Scottish Politics Thread

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
More opinion/comment on the aftermath of the Salmond trial and impending SNP civil war. Nothing really different just a slightly different tone.

Just to go off on a tangent, what news of the wee fairy dust paddle steamers?

Capture.PNG 77777.PNG

Capture.PNG 9999999999.PNG

I do like the painted windows but painted net curtains would just have added a bit of class.

And that bulbous bow?
Capture.PNG 0000000.PNG

Blackadder did it much better;

February 2, 2020.
The £230m ghost ships: Pictures expose shocking state of Scotland's superferries - The Sunday Post

Dr Baird, former professor of Maritime Business at Edinburgh Napier University, who sits on the government’s Ferry Industry Advisory Group, also predicted further delays and a final figure of more than £300m. He previously said the ferries should be downgraded to save on costs but now believes they should be scrapped.
He said: “If we could re-specify the two vessels to carry 500 passengers instead of 1,000 we could take that £110m overspend down to about £50m or £60m.
“They could just make it a more normal ferry, what I call a utilitarian island ferry, with lino instead of plush carpets. You don’t need the art treasures, the a la carte restaurants for a one-hour voyage to Arran. I live on Orkney and we’re quite used to just a bacon roll and a coffee.
“But I would now go as far as to say scrap them. For £110m you could bring in the best standardised production people and build four ferries at Ferguson’s.”
Is must indeed be a magical land, taxpayers £'s just seem to disappear.

Just to go off on a tangent, what news of the wee fairy dust paddle steamers?

View attachment 462672
View attachment 462673

I do like the painted windows but painted net curtains would just have added a bit of class.

And that bulbous bow?
View attachment 462675

Blackadder did it much better;

February 2, 2020.
The £230m ghost ships: Pictures expose shocking state of Scotland's superferries - The Sunday Post

Is must indeed be a magical land, taxpayers £'s just seem to disappear.
To be honest, cheeper scrapping and starting over…...

Last week it was wee Jimmy's sister all over the press and social media, this week it is the turn of her mummy. Perhaps some bad attempt at PR management going on here.

Dr Catherine Calderwood was caught visiting her second home, an hour away from her main home, but has apologised for being caught:

Dr Catherine Calderwood was caught visiting her second home, an hour away from her main home, but has apologised for being caught:

I am normally a fan of Dr Calderwood but this was a fatal error of judgement and I'm afraid she should resign.

To forgive is better than ……she apologised
Yes she apologised for a gross error of judgement BUT she has totally undermined her credibility and the next time she asks us to stay at home she will be answered with a resounding Aye right we off tae the holiday hame like youse

Yes she apologised for a gross error of judgement BUT she has totally undermined her credibility and the next time she asks us to stay at home she will be answered with a resounding Aye right we off tae the holiday hame like youse
Aye fair enough get her to feck, in fact make her scrub up and go on a ward…..after all if you lose all credibility better to go out and work. Unless of course she is incapable of falling on her thermometer

I am normally a fan of Dr Calderwood but this was a fatal error of judgement and I'm afraid she should resign.
I disagree use her to make an example of - hit her with a 350 quid fine.

Her being sacked / resigning will be meaningless to Jo public - its not as if they will be asked to resign - slapping her with a hefty fine will serve to concentrate minds and as such have far more effeciti effica be much better

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And poor old Nicola is going to have to defend her in the Wee Parliament - that should be fun! :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Her being sacked / resigning will be meaningless to Jo public - its not as if they will be asked to resign - slapping her with a hefty fine will serve to concentrate minds and as such have far more effeciti effica be much better
£350 a hefty fine? Probably about a days salary!

SDFA

Old-Salt

Totally disagree, in the current climate, she would probably get the tax payer to pay the fine, then take ScotGov to court for wrongful fines, win and then get a shed load of money in compo!

I disagree on her salary £350 is a pittance however losing a very well paid job "as an exemplar to others" will concentrate the mind. Then she could go back on the wards.

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
It's in the same category as touching someone's arse, or commenting on their breasts, no one these days should be in any doubt is wrong so why do people still do it, cos their idiots (or being charitable human) unfortunately in these times of twitter mobs and rolling 24 hr news being an idiot isn't an excuse any more. Scheming and underhandedness I can forgive but stupidity nah, burn the witch- time for her to go (no matter how good she is at her job)

Latest Threads