Scottish Politics Thread

Seadog

ADC
Good to see they have their priorities right

Scottish Government senior managers have been handed inflation-busting pay rises of up to 12 per cent in the middle of the coronvirus crisis.
I thought Scotland’s Civil Servants were interchangeable with others in the UK . The Record article reports C grade ( the didn’t say 2 or 1 ) is currently on 54k and a “Mandarin” is currently on 67k.

Really? One salary looks exaggerated up, the other exaggerated way down.

Seadog

ADC
Another of my YesPest/ hoots mon/ Scots wha hae/Saltire avatar / up yer kilt/ Boris Derangement Syndrome suffering/ Soar Alba acquaintances was purple with rage that Matt Hancock was on Twitter, expressing joy that horse racing was starting up again on Monday.

There’s more important stuff...people are dying etc.

YesPest was playing golf on Friday, good old Nicola.

TamH70

MIA
Another of my YesPest/ hoots mon/ Scots wha hae/Saltire avatar / up yer kilt/ Boris Derangement Syndrome suffering/ Soar Alba acquaintances was purple with rage that Matt Hancock was on Twitter, expressing joy that horse racing was starting up again on Monday.

There’s more important stuff...people are dying etc.

YesPest was playing golf on Friday, good old Nicola.
You know, of course, why they call it "golf"?

"Shite" was already taken.

Dredd

LE
Sturgeon has micro managed the news briefings, not allowing follow on questions,refusing to answer questions that are obviously media traps saying she is not going to answer questions that out words in her mouth. All very good and well, showing NS as strong and in control.

It was nice the other day to see her flustered when a reporter from the Telegraph jumped in at the end. She was tidying up getting ready to go when he came in and she squawked "Your not on my list" and almost lost it. When she realised it was a fairly inoccuous question she answered it, but I bet that someone got a blasting afterwards.
See they still like to keep lists, then? ;)

Seadog

ADC
Sturgeon has micro managed the news briefings, not allowing follow on questions,refusing to answer questions that are obviously media traps saying she is not going to answer questions that out words in her mouth. All very good and well, showing NS as strong and in control.

It was nice the other day to see her flustered when a reporter from the Telegraph jumped in at the end. She was tidying up getting ready to go when he came in and she squawked "Your not on my list" and almost lost it. When she realised it was a fairly inoccuous question she answered it, but I bet that someone got a blasting afterwards.
Nicola Sturgeon was on Sky News this forenoon but has delegated the Daily Brief (Scotland) today to Jeane Freeman.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Nicola Sturgeon was on Sky News this forenoon but has delegated the Daily Brief (Scotland) today to Jeane Freeman.
She has habitually taken Sunday off from the daily briefing

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nicola does not like doing the Sunday brief and is rarely there on Sundays. Obviously busy in Bute House as she would never break the guidance and travel to her second house, would she?

Unless they are PDS or a hospital, they may have closed doors but should still have been answering phone.

All the guidance and instructions have been sent out last week
I just received an email update from my dentists: they will not be seeing patients until Phase 2, and we don't have a date for that yet. Phase 1 will be reviewed after three weeks, but there is an option to extend it if the R Number has risen significantly.

Seadog

ADC
Nicola does not like doing the Sunday brief and is rarely there on Sundays. Obviously busy in Bute House as she would never break the guidance and travel to her second house, would she?
There’s a photo of her outside a house clapping for the NHS (says the caption) Definitely not Bute House.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well sure as shite not church

Official residence Vs private Vs bridge of Allan for European relations
C'mon spill? Or point me in the twittersphere the direction so I can get up to speed, please?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
C'mon spill? Or point me in the twittersphere the direction so I can get up to speed, please?
A rumour of comfy shoes in Perth & Kinross!

Probably the day of the week where she keeps her duties to a minimum*, family time or munching the old rug.

*She is entitled to some time off afterall.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Probably the day of the week where she keeps her duties to a minimum*, family time or munching the old rug.

*She is entitled to some time off afterall.
Quite agree, all work and no play makes Jill and complete PITA!

Latest Threads