Scottish Politics Thread

Oh dear Fatty Blackford telling porkies in PMQ's regarding NHS staff and parking in Scotland's hospitals. He said that NHS staff do not pay parking charges in Scotland and yet he seems to not know that Dundee’s Ninewells Hospital, Glasgow Royal Infirmary and Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, whilst suspended for three months, have to be paid because they are run by private operators, as these charges could not be scrapped due to long-term private finance initiative (PFI) contracts. .
Is the same person or did he remove his smouldering undercrackers

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The big question is will they follow the Chancellor and give a temporary stamp duty holiday up here? :-D
I doubt it as that would seem like Scotland is just doing what Westminster dictates. No, more likely she will offer grants wrapped up in a way that makes it look like the beneficence of the ScotGov rather than Westminster!

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Under the direction of Delloite, herrumph!
And as previously stated it's not as if there's no NHS staff in the region

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There isn't going to be any time for a Referendum, the Scottish Government seem to be lining themselves up for full-time court appearances. They are talking about taking Boris to court over food standards legislation, which up to now has been draconianlly applied by the EU. Least hint of Westminster taking this in to their remit has Nicola screaming from the treetops

There have been several other instances over the past couple of weeks where the SNP have said they will be taking the Westminster government to court. It is getting a bit embarrassing and they should be actually running the country and not ensuring Scottish lawyers have a nice pension pot.

There isn't going to be any time for a Referendum, the Scottish Government seem to be lining themselves up for full-time court appearances. They are talking about taking Boris to court over food standards legislation, which up to now has been draconianlly applied by the EU. Least hint of Westminster taking this in to their remit has Nicola screaming from the treetops

There have been several other instances over the past couple of weeks where the SNP have said they will be taking the Westminster government to court. It is getting a bit embarrassing and they should be actually running the country and not ensuring Scottish lawyers have a nice pension pot.
Will they be taking the EU to court for using chlorine in salad bags?

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
I suspect I enjoyed horse for a number of years before the scam was exposed- what you don't know .........
I'm pretty sure no one is going to be forced fed chlorinated chickens, surely market forces ultimately control what we eat, if no one buys it, they will stop stocking it or am I being naïve.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I suspect I enjoyed horse for a number of years before the scam was exposed- what you don't know .........
I'm pretty sure no one is going to be forced fed chlorinated chickens, surely market forces ultimately control what we eat, if no one buys it, they will stop stocking it or am I being naïve.
Some folk through choice or necessity will buy the cheapest option.

And that refers to manufacturing companies as well as end purchasers.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just been to a supermarket, they have removed the one way system.

Chaos now reigns!

She must have went to the same school as Derek "where's the young boys" MacKay

1594299732509.png

The £21 million refers only to the SNP Government’s budget for specific measures to support the economy in Scotland such as apprenticeship funds.

But Scotland’s overall budget will actually increase by a further £800 million through the Barnett formula, thanks largely to increased spending on the NHS – with previously announced measures taking the overall total to £4.6 billion.

She must have went to the same school as Derek "where's the young boys" MacKay

View attachment 488312

The £21 million refers only to the SNP Government’s budget for specific measures to support the economy in Scotland such as apprenticeship funds.

But Scotland’s overall budget will actually increase by a further £800 million through the Barnett formula, thanks largely to increased spending on the NHS – with previously announced measures taking the overall total to £4.6 billion.

Don't ruin things with facts.

The Unionist cause is saved!

At last, it won't be left to neds singing "the sash" and assaulting people in George Square.
The world is strange. Some arrsers and George Galloway on the same side for once. Me included.