Scottish Politics Thread

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Mind you there are the other group of leaders like Haig, Ritchie, O'Connor, Stirling, Frost to name but a few.

Still, on the political side you can always count on Chamberlain, Wilson, Callaghan, Eden to help you retain your greatness :rolleyes:

Even 'the greatest Englishman' was half Septic!
all of whom came south to find work though and who were definately eurosceptic unionists.

and another great 'englishman' was after all Dutch.

Quick, somebody put Bravefart or Trainspotting on the Betamax and break oot the Buckkie and Irn Bru!
I say, old chap, that's a bit harsh. Only inbred, feral mutants from the West of my great nation consume swill like Buckfast! The gentlemen of the East imbue Glenmorangie or Macallan. One must maintain standards, dear boy! :)

I say, old chap, that's a bit harsh. Only inbred, feral mutants from the West of my great nation consume swill like Buckfast! The gentlemen of the East imbue Glenmorangie or Macallan. One must maintain standards, dear boy! :)
No thanks to anything you have mentioned

:puker:

Ahem we in Central are slightly more traditional. Buckie indeed. For amateurs. Now THIS was spotted in the High Street 30 mins ago

Ye cannae whack class.

Attachments

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
the EU will have taken those as preconditions for becoming a colony as part of the sturgeon economic miracle. along with all the mackerel, herring and anything else the EU wants - although they will never tell you when their part of the agreement will be. still seaweed is good for you and guga isn't supposed to be that bad.

I've seen those sheep up near Glasgow - I'd never seen ginger sheep until then. there was little ginger sheep and then some right big ones with huge horns.
Guga is actually quite nice.

There's several types of seaweed that are palatable.

And reestit mutton is wonderful.

And fatties cutties are superb

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Guga is actually quite nice.

There's several types of seaweed that are palatable.

And reestit mutton is wonderful.

And fatties cutties are superb
that's you sorted then

apart from the reeducation camps or the Killing glens where year zero will take place..

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Mind you there are the other group of leaders like Haig, Ritchie, O'Connor, Stirling, Frost to name but a few.

Still, on the political side you can always count on Chamberlain, Wilson, Callaghan, Eden to help you retain your greatness :rolleyes:

Even 'the greatest Englishman' was half Septic!
And represented Dundee and commanded the 6 Bn the Royal Scots Fusileers. A Porridgesthani by election and service.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

1. And represented Dundee and commanded the 6 Bn the Royal Scots Fusileers. A Porridgesthani by election and service.
    Just trying out the good life before going down market.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
And represented Dundee and commanded the 6 Bn the Royal Scots Fusileers. A Porridgesthani by election and service.
well he was in a period of self punishment and he didn't do that well at sandhurst as I understand it so ordering men into battle using Haigs cunning plan would be quite easy.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Seems to be plenty of tourists up here at the moment.

There seems to be a big issue with those wild camping, especially given the lack of facilities that are available.

Multiple reports of crowded areas with nowhere open to dispose of waste.

Seems to be plenty of tourists up here at the moment.

There seems to be a big issue with those wild camping, especially given the lack of facilities that are available.

Multiple reports of crowded areas with nowhere open to dispose of waste.
Interesting that you describe it as wild camping. Why would anybody expect facilities doing wild camping? Now if you mean dossing down en masse...........

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
wild camping is a common right up there though is it not.

probably an old throwback to stop the locals complaining about campaigning english armies or the constant inter tribal raiding that took place.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not so much a 'right' but there is no trespass law in Scotland (but there are ways round it!). Wild camping just means they can't be kicked off for trespass.

JuniorBod

War Hero
Not so much a 'right' but there is no trespass law in Scotland (but there are ways round it!). Wild camping just means they can't be kicked off for trespass.
Aires de service would solve all the problems that the natives complain of, i.e. bin filling, dumping etc etc.

It would also generate a welcome source of income and regulate and disperse the tourists over a wider area where facilities are available...

JB

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
wild camping is a common right up there though is it not.

probably an old throwback to stop the locals complaining about campaigning english armies or the constant inter tribal raiding that took place.

Wild camping is allowed when on foot, however campervans are not legally allowed to just stop anywhere the mood takes them

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Interesting that you describe it as wild camping. Why would anybody expect facilities doing wild camping? Now if you mean dossing down en masse...........

Anecdotally it appears to be folk who were expecting campsites to be open and then decided to wild camping when discovered the sites are shut.

As such not prepared (Or fully aware of guidance) on wild toileting and on the fact that there are no refuge facilities in the forests and shores of lochs.

Report in P&J cites 100cars along road at loch morlich in aviemore where the campsite is still shut.

Anecdotally it appears to be folk who were expecting campsites to be open and then decided to wild camping when discovered the sites are shut.

As such not prepared (Or fully aware of guidance) on wild toileting and on the fact that there are no refuge facilities in the forests and shores of lochs.

Report in P&J cites 100cars along road at loch morlich in aviemore where the campsite is still shut.
Dear God we give these people the vote! And allow them to drive.

Latest Threads