Scottish Politics Thread

Do you have a catchy name for this one;

Capture.PNG

The Forlorn Hope, maybe?

The Reichstag Fire Decree was instrumental in ensuring that a certain Party stayed in power for many years by effectly stopping any opposition and blocking criticism in the media
Fire aside, the SNP have effectively stifled any criticism from within, quite forcably and for years.

The new standings orders state that any MP must "accept that no member shall within or outwith the parliament publicly criticise a group decision, policy or another member of the group".
The SNP declined to comment on the move but confirmed it was passed "overwhelmingly" by delegates.

I remember reading this when it was first published and I thought at the time that it would come back to bite them, when things weren't going so well.

At least it will be named after a nurse rather than the hospital administrator that London chose. ;)
Or, it could be named after the wife of a certain French diplomat?

As long as the floor covering is non edible.

or Senga McNightingale

A fine, modern building: with parking for . . . oooh-what? . . . 20 cars?

Or is there a hidden jet-pack storage facility in there somewhere?
It's more than was available at the old buildings in Marchmont (not that we were frequent fliers, but two sons doing full-contact sport does mean the occasional hospital visit...).

The new buildings are on the near side of Little France, in what was originally the car park for the main hospital buildings when they opened back in 2002. They opened up some more space for car parks to the rear of Little France, and they're slowly growing into the fields behind...

...But yes, it does mean a bit of a trek if you aren't fit and healthy.

homeworker

War Hero
It's more than was available at the old buildings in Marchmont (not that we were frequent fliers, but two sons doing full-contact sport does mean the occasional hospital visit...).

The new buildings are on the near side of Little France, in what was originally the car park for the main hospital buildings when they opened back in 2002. They opened up some more space for car parks to the rear of Little France, and they're slowly growing into the fields behind...

...But yes, it does mean a bit of a trek if you aren't fit and healthy.
Trekking from a car park is the curse of all hospitals these days. I went to GWH at Swindon the other day and it is a ten minute walk from some parts of the car park.

Trekking from a car park is the curse of all hospitals these days. I went to GWH at Swindon the other day and it is a ten minute walk from some parts of the car park.
Phone 999 and ask for an ambulance. They'll drop you off right at the front door.

Someone thought a glasgow nurse who died on active service deserves recognition. Or would you prefer it called something else?
My understanding is that Nightengale hospitals are a concept i.e. identifying a site with sufficient floor space Utility Infrastructure and transport links and using these sites in time of Emergency.

Strangely enough that is what oor Florence did all those years ago.

Giving different names to the same idea just clouds the issue and confuses.

But I suppose if you have surrounded yourself with PR Experts while 'others' are doing the real work you have to find something for them to do.

SDFA

Old-Salt
My understanding is that Nightengale hospitals are a concept i.e. identifying a site with sufficient floor space Utility Infrastructure and transport links and using these sites in time of Emergency.

But I suppose if you have surrounded yourself with PR Experts while 'others' are doing the real work you have to find something for them to do.
I find it strangely amusing the amount of Nationlist supporters who knew of this nurse before yesterday. They can tell you her place and date of birth, where she worked, how she died etc as if they had been taught it at rote in school and not lifted the information from wiki!

They could call it 'the big purple burglar alarm' for all I care, how many Glaswegians still call the Southern General, the Southern General, not the QE?

To my mind, it should be called the Nightingale as, along with all the other Nightingales, it will be temporary, for the treatment of this virus and will cease to exist after the event.

How many people will remember 'The Jordan' as a hospital and not some some chick with big norks in 6 months time?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Nightingale Wards were a feature of our hospitals for many many years.

The standard big room, two rows of beds, one on each side. a central corridor down which a nurse could patrol to ensure all was well with her patients.

A very simple but effective concept.

However modern practice leans more towards individual beds in separate rooms for privacy reasons.

More labour intensive especially if your patients need constant monitoring.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
The hashtag #nightingale Glasgow has went “viral” along with this picture.

Just leaving it here with no further comment as personally I’ve lost the will to live after reading the comments from both sides of the argument.

Attachments

Just leaving it here with no further comment as personally I’ve lost the will to live after reading the comments from both sides of the argument.
Just wait till the shops run out of carmel logs wafers and tea cakes
Irn bru is a different taste at least tunnocks kept the same recipe

SDFA

Old-Salt

Somebody put this on about an hour ago...the reaction has been, well, the same as the introduction of the Poll tax, Prima Nocta and the slaying of a first borne child.
Its a name!!

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
More comment about Salmond, or to be pedantically correct his perceived character flaws. Nothing new or surprising here, just something to be added to the list of comments.

Dredd

LE
I am quite happy with it but it has been noted within the NHS that she died from catching a disease from those she was treating.
I'm actually not bothered what it is called and I find myself in agreement with Wee Nippy - our standard hospitals are now prepared for any patients that may come in and hopefully we won't need the extra space, but it is there if we do. Since it is only temporary, what's in a name?

Latest Threads