Scottish Politics Thread

Mick9abf

War Hero
No but with good optics on its camera it’ll be able to read a credit card number and charge the cost of rescue to the unfortunate casualty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t be daft, everything in Scotland is already or should be free to make the country more ‘fair and inclusive’ as per the SNP mantra........ unless you actually have job and acknowledge that services cost money in which case your tax is increased.....I mean adjusted to reflect that and ensure the ‘vulnerable’ in society have the same opportunity (to not work).

Pressure on Boris as Scottish independence support surges - but Sturgeon in lockdown chaos

They want independence, give England a say, and they'll be independent the day after the vote
Where's your evidence for a surge for Scottish Independence and this supposed pressure on Boris?

Also, I see no lockdown chaos for the FM, she's just doing it (slightly) different to England.

So. What the feck was that all about then? A little bit of control freakery to show that she's in charge, and now 2 weeks later, all of a sudden we're further ahead out of lock down than England?
You really couldn't make this joke of a Shortbread Senate up!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Where's your evidence for a surge for Scottish Independence and this supposed pressure on Boris?

Also, I see no lockdown chaos for the FM, she's just doing it (slightly) different to England.
In terms of dentistry, it has been has been handled quite differently.

At the start far more communication and guidance.
We had 99% of the urgent dental care centres up and running within a few days, they are still struggling even now South. Last I heard 80%
Up here Remuneration was soon agreed with dentists, an early disagreement quickly adjusted. South they are predicting large scale closures due to poor package.
And now we are entering recovery we have a plan that is staged and deemed appropriate. South feels there's is too rushed and will not work.
Whilst there have been several petitions calling for the Chief Dental Officer (England)'s resignation or sacking, nothing like that up here.

In terms of dentistry, the chaos has been all South.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So. What the feck was that all about then? A little bit of control freakery to show that she's in charge, and now 2 weeks later, all of a sudden we're further ahead out of lock down than England?
You really couldn't make this joke of a Shortbread Senate up!

Reaction to a pandemic should be based on a number of factors.
If we entered lockdown at an earlier stage and stayed in lockdown relatively longer then theoretically we have more control over the virus and can return to lessor restrictions sooner.

The future of Search in Search and Rescue?
Hhhhhmmmm, someone is going to have to control this thing, in low vis and potentially very poor weather, strong winds etc. In general these things are not hugely powerful and stability could present real issues, you don't want to find a casualty and have the thing fall on their head. The data signal will limit where they can be used, I doubt satellites will be any good to bounce the signal off of due to latency. Regulations are still some way off to allow BVLOS (Beyond Visual Line Of Sight) operations and they'll come with some pretty strict requirements for equipment etc.
Apart from that it's a great idea ;-)

In terms of dentistry, it has been has been handled quite differently.

At the start far more communication and guidance.
We had 99% of the urgent dental care centres up and running within a few days, they are still struggling even now South. Last I heard 80%
Up here Remuneration was soon agreed with dentists, an early disagreement quickly adjusted. South they are predicting large scale closures due to poor package.
And now we are entering recovery we have a plan that is staged and deemed appropriate. South feels there's is too rushed and will not work.
Whilst there have been several petitions calling for the Chief Dental Officer (England)'s resignation or sacking, nothing like that up here.

In terms of dentistry, the chaos has been all South.
The urgent dental care centre in Edinburgh is fcuking hopeless. I speak from painful experience.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Were you at least seen?
@johnboyzz

Eating lunch a couple of weeks ago. Felt a crack as a large part of a tooth broke away, exposing the nerve. Went to Lauriston, phoned the number on the door and was told the triage nurse would get back to me.

After an hour of standing around, nurse phone's back and tells me my problem isn't urgent enough to be seen by a dentist. Advised to buy a self-repair kit; basically fast setting dental putty you put over the missing part of the tooth. After trying every possible shop on the Bridges and Princess St, I eventually managed to grab the last two packets in a shop in Shandwick Place. And to add insult to injury, I lost half a shift's wages.

So yeah, I'm not impressed.

offog

LE
still cant understand why so many muppets are giving her high credit for leading scotland so well through the CV crisis when all she has done is just follow westminsters direction 1 or 2 weeks later! Shes shown not an ounce of initiative in the last 3 months unless it is to gazump the cobra meeting or to deflect blame or make false accusations - in short, she is a cnut of the highest order!
Following a comment by one of the Septics in another thread we compared population density to get a better figure of covid death rates.

Using the same system Scotland compares in many ways to Yorkshire but he out comes are a lot different.

Scotland 14k cases and 2316 deaths.
Yorkshire 9k cases and 2097 deaths.
Population about the same 5.5m
Scotland has 4 large cities with Glasgow 0.6m and Edinburgh 0.5m the other two are under 200k
Yorkshire has three over 0.5m with Leeds close to0. 8m. Two with over 200k and 5 with well over 100k.

Population density is far higher in Yorkshire but the death rate is a lot lower.
Why the difference?
Scotland is governed by a Saint and Yorkshire by a liying scoundrel.

May be there should be more comparison with other parts of the UK to compare how the saint if running the response.

Edited to add the 0. as @JuniorBod pointed out but as NASA can get its numbers wrong sometimes, dump infanteers should be given a lot more latitud.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@johnboyzz

Eating lunch a couple of weeks ago. Felt a crack as a large part of a tooth broke away, exposing the nerve. Went to Lauriston, phoned the number on the door and was told the triage nurse would get back to me.

After an hour of standing around, nurse phone's back and tells me my problem isn't urgent enough to be seen by a dentist. Advised to buy a self-repair kit; basically fast setting dental putty you put over the missing part of the tooth. After trying every possible shop on the Bridges and Princess St, I eventually managed to grab the last two packets in a shop in Shandwick Place. And to add insult to injury, I lost half a shift's wages.

So you lived?

And were given advice that helped?

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
@johnboyzz

Hmmm... sometimes i am glad i do not live in the UK. Get treatment fairly quickly & i have extra insurance

So you lived?

And were given advice that helped?
Advice that could have been given over a phone conversation from my house, which would have saved me taxi fare to Lauriston and wouldn't have cost me half a shift's wages. Unfortunately, you cannot phone the dental clinic direct: you have to turn up in person, then phone the number on the door.

I'm not impressed by their performance.

Latest Threads