Scottish Politics Thread

Well I genuinely never realised this Carry on has been since 2010! Free tuition for Scots I never had issue with, the EU bit I most certainly do.
i never used to have an issue with free uni education when the courses were decent (pre Labour) and only 10% of kids went but now, with most kids going and many doing mickey mouse degrees that have been deliberately created by unions/industry institutes and unis to create a new industry , i have a BIG problem with it! - the kids who cant afford to go, its not an option for or are not academic minded end up on the scrap heap, doing minimum wage jobs and their taxes pay for the far too many who spend years on the piss in uni and then come out wondering why they are so unemployable! The truth is most trades do not need a degree and used to recruit with no problem at all from the very same pool of school leavers that are now written off whilst we import cheal foreign labour from overseas. The whole system is rotten and needs to be rebalanced - the SNPee system only panders to the better off and ignores a whole section of society leaving them bereft of hope - absolutely shameful!

If this is the same incident as the one I saw reported in The Courier, the boy was reportedly charged with Breach of the Peace rather than anything to do with lockdown.
If it was the same incident, I'm surprised there was any Police there, as the Polis are pretty sparse in that area.
Thats the one. We were surprised at the police being there. 3 cars tearing past the house sirens going.

homeworker

War Hero
i never used to have an issue with free uni education when the courses were decent (pre Labour) and only 10% of kids went but now, with most kids going and many doing mickey mouse degrees that have been deliberately created by unions/industry institutes and unis to create a new industry , i have a BIG problem with it! - the kids who cant afford to go, its not an option for or are not academic minded end up on the scrap heap, doing minimum wage jobs and their taxes pay for the far too many who spend years on the piss in uni and then come out wondering why they are so unemployable! The truth is most trades do not need a degree and used to recruit with no problem at all from the very same pool of school leavers that are now written off whilst we import cheal foreign labour from overseas. The whole system is rotten and needs to be rebalanced - the SNPee system only panders to the better off and ignores a whole section of society leaving them bereft of hope - absolutely shameful!
Not just north of the border, my niece (and her boyfriend) are on a sports management degree course in Kent. My niece has decided to have a baby and then return to her studies later, Ha! At the moment (and for the last five months) they have been round at Nanny's house having everything paid for and Nanny buying them (or her daughter) a car because her old one is not suitable. My point being that the university in Kent is churning out 30-40 Sports Management graduates every year but just how many jobs are there in sports management? Not that many. So many manufactured university courses are giving young people unrealistic expectations of there worth in the job market with nothing degrees. My son has a 2:1 in HIstory and politics, also a Law degree and just passed his BPTC but when applying for jobs he is now being told he needs a PhD how the hell is that realistic.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not just north of the border, my niece (and her boyfriend) are on a sports management degree course in Kent. My niece has decided to have a baby and then return to her studies later, Ha! At the moment (and for the last five months) they have been round at Nanny's house having everything paid for and Nanny buying them (or her daughter) a car because her old one is not suitable. My point being that the university in Kent is churning out 30-40 Sports Management graduates every year but just how many jobs are there in sports management? Not that many. So many manufactured university courses are giving young people unrealistic expectations of there worth in the job market with nothing degrees. My son has a 2:1 in HIstory and politics, also a Law degree and just passed his BPTC but when applying for jobs he is now being told he needs a PhD how the hell is that realistic.
At one point, Dundee was churning out forensic scientists at the rate of 40 for every available post in the UK.

As were multiple other universities, I think I read overall we were producing 400 graduate per available post.

This was inspired by NCIS, CIS Miami, various U.K. shows of a similar vein

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Anybody else notice that Wee Ruth has suddenly risen from the ashes and been appearing and passing comments on a variety of subjects

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Obviously not a fan of her successor, looks like internal battles ahead for the Conservatives as well as the SNP. Stand fast Labour, that's normal for you :)
I believe I mentioned such recently and was poo pooed!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I hope you didn't poo poo your poo poo.
You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a poo-poo.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I did wonder when reading it earlier why they could relocate them to a food bank or children's home ward…..or would the risk of cross contamination have written them all off
Half have already gone that way.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Anybody else notice that Wee Ruth has suddenly risen from the ashes and been appearing and passing comments on a variety of subjects
PNB

post Natal Boredom

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads