Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Dear God we give these people the vote! And allow them to drive.
I think it's because so many folk have been to music festivals that they suddenly think that they can live in the great outdoors!

That and the abundance of cheap camping kit in supermarkets which is almost disposable

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think it's because so many folk have been to music festivals that they suddenly think that they can live in the great outdoors!

That and the abundance of cheap camping kit in supermarkets which is almost disposable
It wouldn’t be so bad if they disposed of it responsibly rather than abandoning it.

Having returned from Bosnia I am in the process of gearing up again. I intend to trek some of the wilder areas and a £10 sleeping bag and £30 festival tent wont cut the mustard. At all!

mrboo

War Hero
Anecdotally it appears to be folk who were expecting campsites to be open and then decided to wild camping when discovered the sites are shut.

As such not prepared (Or fully aware of guidance) on wild toileting and on the fact that there are no refuge facilities in the forests and shores of lochs.

Report in P&J cites 100cars along road at loch morlich in aviemore where the campsite is still shut.
My sister-in-law owns a caravan and camp site just south of inverness. They are allowing caravans on site no tents and they are not opening the toilets and showers because of all the extra cleaning. Basically they are just waiting for a fresh start next year

homeworker

War Hero
My sister-in-law owns a caravan and camp site just south of inverness. They are allowing caravans on site no tents and they are not opening the toilets and showers because of all the extra cleaning. Basically they are just waiting for a fresh start next year
So what do the campers that they let in do for 'personal hygiene'?

So what do the campers that they let in do for 'personal hygiene'?
S*** in their own buckets? I took the (ex) wife and kids to Lido di Jesolo from BAOR in 1988. When she found out was a caravan she was highly unimpressed and informed me it was a long way to come to s*** in a plastic bucket. :)

homeworker

War Hero
S*** in their own buckets? I took the (ex) wife and kids to Lido di Jesolo from BAOR in 1988. When she found out was a caravan she was highly unimpressed and informed me it was a long way to come to s*** in a plastic bucket. :)
The reason I ask is that the cassette system that modern campers have does not have massive amounts of capacity and requires regular emptying (showers/cooking/toilets) all generate output that has to go somewhere - they may find that some enterprising soul will deposit their output in a less than sanitary place.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The reason I ask is that the cassette system that modern campers have does not have massive amounts of capacity and requires regular emptying (showers/cooking/toilets) all generate output that has to go somewhere - they may find that some enterprising soul will deposit their output in a less than sanitary place.

That's been a major issue on the NC500 even when everywhere was open

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Not so much a 'right' but there is no trespass law in Scotland (but there are ways round it!). Wild camping just means they can't be kicked off for trespass.
one way to lower the scots crime figures then.

it must be why it is still legal to shoot a scotmans from the city walls with a longbow on a sunday in york - cuts the murder rate right down

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
there are places i've been where a plastic bucket would be considered luxury in and out of the infantry

JuniorBod

War Hero
That's been a major issue on the NC500 even when everywhere was open
Not a problem in la belle France, why dat you ask, "Aires de service" says I, often in the outskirts of towns or villages, often sponsored by said towns or villages.

Somewhere for motorhomes, caravans to pull in, dispose of waste, grey and black water, top up batteries, water, all for a small fee. Then wander into town for a meal, drink at the local, bit of shopping etc etc.

Win win...

JB

edit errant comma

mrboo

War Hero
The facility to empty the waste from the caravan into the sewerage system is still in place as is the obtaining clean water for on board showers and toilets. Just the on site showers toilets and laundry are shut.

TBH if the ginger one keeps up the anti english bile you can kiss your tourist industry goodbye, she seems hell bent on driving it into collaspe.
Whilst a lot of english can understand not being happy with the westminster elite,driving a wedge between two peoples will cause many to demand the end of Scottish mps at Westminster and even an english vote next time round

TBH if the ginger one keeps up the anti english bile you can kiss your tourist industry goodbye, she seems hell bent on driving it into collaspe.
Whilst a lot of english can understand not being happy with the westminster elite,driving a wedge between two peoples will cause many to demand the end of Scottish mps at Westminster and even an english vote next time round
In fairness the ginger one is getting her hole, can you imagine what she would be like if she wasn't.

The problem is the nhs has to cover vast swathes of scotland with limited resources. Fort Billy has a big region to look after the less said about ullapool the better. The only bonus is the scottish air ambulance has RAF helos to sustain round the clock coverage.

Nose.

Cutting.

Face.

Spite.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In fairness the ginger one is getting her hole, can you imagine what she would be like if she wasn't.

The problem is the nhs has to cover vast swathes of scotland with limited resources. Fort Billy has a big region to look after the less said about ullapool the better. The only bonus is the scottish air ambulance has RAF helos to sustain round the clock coverage.
Do you mean Coastguard rather than RAF?

Latest Threads