Scottish Politics Thread

TamH70

MIA
Speaking of infighting and suspension. It appears that you can be an Independent councillor and get expelled from the Independent councillor group!

The People's Front of Judea and the Judean People's Front want their internecine struggles back, thanks awfully.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
so are the scots behind the Clap for the dear leader day then?

it's a good run up to the military parades and 6 hour TV specials once independence is granted to the Democratic peoples republic of North jockistan.

I can't wait.
I expect to be totally deafened by the silence at the appointed hour!

FHA

LE
so are the scots behind the Clap for the dear leader day then?

it's a good run up to the military parades and 6 hour TV specials once independence is granted to the Democratic peoples republic of North jockistan.

I can't wait.

I might hang my arse out of the window at the appointed time.

Sent from my Phone

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I might hang my arse out of the window at the appointed time.

Sent from my Phone
Ah bumting very patriotic - will it be painted blue or will you let the weather do that bit

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
You just carry on ignoring it, you will be perfectly safe. :rolleyes: Just stay well away from me.
I've been hearing that about you, the skirt gives it away.

You didn't read my post did you? Was it the frothing and spluttering covering bits of your screen? So let me quote myself. I said:

"The real financial reality or the SNP alternative reality?" I never mentioned a One Party State. Why would I think its a One Party State?
to be fair a one party state is part of the plan, they already behave like it is.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I vehemently object to the word "Jockistan", as that is demeaning and abhorrent.

Use "Weefreeistan" instead, if you please.

Thanks.
feegle walt

jockistan is perfectly allowable - cultural tribal homeland of the jockish people. sold to the english in 1707 for the equivalent of 200bn.

We should have had a proper survey done though - according to zoopla it has a damp problem, Radon gas and is infested with weegies.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
feegle walt

jockistan is perfectly allowable - cultural tribal homeland of the jockish people. sold to the english in 1707 for the equivalent of 200bn.

We should have had a proper survey done though - according to zoopla it has a damp problem, Radon gas and is infested with weegies.
True we have a damp problem, Radon gas leaks in places and the Weegies are incorrigible but the real problem is our neighbours! Sorry about that but they can't be moved and are a real PITA.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That's what happens when you purchase a semi detached property.

Caveat emptor an all...

JB
Actually we were here first then the lot down south got hammered by the Frogs who then moved in pushing the dross up to Manchester/Liverpool/Newcastle, you know Oop North!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Pandemic is defined by the spread of a disease not by its mortality rates.
Not really. A pandemic is an epidemic which has spread through most countries and causes a significant number of deaths

A death rate of ~0.07% of population is not significant; hence it's not an epidemic and thus not a pandemic

A nothing burger - Keep Calm and Carry On

The difficulty is always that we can not with any certainy say what would have happened if we had not entered lockdown in terms of infection rates and subsequent deaths.

But given that a percentage of infections results in deaths and another amount of long term symptoms then it is safe to say that if the disease had been allowed to rampage through the community infecting many more than it did then the casualty rate would have been much higher.
"A percentage of infections results in deaths" meaningless statement, figure is ~0.24% - insignificant

"Rampage through the community" Like Japan and Sweden? Oh, Rampage didn't happen

Latest from WHO: Don't go out tomorrow, the sky is going to fall down. Stay Safe and Save your NHS

Surrender monkeys gabbling and fear mongering each other springs to mind

Head over to Hector Drummond for some rational risk analysis

BTW Notable the "Number Experiment" still not understood

Stating the world population and using that as an example is ridiculousness and you know it. There are places that it will never touch due to their isolation (you can do a search to see them they are listed). As well as parts of countries that are isolated and will never see a case. So using your world population is a red herring and a very smelly one at that
Isolated countries aka islands - very few of 7.8 Billion there

Red Herring? No, exactly what global stats for any subject reports

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Actually we were here first then the lot down south got hammered by the Frogs who then moved in pushing the cream up to Manchester. The dross went to Liverpool and back South again.
foc

offog

LE
Isolated countries aka islands - very few of 7.8 Billion there

Red Herring? No, exactly what global stats for any subject reports
No it's a red herring.

It is past from person to person and community to community. If there is no contact then it is not pasted. There will be parts of the world which do not see people from the outside for months at a time but you are including them in your numbers. The worst places infected are towns and cities which is why NY and London had such a high number. It will also depend on transport ability. Poor countries with poor infrastructure and little means of travel will have less chance of infection.

I bet you didn't bother to look at the fact.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
True we have a damp problem, Radon gas leaks in places and the Weegies are incorrigible but the real problem is our neighbours! Sorry about that but they can't be moved and are a real PITA.
those lib dem voters are a nuisance aren't they, and the buggers will take all the oil and fish with them if scotland votes to join the queue for the EU.

I've always wondered why we haven't moved the boundary markers up tot he antonine wall though.