Scottish Politics Thread

I suppose it shows the SNP's position of power and how weak Labour have been that Guido is having to have so many pops at them
Tories weakened by covid crisis
SNP struggle with education before and during covid(other three countries may or may not be the same)
Labour quiet due to new Westminster leader
Greens looking at needless car drivers with silent fury as the closest the world has come to zero emissions
Leaves the Lib Dem’s who are embracing sunshine everywhere including leith

Given that Wee Jimmy does not like being asked questions, unless it is those that have been approved beforehand.
The media should be all over the SNP like a rash over the way they've handled the country ever since they punted SLAB to the sidelines. I thought SLAB were bad but the SNP are way worse.

It's no wonder the SNP & SLAB have been allowed to bring Scotland to the brink of being a 3rd World country, SCUP are completely useless at getting their message across in a way the voters can easily understand, using modern methods of communication instead of relying on the MSM.

Isn’t funny that suddenly it’s Britons, you know an extinct race as such. Just saying
Bernard Cornwall Walt

"Alfred wanted peace, but the Danes came and the Norsemen came, and so peace fled from him, and Alfred had to fight.

And when Alfred was dead and England was powerful, still more Danes came, and more Norsemen, and the Britons marched out of Wales and the Scots howled down from the North and what else can a man do but fight? For his land, his family, himself".
- Uhtred of Bebbanburg

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Having only recently taken an active interest in Scottish Politics, it's been one hell of an eye opener. Not all good, some bits shocking, like the blatent University discrimination. SNP have absolutely no opposition. Holyrood looks more like a lassies coffee club with no one willing to say that the cake is actually shit.

SLab are finished, but that is not new news. SCUP can only challenge if it get's its act together, directed, not asked, by Conservative HQ. I believe 38% was the Scottish Vote to leave the SSEU, which is actually pretty high considering the SCUP leader and most SMP's were Remain and campaigned so; this needs changing ASAP or the pretend parliament will never be challenged.

The key question really, has the genie had too many fried mars bars to ever fit back in the lamp?

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Still, on the bright side, the Sainted Nicola will soon be resuming her French lessons, if she hasn't already stopped.
Right, this us bugging me now, I've clearly missed the Goss! I understand thus:
3 super injunctions (Interdicts)
Mr Salmond is no doubt holding back, but he has lists; we know how people with lists think
Vist to a Bridge call Al
Hair, styled with KFS

I'm still not joining any dots to get an understanding. Help?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Right, this us bugging me now, I've clearly missed the Goss! I understand thus:
3 super injunctions (Interdicts)
Mr Salmond is no doubt holding back, but he has lists; we know how people with lists think
Vist to a Bridge call Al
Hair, styled with KFS

I'm still not joining any dots to get an understanding. Help?
Bridge of Allan is a place, you seem to be confusing it with a Paul Simon song

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Having only recently taken an active interest in Scottish Politics, it's been one hell of an eye opener. Not all good, some bits shocking, like the blatent University discrimination. SNP have absolutely no opposition. Holyrood looks more like a lassies coffee club with no one willing to say that the cake is actually shit.

SLab are finished, but that is not new news. SCUP can only challenge if it get's its act together, directed, not asked, by Conservative HQ. I believe 38% was the Scottish Vote to leave the SSEU, which is actually pretty high considering the SCUP leader and most SMP's were Remain and campaigned so; this needs changing ASAP or the pretend parliament will never be challenged.

The key question really, has the genie had too many fried mars bars to ever fit back in the lamp?
SNP has a minority in Holyrood, so there's plenty of opposition. In order to get anything through an opposition party has to be bribed to support them (usually the Greens) or it's obviously in the public good and it gets backing from one or more of the other major parties (lowering drink driving or alcohol pricing).

And they are MSPs.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Bridge of Allan is a place, you seem to be confusing it with a Paul Simon song
No confusion Fang, and I know it's a place ya dafty! It's the sound of silence that I need info on.

Bernard Cornwall Walt

"Alfred wanted peace, but the Danes came and the Norsemen came, and so peace fled from him, and Alfred had to fight.

And when Alfred was dead and England was powerful, still more Danes came, and more Norsemen, and the Britons marched out of Wales and the Scots howled down from the North and what else can a man do but fight? For his land, his family, himself".
- Uhtred of Bebbanburg
Actually I was being a little sarky in that the Press seem to have reinvented the term Briton more or less around the time of or just before devolution. The usual term up to then was British. I seem to recall that Gildas refers to a great abandonment of these islands c 450

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
SNP has a minority in Holyrood, so there's plenty of opposition. In order to get anything through an opposition party has to be bribed to support them (usually the Greens) or it's obviously in the public good and it gets backing from one or more of the other major parties (lowering drink driving or alcohol pricing).

And they are MSPs.
The opposition as demonstrated the other day when every non SNP MSP voted for a financial package for businesses which Nicola did not want to hand out from her independence war chest. One of the few times she has lost a major vote.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The opposition as demonstrated the other day when every non SNP MSP voted for a financial package for businesses which Nicola did not want to hand out from her independence war chest. One of the few times she has lost a major vote.
I was going to say named person but that actually went through as part of Children and Young people's act 2014, supported by all except SC&U, only failed on a data sharing technicality at the Supreme court.

But there are still 16000 businesses - it was in the papers the other day but can't remember what one - that have had nothing from them

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sturgeon has micro managed the news briefings, not allowing follow on questions,refusing to answer questions that are obviously media traps saying she is not going to answer questions that out words in her mouth. All very good and well, showing NS as strong and in control.

It was nice the other day to see her flustered when a reporter from the Telegraph jumped in at the end. She was tidying up getting ready to go when he came in and she squawked "Your not on my list" and almost lost it. When she realised it was a fairly inoccuous question she answered it, but I bet that someone got a blasting afterwards.

As far as I'm concerned, the lockdown ends when I can see a dentist and go to the gym. I don't care about the brats going back to school, or the bars opening or professional sport resuming.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As far as I'm concerned, the lockdown ends when I can see a dentist and go to the gym. I don't care about the brats going back to school, or the bars opening or professional sport resuming.
Dentists are still seeing patients.

But we hope to be seeing more shortly

Latest Threads