prepared presentations, unlike the previous leader who had a more likable persona, for the non-SNP obsessive. If you compare starmer with her, they're both have a very similar forensic persistance in debates and that goes down well with the mainstream media who are currently heavily against populists, so give her the benefit of the doubt on her failings as a leader of a populist party.

Her demise, like all political falls, will derive from the steed she is riding(SNP). The base of a party can only be held in check so long, if you are winning(tick) and actually moving things forward(cross). The sense I get from scottish friends, is peak SNP has been reached and if her vote slides a little more, then it will open up her flanks to attack.
When you meet her in real life she is actually a very pleasant person - but as the saying goes "if you can fake sincerity......."

Much as I'd like to agree, that's not the feeling I'm getting on the ground. The appearance (if not reality) of being a safe pair of hands during covid and the continuing credibility problem that Johnson has up here is making another SNP victory in next year's Holyrood elections look pretty certain.
Worryingly the creation of a new independence party to go on the list section of the ballot is likely to wreck any chance of the nats being held to any kind of account for a good while yet.

Sent from my X19 S using Tapatalk
The UK treasury has put the UK economy on life support and Boris opening up englands economy a little has likely helped a little with cash flow in england and I wonder how the easier path of caution in the scottish economy, will look, after the treasury withdraws the life support and who bounces back faster.

As ever, she can blame england for everything, but failing to refresh your excuses sheet will look a little more threadbare next year.

..... unlike the previous leader who had a more likable persona, for the non-SNP obsessive.....
I couldn't disagree more. Obviously I can only judge through the prism of the media, but Sturgeon comes across as a much more likeable person than Salmond ever did. I disagree with both on independence but I suspect I could get along with Sturgeon socially.

I couldn't disagree more. Obviously I can only judge through the prism of the media, but Sturgeon comes across as a much more likeable person than Salmond ever did. I disagree with both on independence but I suspect I could get along with Sturgeon socially.
its a matter of optics and humour is where the impression lives and tracy ullmans portrayal of her is exactly how she looks to people outside of scotland.