Scottish Politics Thread

Because ScotGov has no authority over HM Forces.

Why it annoys me is that we have spare NHS staff who could easily be doing it.
Feck me i know you dislike one or two members of staff.

But to send them out as testing teams is like going bareback in sierra leone…..other aids afflicted countries may apply.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

Sorry, I worded that from the assumption it would be really easy for Wee Nippy to ask Boris for MACC, what with it being a pandemic an all. Unless she was just being indy for the sake of being indy at ££££££££££s

And your point confirms that money trees are flourishing.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Feck me i know you dislike one or two members of staff.

But to send them out as testing teams is like going bareback in sierra leone…..other aids afflicted countries may apply.
The other way around, they like me so much that they are willing to let me go first

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sorry, I worded that from the assumption it would be really easy for Wee Nippy to ask Boris for MACC, what with it being a pandemic an all. Unless she was just being indy for the sake of being indy at ££££££££££s

And your point confirms that money trees are flourishing.
Whilst I can not comment on the money tree, we are definitely under employing a lot of staff at present.

Terms used are spreading the load, not over burdening, it's very stressful etc

However due to the reasonably successful lockdown we just haven't had the health crisis we expected.

It would seem the village of Dreghorn is the tiny minority referenced in the new draconian laws being considered.
To prove your loyalty to Scotland all dreghornians must apologise to the first minister for all those years of political bullying she endured there

In case anyone wonders the Sturgeon household were the only family not to fly a union flag during the summer ;)

It would seem the village of Dreghorn is the tiny minority referenced in the new draconian laws being considered.
To prove your loyalty to Scotland all dreghornians must apologise to the first minister for all those years of political bullying she endured there

In case anyone wonders the Sturgeon household were the only family not to fly a union flag during the summer ;)

She is very, very angry :-D because traffic is up 70% over the weekend.

It is, of course, nothing to do with what she said

stay home.... but go out more if you want and meet family, within social distancing rules... :?

By the way it is a French flag at her place :cool:

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Not only has the loosening of the lockdown causing our FM some concerns, it now seems her casual politicisation of the current crisis on Ridge’s programme may be gathering attention in the media. This may be the story that changes the UK media’s view of the FM, prior to this she was viewed as “steadying the helm” and in an extremely positive light compared to UK PM, even though she’s not actually done anything substantially different from the UK. Another dark cloud on the horizon is the scathing attack on the SNP and it’s response to the crisis, specifically in the care home sector, by Tony Banks. Whilst the expected response from the SNP foot soldiers was both predictable and boring “Tory b*****d” etc., but the response within the leadership of the SNP will be much different, to have one of the founding members of Business for Scotland rip your crisis response apart from a position of intimate knowledge, after all he does run a care home company, will cause seismic repercussions all the way to the top and if this becomes a media main story could cause real damage to the SNP polling.

She is very, very angry :-D because traffic is up 70% over the weekend.

It is, of course, nothing to do with what she said

stay home.... but go out more if you want and meet family, within social distancing rules... :?

By the way it is a French flag at her place :cool:
When a government makes a suggestion then you just know they cannot legally enforce it………..
5 miles my fecking arse, reason is simple, in rural communities that just the distance to the end of the privately owned road. If you live near Tarbert then thats where yo go for your weekly shop.
Simple example post code PA31 8AJ to PA31 8SR is a distance of eight miles

I leave it to @Fang_Farrier to comment on the distancing pop north in Ross shire and Sutherland….Nice part of the country if you live there shoite if you depend on tourism to pay your wages, hence crofting is a vital part of the way of life and economy.

Something the centralist SNP tend to ignore as it doest fit in with the gangfuck that is the central belt.
If i want the train to glasgow stirling is closer than milngavie. either way the car is the only way to get about rurally!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
When a government makes a suggestion then you just know they cannot legally enforce it………..
5 miles my fecking arse, reason is simple, in rural communities that just the distance to the end of the privately owned road. If you live near Tarbert then thats where yo go for your weekly shop.
Simple example post code PA31 8AJ to PA31 8SR is a distance of eight miles

I leave it to @Fang_Farrier to comment on the distancing pop north in Ross shire and Sutherland….Nice part of the country if you live there shoite if you depend on tourism to pay your wages, hence crofting is a vital part of the way of life and economy.

Something the centralist SNP tend to ignore as it doest fit in with the gangfuck that is the central belt.
If i want the train to glasgow stirling is closer than milngavie. either way the car is the only way to get about rurally!
There are currently two types of people in the North.

Those who can not wait for the NC500 to be running again

And those who don't want it. Either due to dread or have really enjoyed the peace and quiet on the roads.

There are currently two types of people in the North.

Those who can not wait for the NC500 to be running again

And those who don't want it. Either due to dread or have really enjoyed the peace and quiet on the roads.
What about those people that ahem yearn for fresh meat

Wot he sez...

In the DG postcode it is a twenty odd mile one way trip to reach a decent range of shops that may have something on the shelves.

Forty plus to get to the border and a cheap range of booze in Englandshire...

JB
Sainsburys in newton stewart…great for that lunchtime lunchtime special of Jonny walker Tennants and a multipack of KP nuts….

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Well I suppose it proves testing was happening in early May in some parts

Whilst the expected response from the SNP foot soldiers was both predictable and boring “Tory b*****d” etc., but the response within the leadership of the SNP will be much different, to have one of the founding members of Business for Scotland rip your crisis response apart from a position of intimate knowledge, after all he does run a care home company, will cause seismic repercussions all the way to the top and if this becomes a media main story could cause real damage to the SNP polling.
There's the flaw in the plan (my bold)

Dredd

LE

Wait - are you saying there are swathes of oor heroes that have actually just been stauning aboot, scratching their erses and pickin their noses aw this time while we've been lied to aboot being oan a frontline an aw 'at?

Ah'll be clapping a little less loudly fae noo oan.

Seriously though, it's a no-win situation. If it was just NHS doing it here the UK government would be accused of abandoning Scotland by not sending the military in. And it would also highlight that much of the media hysteria has been overblown, as we know, so best not to mention it eh?

Dredd

LE
I'm also intrigued with this testing. If I don't have the symptoms, and there is absolutely no way I could have been infected, why would I seek being tested?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm also intrigued with this testing. If I don't have the symptoms, and there is absolutely no way I could have been infected, why would I seek being tested?
It is only useful in certain circumstances.
Current test merely shows if you have it at time of testing.
But it can take 72 hours to get results.
It does not show if you have had a dose and are potentially immune

As even for care workers and health care professionals it can be of limited value

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wait - are you saying there are swathes of oor heroes that have actually just been stauning aboot, scratching their erses and pickin their noses aw this time while we've been lied to aboot being oan a frontline an aw 'at?

Ah'll be clapping a little less loudly fae noo oan.

Seriously though, it's a no-win situation. If it was just NHS doing it here the UK government would be accused of abandoning Scotland by not sending the military in. And it would also highlight that much of the media hysteria has been overblown, as we know, so best not to mention it eh?

I can't possibly comment but I am reliably informed of a colleague who has complained that they have been asked to take leave whilst they are "self isolated"
Not leave for the entire time but just use up some on a pro rata basis, ie a quarter of their leave every 3 months.

Latest Threads