Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think something must have been lost in the translation from the original French.
Not if you read the entire thread from the beginning and it's 2 predecessors

In fact all major political parties except Conservative support lowering the voting age to 16.
Which strikes me as very odd considering the law considers under 18's to be children :)

But potential voters!
Yes I know thats why the YesNP and lovely Labour under Corbyn wanted it. Would have been a very interesting debate in Parliament.......

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Which strikes me as very odd considering the law considers under 18's to be children :)
And we allow them to have children and get married at 16.

You can start your Army application when only 15, though you need to be 16 before actually join.

The under 18 is a child comes from the UN.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes I know thats why the YesNP and lovely Labour under Corbyn wanted it. Would have been a very interesting debate in Parliament.......
It has been debated a fair few times, off top of my head, there's been more.

2008, Voting Age(Reduction) Bill got to Second reading before talked down by Conservatives so never got to vote.

2017 there was a Private Members Bill, Representation of the People (Young People's Enfranchisement and Education) Bill, again talked down by Conservatives during the second reading so once again no vote.

See a pattern?

And we allow them to have children and get married at 16.

You can start your Army application when only 15, though you need to be 16 before actually join.

The under 18 is a child comes from the UN.
I took the oath when I was still 15, this was however back in 1985, where in Scotland you could be enlisted in the last 3 months of your 15th birthday. 16 on the 8th Sept, head shaved and on parade in green coverals and white daps on the 17th. I'm guessing it's changed now due to outrage of child soldiers.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Nothing to do with me, I would hasten to add.
So many inconsistencies but we are never allowed to rebuff such articles due to confidentiality.

A recurring theme recently!

Try 'The Observer'.

It's reads like it's composed of shite that was even too Libtardish for the Guardian.

I bought it yesterday for a change .

Utter fecking bilge.
My bold; that's up against some quite severe competition.

I was reading The Guardian the other day (the shame, I know!!) and they had an article about how Coronavirus is affecting Rio de Janeiro's transgender sex workers. I kid you not. Some w@nker gets paid to write that.

'If I don't have sex I'll die of hunger': Covid-19 crisis for Rio's trans sex workers

Beyond parody.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My bold; that's up against some quite severe competition.

I was reading The Guardian the other day (the shame, I know!!) and they had an article about how Coronavirus is affecting Rio de Janeiro's transgender sex workers. I kid you not. Some w@nker gets paid to write that.

'If I don't have sex I'll die of hunger': Covid-19 crisis for Rio's trans sex workers

Beyond parody.

Fair.....
No surprise, I'd have been much more surprised if they'd taken the opposite view.

The Scottish government has, largely, taken a very similar approach to CV19 as the UK Gov whilst claiming they're taking their own path. They are either right in their assertions or they're telling porkies and I doubt it will take long for the country to find out.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
This is well worth a look at 3 questions asked:

Has HMG UK handled CV19 badly?
Has Scotland handled CV19 better than Eng, NI and Wales
Why is Scotland slow to come out of lockdown?

Screenshot_20200523-154430_Samsung Internet.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This is well worth a look at 3 questions asked:

Has HMG UK handled CV19 badly?
Has Scotland handled CV19 better than Eng, NI and Wales
Why is Scotland slow to come out of lockdown?

View attachment 475851
From today's U.K. government figures shows that Scotland and Wales still very similar and well behind England in deaths per million of population.

England 32,666 deaths, population 55.98million, deaths per million 583

Scotland 2245 deaths, population 5.44millon, deaths per million 413

Wales 1260 deaths, population 3.14millon, deaths per million 401

NI. 504 Deaths, population 1.88millon, deaths per million 268.

Latest Threads