Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not really. A pandemic is an epidemic which has spread through most countries and causes a significant number of deaths

A death rate of ~0.07% of population is not significant; hence it's not an epidemic and thus not a pandemic

A nothing burger - Keep Calm and Carry On

"A percentage of infections results in deaths" meaningless statement, figure is ~0.24% - insignificant

"Rampage through the community" Like Japan and Sweden? Oh, Rampage didn't happen

Latest from WHO: Don't go out tomorrow, the sky is going to fall down. Stay Safe and Save your NHS

Surrender monkeys gabbling and fear mongering each other springs to mind

Head over to Hector Drummond for some rational risk analysis

BTW Notable the "Number Experiment" still not understood
Ah yes, Sweden an alleged success story.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
those lib dem voters are a nuisance aren't they, and the buggers will take all the oil and fish with them if scotland votes to join the queue for the EU.

I've always wondered why we haven't moved the boundary markers up tot he antonine wall though.
You obviously don't know how the maritime boundaries work under international rules. The boundary into the sea follows the track of the boundary between the two countries which, as it reaches the North Sea, continues in a steep northerly direction which cuts off most of the waters off the south of Scotland. I haven't checked but taking it to the Antonine Wall would probably be detrimental to England!

I think Nicola has a plan to keep the English out. She can use the Covid cisis to say they are all possibly infected, and turn them back at the border. Then she just has to make it a permanent ban, and chuck out any English [and Americans] already here.

I think this plan might get some traction.
That is going to work well with all those delivery drivers supplying the shops. :roll:

If it’s going to be let’s say 10 days quarantine I may have to go back to work for my old firm. ( for a laugh !)
we could send trucks north with drivers on a one way trip ( like kamikaze), to Berwick, Hand the keys over to a jock driver whilst we book into a hotel and await the trucks return next day.
nope, Can’t see any problem with keeping Scotland supplied no siree

I take it you are a pict not an incomer Celt or god forbid one of Those blow in ScotI Tribe Then ?
Well he aint a hun thats for sure…...

It would be interesting to see what haulage northwards is essential to keep Scotland accustomed to the lifestyle it lives

Anything delivered past Perth could be deemed frivolous and ahem a waste of fuel

offog

LE
I think Nicola has a plan to keep the English out. She can use the Covid cisis to say they are all possibly infected, and turn them back at the border. Then she just has to make it a permanent ban, and chuck out any English [and Americans] already here.

I think this plan might get some traction.
Report in some of the papers today saying that the delay in opening with the rest of the UK has cost the Scottish tourist industry 11m.
Tourism contributes significantly to the Scottish economy and is vital to the economic performance and employment of towns, cities, regions and rural communities across the length and breadth of Scotland.

15.5 million visitors were attracted to Scotland in 2018, with three and a half million people coming from overseas.

Total spending by tourists reached nearly £5 billion in 2018, and the value of the sector to the wider economy is estimated to be £10.5 billion.

Tourism employs 218,000 people, which accounts for more than 8% of Scottish employment across a range of occupations and skills.
But not to worry I am sure that the rUK will fund a bailout for Scotland.

With many in the UK taking holidays at home I would think many would have had a reason to go north for the first time. Would this quarantine also include those traitorous Scots on there return who have gone south for their holiday.

This is another of those ideas that had no grown up involvement in the planning stage.

Report in some of the papers today saying that the delay in opening with the rest of the UK has cost the Scottish tourist industry 11m.

But not to worry I am sure that the rUK will fund a bailout for Scotland.

With many in the UK taking holidays at home I would think many would have had a reason to go north for the first time. Would this quarantine also include those traitorous Scots on there return who have gone south for their holiday.

This is another of those ideas that had no grown up involvement in the planning stage.
Get with the Mantra Europe good one part of UK bad
Aka **** off to those south of the border

offog

LE
Get with the Mantra Europe good one part of UK bad
Aka **** off to those south of the border
I hesitate to point out that most of Europe is down south. :D

Also saw a report that the EU students will have to pay to attend uni. It will be interesting to see Chinese students not being quarantined but rUK are.

On a lighter note could those holding signs on the border be charged with a hate crime. :eek:

giatttt

Old-Salt
Sturgeon really is giving the Anglophobes as much ammunition as she can as she stokes the fires of separatism. In other news the Scottish tourism industry is getting any better as Jet 2 cancel all flights using Edinburgh and campsites all over Scotland report cancelled bookings from visitors South of the border.

its only a hate crime if your triple barrelled name indicates you own good shooting estates with a dislike of oiks from dreghorn.
IIRC the Scottish tourist industry has only weeks in which to make any money, to keep afloat, if the anti English band wagon carries on it may well be shooting its self in the foot, i'm English and always supported the union, however if (and i now think it should happen) we south of the border get a vote i think i would vote to end it.

offog

LE

its only a hate crime if your triple barrelled name indicates you own good shooting estates with a dislike of oiks from dreghorn.
The SNP may have to replace all those signs and remove the "Welcome To" bit at the top.

Boris could invite her down south then put her in quarantine for two weeks.

IIRC the Scottish tourist industry has only weeks in which to make any money, to keep afloat, if the anti English band wagon carries on it may well be shooting its self in the foot, i'm English and always supported the union, however if (and i now think it should happen) we south of the border get a vote i think i would vote to end it.
Indeed. Given that the Edinburgh Festival, the Fringe and the Princes Street Hogmanay Party have all been cancelled, the Scottish tourism industry was already looking at it's worst year in living memory.

SWMBO has just been on the phone, she has a friend who has a B&B heading down towards Berwick and they have been looking forward to a busy few months but just had most of their bookings cancelled for the next month.

Well done Nikeliar I am sure there are many more getting the same response.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
You obviously don't know how the maritime boundaries work under international rules. The boundary into the sea follows the track of the boundary between the two countries which, as it reaches the North Sea, continues in a steep northerly direction which cuts off most of the waters off the south of Scotland. I haven't checked but taking it to the Antonine Wall would probably be detrimental to England!
Ah there I have you I am aware of the maritime lines - the Antoine wall line will be the disputed border between north and south jockistan allowing us to get the UN in to police it. And it will be cheaper on barbed wire, high voltage cable, mines and watch towers. Plus somewhere to build the refugee camps without them being able to apply for UK citizenship as they will still be in jockistan.

We can then leave it to the international community to pay for most of it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk