Scottish Politics Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Covid could get rid!
Strangely she is doing not too bad on Covid-19, mind you most of her announcements are just mirrors of BoJo's using slightly different words.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Exactly that, she takes part in the Cobra meetings and her broadcasts are well before the proper leader of the country.
I think most people recognise that. However, with Boris not holding his Press briefings until 5pm it does not leave a lot of time for other devolved leaders to get their oar in.

Mick9abf

War Hero
I am not in the least bit surprised, Mrs Murrell does not have a good record in court. Anyone who looks like threatening her position suddenly finds themselves dealing with awkward issues - ask Ms J Cherry! Plus a few others.

I think this will be the final straw which will see Nicola ousted as leader of the SNP and FM. Not before time either as she has basically failed at everything she has turned her hand to.

Attachments

Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexually assaulting nine women while he was Scotland's first minister.

A jury found the former SNP leader not guilty on 12 of the sexual assault charges facing him, while another was found not proven.

A further charge of sexually assaulting a 10th woman had previously been dropped by prosecutors.

BBC Link

wheel

LE
Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexually assaulting nine women while he was Scotland's first minister.

A jury found the former SNP leader not guilty on 12 of the sexual assault charges facing him, while another was found not proven.

A further charge of sexually assaulting a 10th woman had previously been dropped by prosecutors.

BBC Link
Psst There is a whole thread dedicated to it but dont tell anyone cause its now locked.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nicola Sturgeon will be delighted at the lock down declared by the government. Takes the story away from Wee Eck but more importantly, away from her role in in this debacle.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Cunning plan .

@Auld-Yin , its only going to delay it a bit this will not go away. I guess a few more victims may well come out of the woodwork now.
On whose side?

offog

LE
Fully aware the other thread has been closed

Is there any substance or is the innocent person full of bluster when it comes to payback
Well any meetings he had planed have gone out the window now and the orgy to celebrate his freedom is looking a bit ify.

He did hint, very strongly that names would be named and evidence not used in court would find its way out.

He did hint, very strongly that names would be named and evidence not used in court would find its way out.
There's very good reasons why "evidence" isn't used in court, not that the "FREEDUMB" fighters will take the slightest bit of notice.

Salmond needs to be very careful what he puts out there, directly or indirectly as there's a good chance the other side has quite a bit of "evidence" that wasn't used too.

As for names would be named, that intrigues me.

There's very good reasons why "evidence" isn't used in court, not that the "FREEDUMB" fighters will take the slightest bit of notice.

Salmond needs to be very careful what he puts out there, directly or indirectly as there's a good chance the other side has quite a bit of "evidence" that wasn't used too.

As for names would be named, that intrigues me.
I do wonder if mrs salmons truly believes her husband is innocent, regardless of the outcome i do wonder if he is enjoying lockdown at home in deepest darkest rural shire

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I do wonder if mrs salmons truly believes her husband is innocent, regardless of the outcome i do wonder if he is enjoying lockdown at home in deepest darkest rural shire
Even if innocent of the charges, I thought several extra martial affairs and encounters had been revealed and admitted by both sides in the case.

Fully aware the other thread has been closed

Is there any substance or is the innocent person full of bluster when it comes to payback
Payback may kick off ( in due course) with one accuser being "allegedly/proven" not even to have been in the same building on the alleged evening in question.
He will be well advised by the likes of Jackson on who to go for, and who are worth a risk-managed punt. Or, let sleeping dogs lie. Being vindictive in the interests of clearing his name to whatever degree of some of the allegations, to my mind, could be counter intuitive and only serve to bring in hitherto unheard evidences.

He's done for anyway one way or another by his own historic admissions of being a bit bum-fiddly and one count of The Bastard Verdict. Mud sticks. Best he goes back to Banff..where ever... and fades away.
Just an instinct, but I reckon Wee Nicky's starfish will be tightening up some day. Emails? What Emails etc etc.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wonder if she cares. There are apparently many wives who go along with the "as long as he comes home" lifestyle.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
It seems that some independence supporters have missed the whole point of the Salmond trial, but firmly believes that Salmond will rise Phoenix like and lead Scotland to not only independence but pre-eminence amongst the nations of the world. But they have realised that the SNP infighting that led to this trial is now about to explode and probably quite messily into the public eye once the coronavirus crisis has passed and a parliamentary investigation takes place.

I must admit that I strongly dislike this blog and the person who writes it mainly because it’s crystal clear through his writing that he really hates anyone who doesn’t share his viewpoint and is not above making it personal. But I thought many people would not have seen this.

I wonder if she cares. There are apparently many wives who go along with the "as long as he comes home" lifestyle.
Given that in all probability he'd never come away with so many freebies & State paid for perks in a proper job and earned quite so much money with so little fall out.....

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Just in case anyone’s not worshipped at our favourite clergyman’s altar today.

Latest Threads