Scottish Politics Thread

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I thought there has been free travel for kids in London for a few years. @Joker62 ?
True and the little cherubs have bloomed into right lardies due to saving their bus fare for fried chicken and getting on the bus for a 100yd walk!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Don't know how true this is as I don't have kids at school, but if it's true, it's going a bit beyond the pale. Why can't kids just be left to be kids??

Highland Times Article
Have a 6 year-old at school. Definitely not getting anything like this.

A couple of years ago, when still 16 year old one of the elder Fanglets did.
In fact, all 3 elder Fanglets did, all at age 16.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There are a large and varied selection of tampons and clampons. I wonder if every 'dispensary' will stock every type and size? Who refills stocks?
My understanding is that there will ne a basic product supplied, with those wishing a more upmarket version more than welcome to buy their own.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Had a rant about this the other night to the missus when they were interviewing secondary school girls about this. I said "I bet every single ******* one of those kids has the latest smart phone....but the cant afford tammies from Poundland? Bollocks!"
Working as I do with various Looked After Children, your assertion about phones is incorrect.

There are those who will benefit from this scheme and they don't usually have phones of any description

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
False equivalence.
Unlike ‘Flowjob’, Aladdin and Widow Twanky are not sexualised. Okay, Aladdin may be, only in a ‘Bob’ way. The principal boy has principles.
Men in drag have been on the stage longer than that.

In all guises from sexualised to merely female impersonators.

My understanding is that there will ne a basic product supplied, with those wishing a more upmarket version more than welcome to buy their own.
Yeah but different heaviness, night time, tampons and clampons, with or without wings. It's a minefield.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yeah but different heaviness, night time, tampons and clampons, with or without wings. It's a minefield.
You seem to be rather well informed about these mysterious gadgets. ;)

Seems if anyone disagrees with young Mhairi she just throws the "homophobia" word around, the same way "racist" and "nazi" etc get chucked about these days.
what do you expect, she is just one of many gays/lesbians in public office who get to influence the debate at every turn - the only thing is , much like the much vaunted ‘ we need more women in politics for kinder better outcomes’ cries there is zero evidence so far that the females or LBGTQ etc that get there make things any better for anyone - its not the characteristic , it’s the very poor Calibre of people who somehow manage to become politicians

Working as I do with various Looked After Children, your assertion about phones is incorrect.

There are those who will benefit from this scheme and they don't usually have phones of any description
thought you were a dentist! - our of interest what % ? Honestly Don’t mind supporting those truly in need but not every fecker when we’re running a 7+% shortfall on our annual expenditure which is getting worse every year

You seem to be rather well informed about these mysterious gadgets. ;)
OMG, switch the telly on! Adverts for that, fanny rot, and so on, I learnt more in 6 months of adverts than 20 years of marriage.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
thought you were a dentist! - our of interest what % ? Honestly Don’t mind supporting those truly in need but not every fecker when we’re running a 7+% shortfall on our annual expenditure which is getting worse every year

Public Dental Service dentist, with much exposure to those from the lowest socio-economic sections of society.
And over a decade working with looked after children as a foster carer.

Plus some charity stuff am involved with.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
OMG, switch the telly on! Adverts for that, fanny rot, and so on, I learnt more in 6 months of adverts than 20 years of marriage.
You choice in advert watching is somewhat disturbing! :(

offog

LE
I thought there has been free travel for kids in London for a few years. @Joker62 ?
In Laws are both over 80 and have a free bus pass for NI. When Ryan was running a convenient service over to the UK and an airport close by they could get a flight for a penny plus airport tax. So free bus down to Dublin, fly over to UK and picked up by me free of charge. The only saving grace was that they didn't stay long.

You doth protest too much
...and your widespread first-hand experience* which allows you to dismiss his is what, roughly...?

* Quoting the Daily Mail doesn't count. Or "a mate down the pub". Or "a suspiciously convenient 'social-worker friend' who says 'they all have the latest smartphone'"

Because it perpetuates the concept of being different from everyone else. They are not.
So they aren't widely discriminated against, regarded as "lesser" by people like @craven50 who hit disagree but don't know why, regarded as "lesser" by several religions, harrassed and imprisoned in multiple countries around the world...?

You can punch up, but never down, as the saying goes.

I like to think that some day, the LGBT will indeed no different from everyone else - and to you, they may not be. But until the point where acceptance is absolute, and descrimination is so insignificant to be unmeasurable, I think we'll need "LGBT Support" groups for teenagers, just like we'll need it pointed out that "isn't it funny how few women or black people get nominated for Oscars" or "wasn't it funny how few Catholics worked in Harland & Wolff"?

They are the same as any other psuedo-community that has good guys, wanks, and the bulk in between who are sometimes good and sometimes bad. If fancying other humans is the only distinction then how are they different enough to justify a club. In a primary school?
Firstly, I clarified between posting and your reply by saying secondary schools. Even the kids' school only does "LGBT Support" in secondary.

Secondly, are you suggesting that "Bible Club" for the happy-clappy brigade should be banned, because they're "the same as any other pseudo-community", and "not different enough to justify a club"? Or "Football Club" for the devotees of wendyball, if their school is rugby-obsessed? What about "Computer Club" for the geeks and nerds, to give them a safe space to share their enjoyment of CPU frequencies and the joys of DDR4, free from the harrassment of the dim-but-sporty?

If the staff and parents think there's a need, and good people exist to help run it, then carry on IMHO...

Latest Threads