Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Think the reality is starting to sink in
I wonder if it means that English students can now be treated the same as Scots students...............

There isn't going to be any time for a Referendum, the Scottish Government seem to be lining themselves up for full-time court appearances. They are talking about taking Boris to court over food standards legislation, which up to now has been draconianlly applied by the EU. Least hint of Westminster taking this in to their remit has Nicola screaming from the treetops

There have been several other instances over the past couple of weeks where the SNP have said they will be taking the Westminster government to court. It is getting a bit embarrassing and they should be actually running the country and not ensuring Scottish lawyers have a nice pension pot.
as embarrassing as the total SNP throbber on julia hartley brewer this morning who thought that printing money and propping up the economy with it did not need to be repaid! I think his name was mcneil and hes some sort of SNP financial minister with the usual level of incompetence every SNP minister has - he genuinely thought that there were no repercussions from doing so because the Bank of England could just keep printing it willy nilly - it explains a great deal of just how the SNP govt has led Scotland into financial ruin and they think they can continue to use the UK pound when they go independent as if it was that simple - feckwits the lot of them!

As an aside my dentist is doing her dinger on facebook tonight because Queen Nicolas blase comments today about dentists restarting are extremely misleading because the restrictions for nhs dentists on any task creating aerosols are still in place so unless its an extraction or just an inspection then dream on for any dental treatment

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
as embarrassing as the total SNP throbber on julia hartley brewer this morning who thought that printing money and propping up the economy with it did not need to be repaid! I think his name was mcneil and hes some sort of SNP financial minister with the usual level of incompetence every SNP minister has - he genuinely thought that there were no repercussions from doing so because the Bank of England could just keep printing it willy nilly - it explains a great deal of just how the SNP govt has led Scotland into financial ruin and they think they can continue to use the UK pound when they go independent as if it was that simple - feckwits the lot of them!

As an aside my dentist is doing her dinger on facebook tonight because Queen Nicolas blase comments today about dentists restarting are extremely misleading because the restrictions for nhs dentists on any task creating aerosols are still in place so unless its an extraction or just an inspection then dream on for any dental treatment
I might know a little about the latter.
Yes, NHS routine dentistry can restart as long as no AGPs. (Aerosol generating procedures)
However most dentistry involve AGP, if we use the wee water/air spray that is an AGP.
Let alone drilling, most modern materials need a dry surface to adhere to.
So dentists can do extractions and dentures and a few other things.
But AGPs can be sent to an Urgent Dental Care Centre (UDCC). However as each AGP requires the surgery to sit fallow for an hour after treatment and then needs a deep clean, that limits a surgery to about 4 uses a day. (Normal through put being 25 to 30).

However private dentists are not bound by NHS regulations and can provide AGPs.

More details available on request

So were the TV pictures from Italy faked?
Where people were lying on the floor in hospitals due to over crowding?
Field hospitals overflowing with casualties?
New York where health facilities needed staff from out of state to treat the numbers? The overwhelming of hospitals in Hubai?
Deaths is only one aspect of the pandemic.
Rather weak argument. I didn't suggest they were fake. However, they misrepresented a problem in one area as a nationwide problem.

Look at empirical data; ignore msm emotive bad news and fear mongering. All cause weekly deaths in UK are now below average - C-19 spike was mostly brought forward deaths

The 'draconian meadures' were not designed to save lives as such, but to contain the outbreak - which it did, and to ensure the NHS were not overwhelmed - which it did.

Covid-19 is a vicious, nasty virus which, just because you did not get it, does not make it any less of a killer; especially to those of us of more mature years.
How serious is it for 'most vulnerable' - not as much as Gov'ts and msm pretend:
According to a UK Government study, 80.9% of residents in care homes for the over-65s in England who tested positive for COVID-19 were asymptomatic

On lockdown and "saving NHS" there have been ~12,000 non C-19 excess deaths - save the NHS by killing the people who pay for it

Excess Deaths due to C-19 is the only aspect of the pandemic vs not pandemic which matters
- Death of ~0.0006% of UK population is not a pandemic
- Global deaths of 0.0007% of population is not a pandemic

Some Analysis:
England & Wales 2020 Mortality Statistics in Context

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Rather weak argument. I didn't suggest they were fake. However, they misrepresented a problem in one area as a nationwide problem.

Look at empirical data; ignore msm emotive bad news and fear mongering. All cause weekly deaths in UK are now below average - C-19 spike was mostly brought forward deaths

How serious is it for 'most vulnerable' - not as much as Gov'ts and msm pretend:
According to a UK Government study, 80.9% of residents in care homes for the over-65s in England who tested positive for COVID-19 were asymptomatic

On lockdown and "saving NHS" there have been ~12,000 non C-19 excess deaths - save the NHS by killing the people who pay for it

Excess Deaths due to C-19 is the only aspect of the pandemic vs not pandemic which matters
- Death of ~0.0006% of UK population is not a pandemic
- Global deaths of 0.0007% of population is not a pandemic

Some Analysis:
England & Wales 2020 Mortality Statistics in Context
You just carry on ignoring it, you will be perfectly safe. :rolleyes: Just stay well away from me.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The substance of the article seems to suggest more than the actual reality.

As has been pointed out around Holyrood election time before, voting for SNP in both constituency and list votes becomes counterproductive, because if SNP win all the constituency votes it knocks them out of the running for the list seats. Hence the current situation where they hold nearly all the constituency seats and others hold the list seats.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The substance of the article seems to suggest more than the actual reality.

As has been pointed out around Holyrood election time before, voting for SNP in both constituency and list votes becomes counterproductive, because if SNP win all the constituency votes it knocks them out of the running for the list seats. Hence the current situation where they hold nearly all the constituency seats and others hold the list seats.
So the suggestion is to turn Scotland into a two Party country! :(

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Which reality. The real financial reality or the SNP alternative reality? There will need to be some deft quantum mathematical machinations for the second one to be understood.
Perhaps it's the reality where a country with 5 parties in its Parliament and 10 parties participating in its elections is accused of being a one party state.

Only by bitter losers, I admit, but all the same.