Scottish Politics Thread

BoJo needs to make a choice, lose elected ministers from posts with the chance some may resign from the party or sack an unelected advisor.

Quite frankly Cummings statement was laughable and for him to think that the public believe any of it shows he’s maybe not as in touch with the ‘public feeling and sentiment‘ as he thinks he is.

What BoJo does next will define his leadership abilities. Quite what Cummings has either over BoJo or indeed that can’t be replaced by another advisor is lost on me.
You should try the Dominic Cummings Appreciation thread. The muppets are queuing up over there to justify his every uttering.

You should try the Dominic Cummings Appreciation thread. The muppets are queuing up over there to justify his every uttering.
There's even a mong called lastwalt who is so thick he can't even understand simple facts laid out for him in the manner used for five year olds. Sad to see eh mate?

There's even a mong called lastwalt who is so thick he can't even understand simple facts laid out for him in the manner used for five year olds. Sad to see eh mate?
You wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you on the arrse. You're being fed bullshat and swallowing it up like a good little fanboi.
If Cummings had said the sky was green, you'd be right on here posting about how green the sky is today.

FHA

LE
It’s not that people especially like him, just that’s it’s came to light he pisses off remainers, lefties and Scottish Nationalists.
End justifying the means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not that people especially like him, just that’s it’s came to light he pisses off remainers, lefties and Scottish Nationalists.
End justifying the means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think it's that so much as the fact that people realise that Johnson is an empty sock puppet without him.

Seadog

ADC
First resignation over the Cummings fiasco

View attachment 476627
Ross, like many of Cumming’s detractors is guilty of the false equivalence fallacy (para 6 of his resignation letter).

The more pish, wailing, hypocracy and mobbing there is around Cummings, especially by the press hounds and rent-a-mob at his London home, the more I take his side (stand fast the recce to Barnard Castle Specsavers).

————-

Edited to preempt the grammar police.

Last edited:
I think they have missed out the main differing factor, which is unsurprising. This the fact that the media down south are hell bent in removing Boris Johnson from office and ask questions designed to do that rather than elicit information. Up here the media are content to allow Sturgeon freedom to act as she sees best. At no point has Sturgeon faced the hostile questioning that the PM and Ministers have at Westminster.

1590486977881.png

FHA

LE
Ross, like many of Cumming’s detractors are guilty of the false equivalence fallacy (para 6 of his resignation letter).

The more pish, wailing, hypocracy and mobbing there is around Cummings, especially by the press hounds and rent-a-mob at his London home, the more I take his side (stand fast the recce to Barnard Castle Specsavers).
I was thinking that about para 6. He did have a beloved relative die nearby at the time.

With the Ross resignation (at the risk of sounding stupidly practical), who can afford to chuck their job in voluntarily at the minute?

No no, to a point it’s fine, I mean that why Scotland has a FM for domestic matters and after all it was Scotland who elected her in the accepted sense. I really don’t have a problem with that. What annoys me intensely is that the BBC immediately shift to Scotland to hear FM ofScotland whilst ensuring their primary commentator in WM is Scottish. In fact Beeb seems to have a problem finding anyone who is English as opposed to someone residing here.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No no, to a point it’s fine, I mean that why Scotland has a FM for domestic matters and after all it was Scotland who elected her in the accepted sense. I really don’t have a problem with that. What annoys me intensely is that the BBC immediately shift to Scotland to hear FM ofScotland whilst ensuring their primary commentator in WM is Scottish. In fact Beeb seems to have a problem finding anyone who is English as opposed to someone residing here.
You sure?
There is Laura Keunessberg - oops Scottish
Andrew Marr - oops Scottish
Carrie Gracie - oops Scottish
:)

Mind you, there are quite a few English, Welsh and a smattering of Norn Ireland to choose from apart from the above!

You sure?
There is Laura Keunessberg - oops Scottish
Andrew Marr - oops Scottish
Carrie Gracie - oops Scottish
:)

Mind you, there are quite a few English, Welsh and a smattering of Norn Ireland to choose from apart from the above!
Well I don’t see Laura, whom I find very irritating , I’ve given up on political shows like Marr and who the hell is Carrie Gracie. I just barely watch the Beeb at lunchtime whingefest. Our PM is not the FM, it’s not forScots to criticise English policy, they have no mandate for that. This is the National news we’re talking about,not the regional. Nor is it the Beeb job to sell political messages

Latest Threads