Scottish Politics Thread

After reading all the online stories, it would seem that the CMO chose to stay overnight at her second home.
Despite scurrilous suggestions.
No sign of the former sex pest sorry first minister, mr alexander (arsehole) salmond have been reported. He wasn't in the same street on the evening in question….

Now thats the sort of libel the red tops should suggest…..

mrboo

War Hero
So what i'm taking from this is that it is now ok to travel 50 miles without a reason and the most the police can do is give you some guidance but no fine...

So now we find out that she did not just do it once but two weekends in a row, she must go!
Give her a break. The only reason she went back a second time is because she thought she'd left the grill on. OK!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I utterly detest the Sturgeon woman, but it must be feckin hilarious on a morning when her aide walks in to tell her they have yet another issue with yet another one of her staff. It just seems to be constant SNP member issues in the papers at the moment.
Which seems to happen to all political Parties when they have been in power for a long time. Both Tory and Labour Parties have fallen foul of this phenomenon in the past.

Which seems to happen to all political Parties when they have been in power for a long time. Both Tory and Labour Parties have fallen foul of this phenomenon in the past.
Power breeds corruption. It has ever been thus.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wonder if the Sainted Nicola stays at Bute House or if she commutes to Chez Murrell as and when?

SDFA

Old-Salt
Give her a break. The only reason she went back a second time is because she thought she'd left the grill on. OK!
You wouldnt believe this, okay, its from the cult, so you might....

Some belter is now trying to insist that the only reason she travelled to her holiday home was due to the clause in her house insurance policy saying that a property couldnt be left empty for more than 28 days.

offog

LE
The CMO is obviously following the example set by other members of the SNP and as young Nicky has the leadership qualities of an ostridge she will not sack her.

So what i'm taking from this is that it is now ok to travel 50 miles without a reason
What I’m taking from this is that the Scottish CMO, along with her counterparts in the other parts of the Union is on a very nice pay package which allows her to afford a second home! I wonder if she has another holiday home in the sun (50 miles outside Edinburgh doesn’t count).
Public Health England, created by the Coalition Government in 2013, at the last count had more than 120 ‘directors’ on six figure sums, with a significant number of them ‘earning’ more than the Prime Minister. When all this is over and there is the inevitable price to pay, I trust Executive pay and perks will be the first in line for a review in order to get the books to balance.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And did the Professor apply for the job?

The current CMO has been in post since 2015.

It is an NHS Scotland appointment not a ScotGov one.

Previous CMOs have come from a range of medical specialities including surgeons and GPs.

SDFA

Old-Salt
Apparently the CMO has now been withdrawn from all future press conferences and will not be attending.
Pic below is Nicola tomorrow afternoon

stock-vector-cartoon-one-woman-band-642125509.jpg

I wonder if the Sainted Nicola stays at Bute House or if she commutes to Chez Murrell as and when?
Good point with onsite digs she shouldn't be traveling down the M8 every evening

Previous CMOs have come from a range of medical specialities including surgeons and GPs.
But not Dentists ? :cool: :cool:

Well she gets my vote

as hypocrite of the year 2020!