Scottish Politics Thread

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That can't be right FF says it is only Unionists that keep mentioning the border

:boogie:
I said most not all.

It was very much a Conservative mantra this week, Carlow, Jack and the PM were all on about it.

FM had said nothing much till that point and after all she said was there were no plans for it, but could not rule out more divergence between the countries.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Mrs Murrell will be delighted - she has been itching to shut the border to ra evul toaaaaareees ever since she got her sweaty paws on the reins.

She must thank God every day for sending her the excuse.
Mrs Murrell is in the Kingdom of Fife the day, "with" Mr Murrell, visiting "family"

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
I said most not all.

It was very much a Conservative mantra this week, Carlow, Jack and the PM were all on about it.

FM had said nothing much till that point and after all she said was there were no plans for it, but could not rule out more divergence between the countries.
TBF, weren't they responding to the Questions raised by SNP members in the HoC? Otherwise, why would they mention it at all?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
TBF, weren't they responding to the Questions raised by SNP members in the HoC? Otherwise, why would they mention it at all?
For political point scoring.

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
And another fine example of being responsible in public office

View attachment 487114
Good old Angus. Taken time off from stirring Stewart Hosie's porridge. Or was Stewart stirring his? Mind you, tromboning journalists in the HOC must be a bit more difficult with social distancing.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
State of these Dicksplashes!

Agent P (@AgentP22) Tweeted: Scottish nationalists on the Berwick road telling English people to “stay the f*ck out” of Scotland. Lovely stuff. https://t.co/Ue7QGw4I7b

Also available on the A30 into Cornwall. English telling fellow English to feck off
FB_IMG_1593888583091.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Calling Cornish nationalists "English"? F**x me you haven't spent much time in Kernow. If the Janners track you down you'll end up like the copper in the Wcker Man for comments like that!

View attachment 487147

Mrs F lifelong best friend moved to just outside Plymouth so well acquainted with Cornwall, well Eastern part anyway.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
For political point scoring.
Eh? They were responding to direct questions which, if I recall correctly, started with Frau Furious gobbing off about quarantine for the English, under the guise or RUK. Subsequently, SnP MPs have decided to bring it up on their allocated video question.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Also available on the A30 into Cornwall. English telling fellow English to feck off View attachment 487142
Kernow! They dont have a devolved anything, let alone an FM thinking Scotland is independent and stirring her band of loyal Robot's to act accordingly; still not tweeted condemning the loons, but then why would she?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Eh? They were responding to direct questions which, if I recall correctly, started with Frau Furious gobbing off about quarantine for the English, under the guise or RUK. Subsequently, SnP MPs have decided to bring it up on their allocated video question.

A planted question for political point scoring.
You can see the smirk on Jack's face

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
A planted question for political point scoring.
You can see the smirk on Jack's face
Yes, and although I dont own a pair of tap dancing shoes, his smirk is truly a thing of beauty. ;) But you cant have failed to see and hear Nikela and her gang upping the anti English rhetoric this last week? Or, did a bunch of Neds suddenly decided to take a drive out to Berwick the day and shout at cars?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

NHS Louisa Jordan might see some patients after all

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Former SNP Jim Sillars don't like your plan
I know someone who hangs on every word from St Nic as pure gospel and won't hear a word against her, yet when I ask the same question of why leave the overseeing of Westminster just to take in the same from Brussels, and have to pay to do so! No reply, no answer, just gets more and more angry, tries to change the subject and shouts when I try to bring the question back.

He has no answer to it so tries to ignore it. It can be quite a bit of fun but I need to take account of his blood pressure!

NHS Louisa Jordan might see some patients after all
Not sure if I'm being particularly thick here and I'm sure if I am I'll be very quickly told but, if hospitals are operating at the moment, albeit in a limited capacity, where would all the staff and surgeons come from? If it's just an exercise to, hopefully, limit the spread of the virus surely transfering the staff from standard hospitals will negate this?

If it's to open to ortho patients (and it doesn't make clear if it's for ops or physio) then where is the physio taking place and again, where are the physio's coming from and for that matter the surgeons and theatre staff?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not sure if I'm being particularly thick here and I'm sure if I am I'll be very quickly told but, if hospitals are operating at the moment, albeit in a limited capacity, where would all the staff and surgeons come from? If it's just an exercise to, hopefully, limit the spread of the virus surely transfering the staff from standard hospitals will negate this?

If it's to open to ortho patients (and it doesn't make clear if it's for ops or physio) then where is the physio taking place and again, where are the physio's coming from and for that matter the surgeons and theatre staff?

Health care has been much reduced in provision and we are in the process of remobilising services.

By spreading services across more locations you can keep footfall down at each.

Am involved in several locations, one issue we are having is timing of appointments and preventing patients being too close to each other.
Ideal is a one way system.
A facility such as NHS Louisa Jordan with all its space would be ideal.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
One of the main reason that health has been much reduced is because it is virtually impossible to see a GP, the first step in getting care. My GP is literally locked down and appointments are only made on emergency cases - everything else is dealt with by a phone call.

GPs refer patients to hospitals, we can't self refer so if people are not seeing GPs then it is unsurprising that work in hospitals is quieter than usual.

Latest Threads