Scottish Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fang_Farrier, Feb 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cuamhain5

Cuamhain5 On ROPs

Using the pound (Sterling) does not require permission from the UK. You are perhaps confusing that with a currency union.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  2. Tell that to the Bank of England.

3. Cuamhain5

Cuamhain5 On ROPs

The only flaw in your response being the resolution is not restricted to colonies;

1. The subjection of peoples to alien subjugation, domination and exploitation constitutes a denial of fundamental human rights, is contrary to the Charter of the United Nations and is an impediment to the promotion of world peace and co-operation.

2. All peoples have the right to self-determination; by virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.

3. Inadequacy of political, economic, social or educational preparedness should never serve as a pretext for delaying independence.

4. All armed action or repressive measures of all kinds directed against dependent peoples shall cease in order to enable them to exercise peacefully and freely their right to complete independence, and the integrity of their national territory shall be respected.

5. Immediate steps shall be taken, in Trust and Non-Self-Governing Territories or all other territories which have not yet attained independence, to transfer all powers to the peoples of those territories, without any conditions or reservations, in accordance with their freely expressed will and desire, without any distinction as to race, creed or colour, in order to enable them to enjoy complete independence and freedom.

6. Any attempt aimed at the partial or total disruption of the national unity and the territorial integrity of a country is incompatible with the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations.

7. All States shall observe faithfully and strictly the provisions of the Charter of the United Nations, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the present Declaration on the basis of equality, non-interference in the internal affairs of all States, and respect for the sovereign rights of all peoples and their territorial integrity.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Cuamhain5

Cuamhain5 On ROPs

That decision is the EU's to make not the rUK's.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Cuamhain5

Cuamhain5 On ROPs

Using the pound (Sterling) does not require permission from the BoE. You are perhaps confusing that with a currency union.

6. Cuamhain5

Cuamhain5 On ROPs

*Parliamentary majority :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Cuamhain5

Cuamhain5 On ROPs

Technically that is for the EU to decide, not the UK.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. It the currency of the U.K., with independence your no longer in the U.K.

Yet you want to be aligned with a currency that can control your imports and exports via U.K.

9. Cuamhain5

Cuamhain5 On ROPs

I missed the clog wearing version of UKIP winning in the Netherlands.

Shill;

an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.

What side of the argument is it you think I'm pretending to genuinely represent in order to entice or encourage others? Are you claiming I'm a yoon plant tricking those in favour of independence or is your use of shill based on your perception it makes you sound more informed than you actually are?

10. Not in Westminster where the money counts.

11. Cuamhain5

Cuamhain5 On ROPs

I have expressed no such desire however were I to do so I would not be seeking permission. I certainly wouldn't be intimating that this was a temporary arrangement were I so inclined.

12. Cuamhain5

Cuamhain5 On ROPs

Westminster derives its parliamentary authority from the electorate. At the point the electorate instruct its elected representatives to withdraw from parliament it no longer has authority. Shall we put it to the vote?

13. Is this how you would negotiate a approach to the Euro Zone?

Independence means independence, not oh we would like to use your currency and piggy back of your economy.

But then jimmy needs to have a sound history of providing succes to Scotland, higher education, etc.

14. Cuamhain5

Cuamhain5 On ROPs

None that are relevant as an expression of the will of the Scottish People.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Cuamhain5

Cuamhain5 On ROPs

I'm beginning to suspect you've not clicked on yet that the UKG plan is not the SG plan.

• Funny Funny x 1