Scottish Politics Thread

Loch Lomond has been the focal point of antisocial camping for a few years now, seems Covid has not put a stop to it.
You sound surprised that it would happen. I posted picture of The Meadows the other week after the students had a party there and it was exactly the same.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Charged with irresponsible camping - sounds like Constable Savage has been on the prowl again!

I’ve no doubt the fuckwits in question will feel as hard done to as any other malefactors who didn’t expect to get caught and think being caught is singling them out. After all if its OK for Dominic Cummings to take his 4 year old autistic son to be looked after by his relatives why isn’t it ok for them to go camping. One rule etc. Freedom etc

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I’ve no doubt the fuckwits in question will feel as hard done to as any other malefactors who didn’t expect to get caught and think being caught is singling them out. After all if its OK for Dominic Cummings to take his 4 year old autistic son to be looked after by his relatives why isn’t it ok for them to go camping. One rule etc. Freedom etc
WTF has DC got to do with this! You just can't let go can you? Oh well, you won't have to vote for him next time then! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Loch Lomond has been the focal point of antisocial camping for a few years now, seems Covid has not put a stop to it.
Indeed hence Park Rangers becoming Special Constables Not sure if it produced positive results.
30-40 minutes drive from the weeg to the Bonnie banks makes it too easy for the less than social conscious.

Normally i would agree with condoning of the litter louts, however with the park closed to everyone on the eastern side of loch lomond the obvious parked cars or whatever are fair game to the local polis. Closed car parks aint the solution to stop people climbing local Bens, or visit bracklen falls. The Devils pulpit has a problem with parking, give the local landowner the money to create a proper parking area job jobbed, even queens view is verboten.

Locals need the tourism, they also blame the neds for spoiling their own private national park where they reside. Luss complained about people pissing outdoors as local toilets were closed.

Solution is obvious

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Am thinking of going into the glamping business
FB_IMG_1594145118655.jpg

Did I mention the hot tub?

FB_IMG_1594145125613.jpg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
brown thickly padded envelope to sepa job jobbed…..
Are they short of envelopes at SEPA? Would he not be better bunging them some dosh as a bribe than a used envelope?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
WTF has DC got to do with this! You just can't let go can you? Oh well, you won't have to vote for him next time then! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I heard some twunt giving it as an excuse the other day.

Are they short of envelopes at SEPA? Would he not be better bunging them some dosh as a bribe than a used envelope?
Stop wondering about the contents of brown envelopes…..start worrying about Scotgov sending you to a covid guinea pig testing site to see what works when and where…..
injections to be anally inserted for your impertinence

A Scottish Government plan:

Spend £9M on 25000 laptops for deprived school children
and
keep them in the stores, not one issued!

now waiting for Fang to come along and tell us that it was the plan all along.

Swindley, depriving some wee toon of its idiot.

and

Interesting, who is responsible for keeping these new laptops software updated and the batteries charged so they don't die and need replacing at an exhorbitive cost?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Interesting, who is responsible for keeping these new laptops software updated and the batteries charged so they don't die and need replacing at an exhorbitive cost?
Straight to eBay.

Oh dear Fatty Blackford telling porkies in PMQ's regarding NHS staff and parking in Scotland's hospitals. He said that NHS staff do not pay parking charges in Scotland and yet he seems to not know that Dundee’s Ninewells Hospital, Glasgow Royal Infirmary and Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, whilst suspended for three months, have to be paid because they are run by private operators, as these charges could not be scrapped due to long-term private finance initiative (PFI) contracts. .

giatttt

Old-Salt

and keep them in the stores, not one issued!
£360 per laptop, really? Did they get a quote from a mate down the Barras?

Even if they went with a minimal Azure/InTune solution for device management and authentication they have to add in another £15 per device per month, or £3M per annum just to let users login. Need to add another £700K to give them office on the laptop so that they can actually do some work.

As I'm sure has been mentioned before on Arrse, there are two other little gotchas:
1. Who pays for the Internet connection?
2. What stops guardian/parent converting said laptop into drugs or drink?

Sounds like a plan developed by the EU in Bosnia. Another wee, free independent state that is doing oh so well.

£360 per laptop, really? Did they get a quote from a mate down the Barras?

Even if they went with a minimal Azure/InTune solution for device management and authentication they have to add in another £15 per device per month, or £3M per annum just to let users login. Need to add another £700K to give them office on the laptop so that they can actually do some work.

As I'm sure has been mentioned before on Arrse, there are two other little gotchas:
1. Who pays for the Internet connection?
2. What stops guardian/parent converting said laptop into drugs or drink?
1. The IC was going to be paid for by the tax payer. Surprise, surprise.
2. Absolutely nothing.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

and

It was discussed a while ago when someone thought that ScotGov would be able to source and distribute 25,000 laptops in a week.

I suggested that it was too short a time scale.

Someone with an IT background suggested 18 months.

However seeing as schools have been on holiday for the last week I would doubt any issuing would have been occurring recently.

Latest Threads